You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LorB

• "LorB" started this thread

Reg: Aug 15th 2011

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 3:06pm

Clomid confusion!

Hi all,

Is it possible to be ovulating around day 19/20 of a 29/30 day cycle while taking Clomid?

I've been on Clomid for 4 months (2 months of 50mg, 2 months of 100mg), without being monitored very closely by my doctor. I had always thought that ovulation occured around day 14/15 of my 28-30 day cycle, but the last couple of months I had some of the symptoms that ovulation may have taken place slightly later. Could ovulation occur that late in my cycle? I would have thought that if ovulation happened then, my cycle would be longer?

Sorry if this is a silly question!

Lor x

?(

Friday, January 13th 2012, 11:31am

I am confused about same too! I had cycle 21-24 days before clomid, my ovulation seems to be on 14-15 CD after clomid and gonal...(which is late for cycle of 21-24)

Please let me know how are you doing!

babydust
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Friday, January 13th 2012, 8:48pm

Welcome to FZ! I had a short cycle before clomid, one of the side effects is that if you have a short cycle it may lengthen it, which is a good thing if you have a short luteal phase (the time between ovulation and your period). Are you being monitored to check for ovulation? Hopefully your period won't arrive until day 28/29 - if you have concerns can you call your consultant? Good luck xx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 10:05am

HI girls,
as runningmum says Clomid can make your cycles longer. Sometimes they give it to make the cycle longer!
If you want to be sure about your ovulation time you need monitoring. If your clinic doesn't offer that (and they should) then you can check using ovulation sticks that you can buy from any chemist.

Good luck babydust

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 1:10pm

Hi Runningmum and Maria72! Thank you for your replies, all sounds good then)))
I had blood tests and ultrasound about 5 times during this cycle. Ovulation kits never worked for me ... My Dr seems like he knows what he is doing, he has good reputation but It looks like i don't have luck this month..boobs going down and not so sore as they were after ovitrelle shot, no pregnancy feelings at all...10 days to test xfingers xfingers
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 9 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE