You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "PrincessRebekah" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 11:06am

Follicle asspiration...

This was discussed this morning as I'm having IUI.

Simple question really, does it hurt? How do they do it? Has anyone had it done when having IUI and how did you find it?

Although they havent said I 100% need this yet, im preparing myself.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Reg: May 30th 2010

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 6:18pm

Hi PrincessRebekah,

I only ever had IVF so not much idea about IUI but had a quick read on Google. Will they aspirate your extra follicles if you have to many to avoid the possibility of a multiple regnancy? If so I assume it has to be the same as egg retrieval for IVF: they will sedate you and do it while sleeping. So you won't feel much but might be sore afterwards and might bleed a bit. I also talked a lot of rubbish but that was because of the sedation :-) I kept telling the nurse how lovely she is and whether she has a boyfriend and children (rude I know but apparently i was very interested)

Good luck for your IUI!
x rianon