You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Shelly Frost" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2011

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:18pm

Confused on clomid???? Emotional roller coaster!!!! Can anyone help?

HI there ladies, I have found this sight very useful and all the people on here are so helpfull and its amazing to read all the sucess stories to women trying to concieve on clomid.
god! I didnt think loosing 7 stone would prevent me from having one of the most important things in our lives, cutting a long story short, due to the weight loss my periods have completely stopped and i havent ovulated for two and a half years now, through this time i have been TTC, i have been messed about by the docs, people telling me one thing then another, had lots of bloods and water samples, hormone tests etc and still the docs have no idea why they have stopped but put me on clomid, presuming its due to the weight loss.

I started on 50mg on days 2-6, this cycle didnt work....very dissapointed but hey you got to keep going, so positive thoughts for next cycle which i am now waiting to hear from the gyno to see if i ovulated, i have been on 100mg this cycle days 2-6.
but...... i am a little disheartened because i went for my second scan on wednesday and explained to the nurse i had been having pain in my low in my pelvic area, when i go to the toilet it aches and never feels empty, i have sore boobs, and felt very bloated all of the time for the last week, today isnt so bad but can still feel it. the pain came on day 15 which i think is the time of the ovulation period? (if correct) and now i am on day 20. the nurse said i could have cysts but when she checked my ovaries she said i had fluid on my ovaries, but wasnt big enough to be cysts, she said they have grown from 10mm to 13mm but she was unsure whether this was due to the fluid or the clomid actually working. i came out very confused and upset becuase i thought this time i felt different as apose to 50mg where i didnt have any feeling at all. :bawl:
i dont really know what to think because i am now wondering has the fluid stopped my from ovulating or do you still ovualate eventhough there is fluid?????? does anyone know??
i have tried phoning my gyno on wednesday to see if this pain and effects are normal from clomid or from fluid being there, I was put on to answer machine telling me there is no one there till this monday!!! whats all that about!!!!!!!!!thats 5 days, its a long time to worry when a simple answer would ease peoples minds!

thanks for taking the time to read my story, and it is so helpful and supportive having people to chat to going through the same thing. i wish eveyone well on here and hope to keep reading the success stories. :thumbsup:

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:27pm

Hi
I am afraid i cant shed any light on the fluid but just wanted to wish you luck on clomid.

nyh x x

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 9:13pm

Bi Shelly frost and welcome to :FZ:
Your ovaries produce follicles which are fluid filled sacs on your ovaries. The fluid does not prevent you from ovulating. In a natural cycle you have one of this when using clomid you have more than one follicle which can give you pain If the follicles are bigger than 25 mm they are sometimes considered cysts. The pain could be because you have several fluid filled follicles that are growing because of clomid. The sore boobs can also be a sign that you ovulated.
Drink plenty of water to remain hydrated.

If you are in pain you should call a doctor as it could be anything.

To be honest your explanation of what the nurse has said is a bit confused so I think you would be better talking to your clinic and ask some more detailed explanation. Try to stay calm when they explain things at scans and ask them to repeat things to make sure.
Take care x

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Maria72" (Jul 28th 2011, 9:19pm)

• "Shelly Frost" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2011

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 9:22pm

Thanks for that it seems little more clear now, i was just concerned that it stopped the clomid from working, she did say they had got bigger but without the blood test that i had on wednesday the results are still unclear. i have got everything crossed that its worked, as my partner works away and he mangage to get home for what they say is the more fertile time if i did ovulate. its abit of a roller coaster of emotion becuase the symptoms that you feel is like being preggers, but you dont want to get hopes up too much, and maybe too early to be having pregnancy symptoms knowing it could just be the clomid. i am ringing them in the morning to find out, i cant wait much longer not knowing. lol thanks again new year hops and maria. good luck to you too.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 9:28pm

I know, the waiting is horrid! xfingers it worked!