You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "abigail_elizabeth" started this thread

Reg: Jun 28th 2011

Children: No Children

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 8:53am

Can any help? (getting referred for treatment sooner, based on age)

Thank you for opening this thread,

Firstly, I am new so havent had the luck of getting to know you all better yet, I understand we are lucky to have found our infertility issue this early, I also realise we are lucky to even have funding.

However, I am finding my consultant is taking her time with me, as the guidelines state 23yrs as they have little experiance in someone 4 months off that age, me n hubby had to try and wait like everyone else, but wont get referred now until my birthday, its like waiting for all our tests to be out of date, makes no sense :( b y the time we get reffered, and on the bourn hall waiting list, then re-do tests, it will be Dec... right ontop of christmas which is sitting awkward for me. With all the holidays and the dread of getting nowhere with ICSI, right ontop of xmas..

If i was 4 months older, I would be reffered like all the other ladies 28th july. To start Aug/Sept.

Does anyone know anything i can do? We will get funding, as we meet all criteria, expect my age, with no real reason for it, no health implications or anytIhing, simply that its rare. My Gp says waiting wont make any difference as our issue is hubby. Surely its more cost effective to let us start early, then to re do tests and things?

:( thank you so much

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 6:19pm

Hi abigail,
unfortunately these are the East Anglia PCT rules for IVF referral. What I would do is to get your GP to do the hormone tests 1 week before your birthday and then they can write a letter to the clinic of your choice on the day of your birthday. Unfortunately IVF is a big waiting game. If you see the consultant in December it won't necessarily mean you will be able to start then, as there is the waiting list for the consultant and then for the actual treatment. IVF/ICSI are very demanding and you'll have to plan around them. Even Christmas.

Check these in the meantime:
NHS East of England - 6 Free attempts!
East of England NHS Trust - change of contract!
FERTILITY FUNDING IN ENGLAND

east of England info: East of England SCG (external link to FZ)

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 8:57pm

Thank you.

Sorry for the last bit of your post, I think my rant was misread, planning around the treatment is not a problem, I just ment how rubbish it would be if the ICSI failed right ontop of xmas. Also, with all the holidays, I wouldnt be surprised if they left it until Jan, seeing as you have to visit the clinic so much, such as xmas day, xmas eve, new years..

Thanks though xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 6:07am

I know what you mean. But you have to think positive. Think how nice it could be if you were pregnant for Christmas! :happy:
A lot of clinics clove over Christmas, so it'll be either before or after.

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 9:17am

I thought as much Maria, I pray it will be before christmas, and OMG yes, imagine what a present it would be!
Thank you so much for your time in replying and reading my posts.

Much love xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Tuesday, August 9th 2011, 2:17pm

Abigal

Good luck with TTC. I am sure that the wait is very frustrating but it isn't that long until December and a BFP would be a fab Christmas present for you and your DH.

In addition reflexology or acupuncture is more affordable than ivf, and has no side effects. It can be also used alongside conventional treatments-IVF.

Actually, just to correct Milla, reflexology should not be used with IVF as it can alter hormone levels which the clinic needs to control. Any experienced reflexologist would know this so I would steer clear of the practitioner being inappropriately advertised here.