You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gurdeep

• "gurdeep" started this thread

Reg: Jun 1st 2011

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 4:51am

regarding pregnancy

if a person is on ovulation inducing drug nd doesnt ovulate then does menses come at normal time or not

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 8:01am

Hi gurdeep and welcome to :FZ:

I have moved your post in the right section for you. I am sure someone will come along with some more info. In the mean time, why not check these:

INFO: CLOMID - MONITORING/TRACKING
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO CLOMID

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 8:13am

Hi,

It is still possible to have a menstrual period even when ovulation has not occured, often it is a heavier than the usual bleed as the nature of the lining is different and there will have been a longer time for this to build up if periods are irregular. However without regular ovulation it is unlikely there will be a regular cycle and regular periods. A regular or approximately regular cycle, even if longer than the standard 28 days, is always reassuring, it is suggestive of ovulation, and is therefore thr aim of ovulation induction. This ovulation however might still not be good enough to achieve a pregnancy and a good, stable implantation i.e.the woman could have too short a luteal phase or too low a progesterone, and this needs to be checked out.

So if a good regular (somewhere between 25-35 day) cycle with a luteal phase of more than 11 days, and a progesterone greater than 30 nmol/L is not being achieved by the second cycle of ovulation induction (whether or not there has been an occasional period), then this needs to be investigated, the drug dose increased or a switch to another ovulation induction profile considered.

I hope that answers your question?

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Paul Entwistle" (Jun 4th 2011, 8:14am)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE