You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Miss Anderson" started this thread

Reg: Jan 18th 2010

Children: Still hoping and praying for our little miracle

What's Up?
I'm so so so blessed to finally have a gorgeous son. We love you so much baby boy

Friday, September 9th 2011, 3:40pm

Gestone Injections

Hi Ladies,

Just wondered if anyone has been doing or had Gestone injections. I have had 2 fresh ICSI cycles previously and 1 FET and am currently doing my 2nd FET (ET tomorrow). On all of my other cycles I have either had crinone or pessaries but this time around I am taking Oestradial, and Prednisolone and the dreaded Gestone Injections. I had my meds this morning and OMG the needles are HUGE! Someone tell me there not that bad..........please?? My bum feels numb already.

p.s. I also "you tubed" and watched someone doing it. I'm still nervous though and definitely won't be doing it myself. DB does all mine because Im a massive wimp, as you can see! :chortle: .
Pam

2010 - 2012
2 x Full ICSI cycles :BFN:
4 x FET :BFN:

No treatment. Got married to my amazing, loving man [zx072]

Full ICSI cycle and lucky number 7 :BFP: one poor little one stopped at 8 weeks.
Lewis, born 15.11.14 happy and healthy and weighing 5lb 11.5 oz. Gorgeous boy, we love you so much lurve lurve

Pam's (Miss Anderson) ICSI Diary.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, September 9th 2011, 6:12pm

Lots of my friends in Italy have had them and they're ok, you'll get used to it. Just warm the gestone in your hands a bit beforehand and then rub the injection site after the injection. Good luck xfingers

What's Up?
I'm so so so blessed to finally have a gorgeous son. We love you so much baby boy

Friday, September 9th 2011, 6:39pm

Thanks Maria, I'll let you know how it goes! :huh: x
Pam

2010 - 2012

Full ICSI cycle and lucky number 7 :BFP: one poor little one stopped at 8 weeks.
Lewis, born 15.11.14 happy and healthy and weighing 5lb 11.5 oz. Gorgeous boy, we love you so much lurve lurve

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 1:55pm

Just thought I would update this thread.

Don't want to tempt fate but the Gestone injections are going well! I have a little routine going with DB. I lie on the bed with the top part of my butt showing (lovely sight - not!!) and then I squirm for about 5 mins then tell DB just to do it quick :snigger: . It's never as bad as my build up. I feel a sharp scratch as it goes in but I try and focus on breathing and keeping the muscle soft and not tensed.

Bum goes a little bit numb but not much, and aches sometime. No lumpyness yet as I massage the area afterwards. I keep the Gestone in a draw too at room temprature so its always runny and I don't find I need to warm it.

:thumbsup:

You watch - now I've said that, tonight will be a nightmare, lol.
Pam

2010 - 2012

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 6:19pm

Excellent!