You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Welsh lady" started this thread

Reg: Jun 23rd 2009

Friday, September 9th 2011, 4:59pm

Some hope if your going through PGD

Hi,

Well i just wanted to share my story with you, as for the last 3 years ive been reading but never really posted. Ive written a few posts at the begining of our journey but then stopped writing. But reading other peoples stories really gave me hope so would like to give some back. I wont make it long but just give you the basics :0)

We Live in wales but as they dont do pgd there we were having treatment in London. My dh sister has a condition called cri-de-cha she is in her twentys but has a menatl age of 2. He has the balancedtranslocation that has a high chance of us having a baby with what his sister was born with. So this was our reason for having PGD. We also couldnt get pregnant naturally as we needed icsi because of his sperm count.

Our first cycle we did the long protocol and had 6 eggs, 4 fertilised and were able for testing. only one was able for transfer. This was only a 5 cell on day 5 so wasnt very high chances. it resulted with a BFN

Our second cycle we did the short protocol and 4 eggs, only 1 fertilised and was able for testing. it came back with the translocation.

at this point we did tests to see what are chances were and they were only 23% on the chromosones problem alone. I was 26 when i started so they couldnt see why i wasnt producing many eggs. They did tests, nothing came back but they said i would never produce many eggs!! as you can see our chances are very very slim, but with faith and hope we carried on.

Our third cycle they put us back on the long protocol, i produced an amazing 16 eggs, 11 fertilised and 10 were biopsied!! couldnt belive it. but only 1 came back for transfer.

This time it was a blast we were so so excited, it had been tested for all the chromosones and we really belived this was it, after all, i beat there odds when i went to have 16 eggs!! So i had the transfer, and then the devastating news came 24 hours later!! I had a call to say they had found the embryo the night before still in the catheter, it was damaged but i could have a frozen cycle and try to have it put back!! i cant even begin to tell you how upsseting that was, but as i said ill keep this short and I wont go into it!!

So planned the frozen cycle clinging onto this hope, got to london waited to see if it had survived, 2 hours later we were told it didnt!! once again crushed!!

The clinic treated us really badly and we did go to the solicitors and took it further, anyway,,, we thought through it and changed clinics to the LFC in london.

4th cycle - 6 eggs, 3 fertilised. Amazingly 2 came back ok! We couldnt belive it, against all our odds with everything and we had 2 out of 3!! we had them both transffered and im over the moon that yesterday i had my first BFP ever!!!!! im over the moon, so are all my family.

So when i look back and think how many times i could have given, im so gratefull i kept onto the thought that i was born to be a mother. Its been a serious hell of 3 years but to feel how i feell right now wpes all that away, There is still a long way to go, and im booked for a scan in 3 weeks.

So i would say it doesnt matter how many eggs you have or how many you have biopsied its all down to the luck on the day!

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your journeys. keep smiling belive in hope and faith and you will get through it.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, September 9th 2011, 6:28pm

That's fantastic news, thank you for sharing xxx

Reg: Dec 25th 2009

Children: One Angel son 15.5.11 and a Rainbow baby son 13.10.12

Friday, September 9th 2011, 7:58pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story, and many congratulations to you!

We'll be embarking on another cycle in the not too distant future with frozen embryos and I really hope they survive, they're so precious aren't they?

I really hope things continue to progress smoothly for you, I do remember reading your story in earlier posts & it's brilliant you've got your bfp at last! Take good care of yourself & thanks again for sharing.
XX
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD
1 angel in heaven, 1 here

• "Welsh lady" started this thread

Reg: Jun 23rd 2009

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 11:13am

Thank you both, Hopefull 2010 I so hope all goes well for you, they say frozen embrios have such a high chance these days.

Best of luck and thanks again xxx

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 11:40am

Congratulations on your bfp!

I can't believe they messed up with your earlier cycle but I'm so glad to hear that it's worked this time. I hope you have a healthy happy pregnancy and maybe twins!!!
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 10:39pm

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

lief

Ace

Reg: Aug 11th 2011

Children: none but very hopeful

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:07am

Posts like yours keep us going, thank you soo much.
Wish and pray you will have a good pregnancy.
xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers

Will you keep us up to date?

O and congratulations!!!
:congrats:
me 35 dh 42
6 natural bfp all mcs
1 bfp thru ICSI June 2011 but mc
Sept 2011 FET with immuno meds BFN
Nov-Dec 2011 ICSI with Immuun tx BFP
Seen [zx076] [zx076] at 6.5, 8.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…1046&highlight=
:angel2:

Reg: May 30th 2010

Friday, September 30th 2011, 3:53pm

Wow just read this so amazing. Thanks for sharing and congratulations :-)