You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rockchick" started this thread

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Monday, May 9th 2011, 9:30am

Natural Progesterone Boosters?

We are shortly going to be ttc baby no.2 and will be trying naturally for a few months. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility after 3 yrs ttc and then had a successful ivf cycle. Looking back I am pretty sure that during the 3 years I conceived twice but failed to maintain the pregnancies and am wondering if this was due to low progesterone levels?
(Day 21 levels were a little on the low side when tested) Is there anything I can take that may help to boost my progesterone levels and maintain any possible pregnancy?

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

Reg: Apr 13th 2009

Children: 2 Ectopic Angels

Monday, May 9th 2011, 3:06pm

Yams are very high in natural progesterone, good luck with TTC xxxxxxxxxx

Me 36 DF 34
2 ectopic pregnancy, tubes removed. :tears:
ICSI 2009 BFN, :tears:
FET 2010 BFN, :tears:
ICSI May 2011 heavy bleeding before OTD :tears:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, May 9th 2011, 3:11pm

Hey chick!

How low were your CD21 levels? Anything over 30 confirms oulation and can sustain a pregnancy.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Monday, May 9th 2011, 5:59pm

Hi Rock Chick

I'm also TTC no 2 and also suspect low progesterone, I've been taking yam supplements for a month, can't say I've noticed any difference in my cycle. I'm seeing my consultant next month and am asking for my day 21's to be re taken, I'm also going to ask about natural progesterone boosting and what is worth trying...I'll let you know how I get on

RM

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Monday, May 9th 2011, 8:25pm

Thanks for the replies everyone! :)
Flic, Hi Hun!! had to have a peek in my diary to check levels, my first CD 21 bloods were 29 then they went up to 67 after a month on clomid so not as low as I thought ?( When I was pg I thought back on our ttc journey and I had had a couple of months where af was later than normal and I had been having the same symptoms I got when I was pg. At the time I wondered if it had actually happened for us but I never tested as was so scared of getting another BFN and then af arrived anyway :wacko: This made me think that maybe I had been pg twice and had very early miscarriages. I wondered if the reason for this was due to progesterone levels as I took the suppositories after ivf and maintained the pg.
RM - Thanks for dropping in and :goodluck: with your ttc!! Hope your appointment goes well and look forward to hearing what your consultant says. Will keep everything xfingers for you.

macD

Ace

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: Wonderful 7 year old boy

Friday, June 17th 2011, 8:57am

Hi Rockchick,

Thanks for posting this, I've been thinking along similar lines myself. I've not been on FZ much these days as trying to accept that things may never work out again, but it's so hard to give up all hope! Hopefully someone will be along soon with some answers. I've heard about yams before but don't really know anything about them.

Good luck to everyone. Take care, love, macD xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 6:36pm

Just following up on this thread, I've had no change in my cycle trying natural progesterone boosters, but I am about to start my first cycle using cyclogest pessaries from day 21 - day 28, I'll let you know how I get on!

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Friday, July 1st 2011, 3:56pm

:goodluck: RM! Hope the pessaries work for you hun xfingers Our ttc is temporarily on hold at the moment as I have found out I have Gallstones. I'm waiting to see a consultant about whether I need to have my gall bladder removed so thought it best not to ttc until I find out whats happening.