You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Shelly Frost" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2011

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 11:03pm

END OF FIRST CLOMID CYCLE .... No Ovulation :-( help!!!

Hi ladies, I have placed a post on my first visit to this sight and found it very useful and lovely to hear all the success stories about clomid. I am on it due to loosing 7 stone and my body going into dormant!!! Madness!!! I have been on my first cycle taking clomid on day 2 to 6, and had scans etc.. Today I found out I have not ovulated this time, could anyone help if this has ever happened to them??? I am very disappointed but now he has upped my dosage to 100mg a day on cycle 2 I feel a little more positive ! Thanks loads

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 7:42pm

Hi Shelly

I'm so sorry that you haven't had any replies to your thread before now :(

Firstly, wow, well done on losing 7 stone, That's amazing.

I've been on the site for many years now and have seen lots of ladies who haven't ovulated on their first dose of clomid but have gone on to ovulate on a higher dose. I know it's hugely disappointing when it doesn't work for you first time but it does help to see the first few rounds as a 'trial' to check that the dose is right for you. It's very important that you also don't take too high a dose so it's great that you have been started off low and are being monitored with scans etc. Fingers crossed that this cycle the dose is right for you. Let us know how you get on.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 8:06am

Hi Shelly Frost and well done on the weight loss!

Not everyone responds immediately to clomid. They have increased your dose, and that is what they normally do if you don't respond to 50mg, which is the minimum dose.
Good luck with your journey babydust

Reg: Apr 7th 2009

Children: DD 11 and DS 6

Monday, June 6th 2011, 1:20pm

I responded on first cycle of clomid 50mg and got a bfp but mc'd. I then became resistant to clomid so I'm now on Tamoxifen and so far resitant to 20mg of that.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE