You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

k8rocks!

• "k8rocks!" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2011

Friday, August 12th 2011, 2:16pm

Hi - I'm new to this site and very frustrated!

My husband and I are both 32. We started trying for a baby 2 years ago. Last October by husband's sperm sample result returned a ZERO sperm count. He did another one and that to was ZERO. It is now August. My husband has had several examinations and scans. 2 weeks ago we finally got to see a consultant urologist. He said my husband had several blockages on one testee and absent tubing on the other (though he wasn't sure if it just failed to show in the scan). My husband now has to have a pelvis and kidney scan followed by a biopsy of both tetees to see if he's making any sperm. This could take months because the department is 'busy'. There is obviously no point trying to repair the blockages if he isn't making any sperm. Is it common to have such severe blockages and still produce sperm? We just want to know if he can father children, but it's taking forever to find out! Why didn't they do the biopsy first? Blockages are irrelevant if no sperm is being produced! When my husband was 20 he had to go to A&E becasue he had a crippling burning sensation in both testees. The doctor diagnosed the problem as 'tortion' and the sensation disappeared. We now think this a.) might have casued the blockages or b. ) the tortion was an incorrect diagnosis. My husband is deeply distressed. I can't believe how little we know after a year! We can't afford to go private and speed it all up. Apologies for the waffle!

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, August 12th 2011, 2:22pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is a male factor section HERE there is loads of information here, plus there are others there that know what you're going through.

There is a Male Factor FAQ section HERE which give loads of information about male fertility, tests and helpful tips too.

There is a thread, Life in the lab – for all your sperm questions HERE where you can ask for advice.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Friday, August 12th 2011, 2:38pm

Hi k8 :)

Welcome to FZ.

Eeyore has listed a good selection of links, but if there is anything not covered there, please don't hesitate to send a message to any of us on the mod team.

Regards,

Mr C
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Friday, August 12th 2011, 3:42pm

Hi and welcome

If I can help with the forum in any way, drop me a PM or post in the ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE

Also, there is a how to search thread HERE which will really help you get the maximum benefit from the forum

Fingers crossed all your dreams come true soon.

x

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Friday, August 12th 2011, 8:05pm

Welcome to FZ :hugs: x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE