You are not logged in.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Friday, October 7th 2011, 5:44pm

DHEA - over the counter wonder drug - success stories?

me: 32
mild endo & mild pcos & low AMH - 15 pmol/L. Immune problems (ANA - 1/80 speckled pattern)
DH: tests all came back fine
TTC: 2.5 years HSG feb 10 - partially blocked tubes unblocked by procedure
feb 10 - feb 11: x5 cycles of clomid with HCG - all :BFN:

March 11 - menopur 75iu (day 1-9) :BFP: - chemical pregnancy

April 11 - menopur 75 iu (day 1-12) overstimmed 8 follicles cancelled

May 11 - menopur 75 iu (day 1-9) :BFP: missed miscarriage - discovered at 8.5 weeks

Hey there!!

Just had a really interesting meeting with my gynae. My husband and i have decided to take a new drug that he is recommending called DHEA - we need to take it for 4 months before our next injectibles cycles - it supposed to increase the quality of egg and reduce the chances of chromosonal abnormalities.

I was wondering if anyone else had heard of it - or had had success on it? I know its very big in America but not so big here i don't think?

Thoughts much appreciated!

xxxx
BUTTERFLYBEE

26/01/14 DS born
10/10/17 DD born

'It'll all be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.' smile2

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "butterflybee" (Oct 7th 2011, 5:49pm)

Reg: Dec 31st 2010

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 10:20am

Hi there,

DHEA is marvellous! I have been taking it almost 1 year since finding out I had DOR. I went from having 0 eggs retrieved at the first IVF attempt to having Eggs retrieved at the next two (apart from a strange blip in the summer showing only 1 follicle) and one of those eggs were a text book grade so it has brought me much hope.

There are lots of talk on DHEA on this site so do a search.

I have just started taking the 7-Keto DHEA for the past 7 weeks, without really thinking it through, I told my consultant on Friday and he's going to check it out and see if he wants me to go back to the regular DHEA. I started taking 7-Keto as I read it had fewer side effects than the regular one. It's a bit late now as I'm going through IVF so I will see what results it has next week xfingers

Good luck!
  • 35 Yrs
  • Husband perfect
  • 1st IVF 5 badly formed eggs :-(
  • Low AMH discovered; 1.21 ;(
  • 2nd IVF 3 Eggs : D, 1 av grade replaced, BFN :-(
  • 3rd IVF 4 Eggs : D, 1 av grade & 1 text book grade replaced, BFN ;(
  • 4th attempt cancelled, only one follicle ;(
  • 5th IVF 7 Eggs : D, 2 great embryos from blastocyst transferred BFP : D

• "butterflybee" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 10th 2011

Friday, October 28th 2011, 11:19am

Hello!!

Sorry I have taken such a long time to reply!!

Your post is so positive thank you! I have been taking 3 25g a day for the last 3 weeks and for the first time in my life!!! Had lots of stretchy egg white stuff around my ovulation (sorry tmi) :thumbsup:

I was dancing and skipping around my bathroom as though I'd just found out I was preggas :snigger:

Keeping everything crossed for you x
BUTTERFLYBEE

26/01/14 DS born
10/10/17 DD born

'It'll all be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.' smile2

Reg: Dec 31st 2010

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 6:01pm

Hi,

Even more positive news is that on this go of IVF I had 6 eggs 5 fertilised and 4 went on to blastocyst and two went back in. I have just this week had my first ever positive hpt :D

I put 90% of the success down to DHEA and 10% using the right stimms combi which for me was gonal f 450ml and luveris.

Oh and my consultant said 7-keto dhea is fine to take.

Good luck.
  • 35 Yrs
  • Husband perfect
  • 1st IVF 5 badly formed eggs :-(
  • Low AMH discovered; 1.21 ;(
  • 2nd IVF 3 Eggs : D, 1 av grade replaced, BFN :-(
  • 3rd IVF 4 Eggs : D, 1 av grade & 1 text book grade replaced, BFN ;(
  • 4th attempt cancelled, only one follicle ;(
  • 5th IVF 7 Eggs : D, 2 great embryos from blastocyst transferred BFP : D

babybeat

Reg: Nov 13th 2011

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 6:37pm

Zoolander a massive congratulations - can I ask how long did you take the DHEA for please and did you fall pregnant naturally or are hyou saying you had the IVF?
I have just ordered my DHEA tablets and can't wait to get stuck.
Thanks

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.