You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

• "Net" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, July 15th 2011, 5:41pm

Taking antibiotics whilst DR

Hi all

I started FET today injecting buserilin but also have a terrible ear infection for which my GP has prescribed amoxicillin. My GP seemed to think it would be OK but my clinic has shut for the weekend and I don't know whether taking the antibiotics will interfere with the buserelin. Has anyone gone through this before? I'm reluctant to take the antibiotics without finding out but my ears are agony and I am deaf in both of them!

Thanks,
Netx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, July 15th 2011, 6:25pm

I think if your GP says you can take them, then do take them or call the emergency number for your clinic. It should say in the buserelin leaflet if there is any drugs that interfere with it, but I don't think they do as antibiotics kill living bacteria, buserelin puts you in artificial menopause, so they do different things.

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: none

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 4:33pm

blowkiss Hi net, i just stumbled accros your question as i was looking for Fet forums, my last ivf i got a very bad ear infection just before ec ohh it was hell deaf in one ear couldnt hear anything anyone was saying i was put on amoxacilin the day after ec and gp said it was fine and i also read up on it and all info said it was perfectly safe. hope this helps.

:xxx3:
Me33 Dh32 TTC6Y unexplained
ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Oct 14 adopted two gorgeous girls
Never looked backxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE