You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Beave

• "Beave" started this thread

Reg: Jul 27th 2006

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 7:58am

Clomid and twins

For the purposes of TRT clomid is used in men. I'm off the TRT but might start the clomid to prevent my estrogen levels from going up. This is not uncommon for men in my postion. I've heard however that when women are on clomid that twins are a bigger possibility. Is this true? If so, how much higher of a chance? And is it the same thing for men on clomid?

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 8:04am

hi beave the reason twins are more likely on clomid is that is stimulates egg production so can cause multiple eggs to release, causing a higher rate of non-identical twins. I wouldn't worry that this would happen in your case

veggie
x
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

Beave

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 10:08am

If someone WANTED twins could that person ask to be placed on clomid? Or is this a no no? What kind of unwanted side-effects in women does it have?

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 10:54am

As per rulings in the UK (I notice you are in Japan)

No, it's not something you can just ask your Dr for

It's prescribed for women who havn't been able to conceive for X amount of time. It is used mainly for women who do not ovulate... it is an anti-estogen which fools the body into thinking that it hasn't produced any follicles (even though you may not be anyway) and as such forces production hence why sometimes it can produce more than the 1 normal follicle.

A multiple pregnancy is something that needs a lot of supervision, and can lead to a higher risk of problems, it isn't something that a couple should be trying to achieve specifically.

Clomid itself can have many side-effects (as do many fertility drugs). Some can be :
bloating, sickness, blurry vision, headaches and anxiety/depressed feelings
These effects are temporary, but even so are not very pleasent

Beave

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 3:42pm

OK...I don't think the laws would be any different here. My wife is going to be 37 and this will be our first child we are trying to have. It may seem stupid, but I thought having twins might get us 2 children for the effort of one (Effort on my part that is). It was just a silly thought I had.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE