You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Susie q

• "Susie q" started this thread

Reg: Mar 2nd 2011

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 1:21pm

Can anyone help ......

We traveled to Limassol in Souther Cyprus two weeks ago to meet with an organisation called Cyrpus-surrogacy and there clinic, it was all amazingly professional and they even said they could match us with an egg donor and a surrogate from the UK, I am just wondering if there is anyone here who has heard of them or heard how good the clinics are in Cyprus

thanks

S x :)

jnine

Reg: Apr 17th 2012

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 6:33pm

Surrogacy is possible in Greek Cyprus ( Southern Cyprus) but if the clinic arranges surrogacy directly, there is a lengthy process to meet Greek law requirements, including court approval and proof of inability to carry. I haven't heard of the organisation you mentioned but am surprised at what they're promising- commercial surrogacy /donation isn't legal in the UK, so I don't know how they would legally organise UK donors or surrogate mothers.
The best option I found in Cyprus is coordinating a surrogate from abroad through another clinic to fly to Greek Cyprus for the transfer. This way all contracts are legally signed in a country that permits legal surrogacy, the transfer is at a super clinic with a high success rate and you can use the clinic's donors ( if you need one) which saves a waiting list and expense.
It's also possible for the surrogate to give birth in Cyprus or in her home country. It's not as complicated as it may sound. More and more couples are proceeding with surrogacy abroad when they haven't been able to find a surrogate at home. Happy to pass on details if anyone wants them.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE