You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

elpi

• "elpi" started this thread

Reg: Nov 15th 2009

Friday, July 1st 2011, 10:29pm

injection bruising

on second ivf/icsi. last time i had no bruising at all! did my second buserilin injection this morning and quite a bit of blood came out. now have massive bruise up to my naval. just been reading through previous posts to set mind at rest and read that you shouldn't inject within 2 inches of naval. i've never been told that, is that true? i was just told it had to be below naval line. thought i was been so much calmer this time around but here i am - jittery!

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Friday, July 1st 2011, 11:23pm

Hi elpi, I was told not to inject too close to the naval and to do alternate sides each time. I wouldn't worry about it too much thou, just keep the needle further away next time. I'm sure they wouldn't let us do all these injections at home if there was any risk of us doin it wrong.

Hope this helps xx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Scooby2

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 1:16am

Hi Elpi,

I was told a really useful tip by a nurse more so with my clexane jabs - not to rub after injecting as it causes bruising. When I was doing my stimms jabs it was generally ok and like advised, alternate sides each day was a good tip. The needles are quite fine so reasonably easy to do but try not to run afterwards. You should avoid the naval area and go for the fleshy bit down a bit either side.

I'm sure it's all fine and the bruises do fade.

Lots of luck.

Scobby2 xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 6:20am

Hi elpi and welcome to :FZ:

The girls have already given you some good advice. The best thing is to alternate sides, get a fold of skin and gently inset the needle and a 45 degree angle. Bruising happens with jabs, it's perfectly normal. We are not nurses after all!
Good luck!
:xxx:

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 9:31am

Yes, stay away from the belly button! I had sooooo many bruises - and blood on several occasions too. I used to ice the area fow a few minutes beforehand also, that seemed to help with the sting. Just think - it'll be worth it in the long run.

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 7:08pm

I used to numb area with ice. It helps with bruising. I was also told to inject upper tight
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 8:09pm

Hi hun, i also took med's out of fridge 10 mins before we injected it, it doesnt sting as much afterwards.
Dont worry about the bruises, i have loads even though the injections dont hurt when we do them, its a pain having a stomach looking like a bad apple :snigger: but it's worth it.
Hope they get better for you
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

elpi

• "elpi" started this thread

Reg: Nov 15th 2009

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 8:40pm

thank you so so much ladies for taking the time to calm me down! was never told about not injecting too near naval and had no problems with bruising last time round. one of those things am sure. but am taking on board your advice..all the best...xxxxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, July 4th 2011, 9:29pm

Hope you'll get on better x