You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "VRBennett83" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2010

Children: William, our last embryo, was our miracle!

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 8:36pm

Embryo Transfer Question

I had EC yesterday. This way my second cycle, as our first cycle was failed fertilisation. Last time we got 9 eggs and 5 were mature enough for use. Following our failure, the consultant upped the stims and we did egg collection 37 hours after trigger shot rather than 36 to get more eggs and more mature eggs. Our result? only 8 eggs and only TWO mature! Devastated.

They used ICSI with these two eggs and luckily they both fertilised. I should be happy, right? but I am just so upset that our result was so shockingly bad egg wise than last time!

Anyway, these two embryo's are our only two chances at having a baby on the NHS (we only get 1 cycle funded). They have scheduled me in for embryo transfer for Monday (day 3) and of course that can change depending on our two embies progress.

My question is - what can I do and eat to improve chances of success? What should I avoid? I read that having intercourse the day before transer prepares the cervix for an embryo. Is this right? Sounds like it makes sense.

Any help appreciated!
Me - 28
DH - 32, low sperm count and motility

ICSI #1- failed fertilsation
ICSI #2, 2 embies. 1 put back and :BFP: miscarried 7wks

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 11:02pm

My main advise would be to relax Hun try not to stress or worry. It only takes 1 little embrie to make that baby and you have 2 little ones growing and ready to snuggle back in the mothership very soon. It wouldn't do you or your embries any good if you not relaxed. Other than that continue eating healthy, taking your folic acid etc.
I haven't heard about the intercourse before ET improving chances maybe one of the other girls can shed some light on that one. I personally couldn't have thought of anything worse as I was so bloated and still very sore.
Good luck with ET Hun xxxxxxxx xfingers

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 9:15am

Hi VRBennett83 and welcome to :FZ:

As mystikins has said the main thing is to relax and it does only take 1. Sometimes fewer eggs mean better quality eggs. I would not have intercourse before e/t as this can cause infection. You are still sore inside form being stimulated and from e/c 9even if you don't feel pain). The inside needs to be clean for the embryos. In fact they normally wash out your cervix before hand.

As far as diet goes I would avoid caffeine (have decaf and remember caffeine is also found in some fizzy drinks and chocolate), avoid sugary foods like cakes and biscuits, have plenty of lean proteins, fruit and vegetables and have wholemeal carbs. Drink lots of water and milk and avoid all the food you would avoid if you were pregnant, like pate and raw meats.

I would also avoid strenuous exercise, but would do gentle walking. Remember not to lift or carry anything heavy.

Try to do relaxing activities and if you are taking time off during the 2ww try fill your day with movies, walks outside and lots of sleep!

Good luck with E/T babydust

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 9:34am

I only ended up with one egg and that was all it took - she is due in 3 weeks.
Relax!!!

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 11:09am

I only had one embie and now I'm 27 weeks pregnant due on boing day so it really can happen try and stay chilled out and good luck xx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 6:27pm

I really wouldn't advise intercourse before tomorrow, especially if you are using pessaries! Like the girls have said, there is still hope with a low number of eggs.

Good Luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE