You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Dragonfly" started this thread
  • Switzerland

Reg: Nov 28th 2010

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 8:19pm

Pain one day after egg collection

Hi everyone

Has anyone else had pain the day following egg collection? I don't remember having pain the last time, but then I probably rested. I had the collection yesterday and today went to work and had a fairly purposeful walk at lunchtime. Sine then I'm in a little discomfort. I'm hoping it's not related to OHSS, or that anything has gone wrong with my insides.....

Always so much to worry about with IVF!

Hope all's going well with everyone,

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Blocked tubes - endo. IVF Dec 2010: BFN. FET x3 2011: BFN. IVF Sep 2011 xfingers

l_ouise

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 8:23pm

I was in pain, yes.

It was like if i used my stomach muscles it would hurt - i found it hard to get myself out of the car.

The only thing that relieved it was laying down but it only lasted a couple of days :)

I'd be more concern if the pains was very sharp and constant.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 8:24pm

Hi Dragonfly, on my first cycle I had a lot of pain and bleeding after EC and was reassured it was normal. My clinic explained that ovaries don't like being disturbed and sometime grumble afterwards. If you are worried speak to your clinic tomorrow x

ps Good Luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Jun 20th 2011

Children: is the question, 'soon' is the answer (fingers crossed)

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 8:28pm

Thanks ladies, It seems I have this to look forward to :-(

Hope your pain subsides soon dragonfly xx
PCOS
DH Perfect (his opinion, not mine)
A laparscopy has shown tubal damage.
Ovarian drilling :BFN:
Prescribed Clomid 50mg for 18 months :BFN:
3x IUI 2 with clomid one with Menopur :BFN:
Currently taking Metformin 1500mg
xfingers ET Blasto Feb 2012 At Care Manchester

MY DIARY

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 8:55pm

Hi Dragonfly, I had egg collection yesterday and have got pain today. Last time I had pain for a few days. Like curlytails said, ovaries dont like being poked and prodded. My clinic explained it as ' your ovaries are like they are attached on stalks so everytime you move they move and bash into things and as they will be bruised after ec this causes the pain' I'm sure your pain will ease soon, I find a hot water bottle helps.
Good luck, when are you expecting et? X x x
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

• Switzerland

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 3:31pm

Thanks everyone for your comments. I continued to have pain until yesterday, so three days after collection. Haven't done much today, so don't know how I am yet!

Transfer was yesterday, Kat. Not great news on the embryo quality though. So not particularly hopeful. When's yours? Fingers crossed for you!!!
Dragonfly

Blocked tubes - endo. IVF Dec 2010: BFN. FET x3 2011: BFN. IVF Sep 2011 xfingers

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 4:54pm

Congratulations on being PUPO :happy: got everything crossed for you. I'm still in a bit of pain, but managed to go into town today and get a huge bacon sandwich :snigger: so can't be that bad. my transfer is tomorrow xfingers how many embryos did you have transfered? Sending lots of PMA your way xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Saturday, September 24th 2011, 5:43pm

Hi Hun my first time I didn't feel anything after EC but second time in march I was in agony for a couple of days had hot water bottle day and night. Don't worry hun perfectly normal as we have had our insides prodded poked and sucked out lol.
Good luck for ET hope to get lots of lovely embries xxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

• Switzerland

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 2:14pm

Kat, you must have had your transfer by now. How did it go? Has the pain gone down further?

They allowed thee to develop, one didn't get past two cell stage, and they transferred two. How many did you have transferred?
Dragonfly

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 3:59pm

I had two transfered in the end, feel alot better today, just a few twinges now from transfer. How are you feeling?
When's your test date? Mines the 8th oct xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

• Switzerland

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 6:09pm

Well done. Next step done! I had twinges as well with this transfer. I don't remember them from last time...

I'm feeling a lot better today, but still quite bloated which makes it quite uncomfortable to walk and I can't cope with a vaguely full bladder! It's just weird, isn't it? Going through this whole process.

Does your clinic give you an indication of the quality of the embryos? My doctor shows me pictures, but doesn't generally say anything.

My test date is 5 October.....
Dragonfly

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, September 25th 2011, 10:46pm

They don't go into much detail about quality, they just said they were good. If they were really good we would have only been allowed one embryo transfered. I try not to think about quality too much coz I drive myself insane :wacko: . Are you in the 2ww thread?
I'm bloated too, thought my bloating had gone today but no it came back just after lunchtime :thumbdown: xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 11:32pm

How are you feeling today? Are you still bloated? Xx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

• Switzerland

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 9:14pm

Hi Kat

No my bloating has gone. But from what my doc said the last fresh cycle we did, that's a bad thing! Which means it's a good thing that you still have yours!!! He said that during the two weeks you should feel the bloating slowly going down during the first week and then it slowly returning during the second week. So fingers crossed that it means your little embryo is snuggling down and producing lots of hormones, or whatever it is that produces the bloating :)

Had a low day today and just can't wait until Wednesday midday so that I can put it behind me and move on.....how do people stay positive through all this?!?!

How are you doing?
Dragonfly

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE