You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LGC

Ace

• "LGC" started this thread

Reg: Feb 20th 2011

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 5:52pm

does no side effects mean drugs not working?

I'm on my first IVF cycle - long protocol bursellain and gonal f injections. on day 5 of stimm had blood test and clinic called to say to increase my gonal from 150 to 225. I am now on day 7 and have my day 9 scan on tuesday. I am worried because i have had no side effects at all, i know that may sound a bit crazy, but i am just thinking that maybe it means the drugs are not working.
1st cycle march/april 2011 - long protocol - abandonded after EC as only 2 immature eggs retrived - further tests showed I had a low egg reserve ?(
2nd cycle october 2011 =- short protocol - :BFP: - misscarraige at 10 weeks at christmas :bawl:
3rd cycle April 2012 - short protocol - :BFN: :sadface:
4th Cycle August 2012 :BFN: :tear:

New Journey to adoption hopefully to start soon

My Diary[/url]

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 6:11pm

Hi LGC

Try not to worry hon, i had absolutely no side effects during down regulation and none during stimulation phase either, (only slight bloating towards EC as my follies grew).
:goodluck: with the treatment, wishing you all the best!!!

xxx

LGC

Ace

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 6:18pm

Thanks, that really makes me feel better, just lucky then i suppose to not get any side effects, congratulations to you. i am looking forward to tuesday scan when I'll know more. Its not easy all this is it?
1st cycle march/april 2011 - long protocol - abandonded after EC as only 2 immature eggs retrived - further tests showed I had a low egg reserve ?(
2nd cycle october 2011 =- short protocol - :BFP: - misscarraige at 10 weeks at christmas :bawl:

My Diary[/url]

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 6:25pm

Hi LGC,

I had lots of side effects, and I did respond fairly well, but I think the side effects were more an indication of my body being very sensitive, and not handling drugs too well. I'd take it as a good sign that you handle the drugs well.

Good luck!

Lalla and and her precious hubby's road to baby land!
38 and TTC naturally for 2 1/2 years.
SA - from poor to very good
Lap & dye 01.06.10 - some endo found and removed

Acupuncture
1st IUI - February!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 7:04pm

The side effects of stimming are felt more towards the end, don't worry!
:xxx:

Reg: May 30th 2010

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 7:21pm

Hiya,

I had no side effects at all, they increased my dose during treatment and now I have a beautiful daughter :-)

Good luck!

xxx Rianon

LGC

Ace

Monday, April 18th 2011, 8:06pm

That is so reassuring, thankyou for taking the trouble to reply to me.

My Diary[/url]