You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "missf1981" started this thread

Reg: Jul 3rd 2011

Monday, July 4th 2011, 12:16am

Taking Clomid & Partner Has Low Sperm Count - Need Some Advice Please.

Hi everyone :) i would be realy greatful if someone can get back to me with simalar problems as me..ill tell you about my fetility problem...

i had a etopic pregnancy on my first pregnancy age 24 in may 2006. i had my right tube removed...the doctor told me after my operation there shouldnt be any problems with me getting caught pregnant again as my left tube was fine and there was no other problems...i left it a good 8 months before i started trying for a baby again so say from jan 2007 ive been trying for a baby with no sucsess

i went to my doctors june last year and let them know i cant get pregnant they have run some tests with me ive had blood test taken for ovulation and they came back fine im ovulating every month, my boyfriend had a semen test and thats came back that he has a low sperm count ( how bad is my luck??) this is my same partener that i had the etopic pregnancy with..last week i had a dye test done to check my fallopian tube and womb my tests came back fine my tube is in perect contition...my gynie was only waiting on this test to see what she is going to do next..well she is putting me on clomid she said even though my ovulation is ok she said shes putting me on it as my partener has a low sprem count...im stressed up to the eye balls ive been reading up about clomid but i need to speak to someone that has one fallopian tube and there partener has a low sperm count and have they had any luck in getting pregnant while taking clomid in the same position as me..also how does this clomid work? please any advice will be realy helpfull thankyou xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, July 4th 2011, 9:28pm

HI missf1981 and welcome to :FZ:

Clomid helps you by increasing the number of eggs you make every month, so there is more chance of your partner's sperm to fertilise an egg simply cos there is more eggs about on both ovaries, rather than just one egg from one ovary, like it happens in natural cycles! Also they check that you are ovulating and monitor you so that you have intercourse at the right time, again to increase chances. Clomid, like all fertility drugs has side effects but as you are monitored it should be ok. This is normally the first step for fertility treatments, followed by IUI and then IVF/ICSI.

Info:
INFO: CLOMID - MONITORING/TRACKING
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO CLOMID

Check the clomid chatter to find out about success stories:
** CLOMID CHICKS **

• "missf1981" started this thread

Reg: Jul 3rd 2011

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 6:59pm

thankyou for getting back to me i didnt know how 2 see if anyone had replied to my posts, my gynae have spoke about ivf to me and has refered me to the clinic i just have to wait back but in the mean time she wants me to go on clomid i just prey that these will work for me..have you heard of anyone getting pregnant with one tube and bf with a low count while taking clomid i need to hear some happy things that has come out of it to give me that bit more willpower.. xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 7:13pm

You must try not to compare your fertility issues with others as they are always different. You will not hear someone with exactly the same problem as you. Clomid will increase your personal chances, that is why they have prescribe it. There are success stories all over, just read around.