You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "traceycat" started this thread

Reg: Sep 17th 2011

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 8:36am

could it be too late for us?

hi everyone, i just joined the forum a few days ago.
my story is. my hubby an i want to try for another baby, we live in northern ireland (anyone else from here?) im 38 an have 4 grown up kids who we love to bits but would realy love another baby, i got steralized 19 years ago, i was very young an have regreted it every since. anyway i went to my gp on monday an discussed a reversal with her, she is going to refere me to a conslutant but may not get seen until after christmas, i also have type 2 diabetes and dont know if this would be a risk factor if i was to become pregnant. has anyone had a reversal an was it succesful? im just worried incase the conslutant thinks its all to late for us now as im 38 and i dont know how long i will have to wait for the op. i have also been reading about egg sharing but dont know alot about whats involved. is there a quicker way or another road we can speed everything up before its to late for us, we dont have alot of money so private is probley out of the question. its all very confusing an sorry for the long story, any help an advice would be realy appriecated.

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 8:48am

Hi Traceycat

Welcome to FZ :)

Each clinic, each area, each country has different rules about qualifying for fertility tx. I know that here, if you already have children you don;t qualify for ivf on the NHS. Also, with egg sharing, you have to be under 35 (i think - it could even be younger!) I know that i was too old to egg share when i did my first tx and that was a few years ago! Perhaps write a list of questions to take to your consultant appointment when you get it??

I can't help with the sterilisation reversal as i have no experience of this.

Good luck :)

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!