You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 29th 2011

Children: desperately trying

Friday, July 29th 2011, 11:00pm

hi im a new member can i join the discussion

hi im a new member on this site. I have been doing some research into immunology and recon this could be the cause of my problems ?( . Iys great to see ladies out there with similar problems as myself as it can be so lonely

Maria72

• "Maria72" started this thread
  • Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 8:42am

Hi crystal rays and welcome to :FZ:
Hopefully you will find all the info you need. if you suspect immune issues the best thing to do is to get tested ASAP so that you know for sure what to do.
All the best & don't feel lonely, we are all in the same boat here
:xxx:

Reg: Jul 29th 2011

Children: desperately trying

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 11:17pm

thanks

Hi Maria72, Thanks for the message. I intend to get tested asap I am going to see my gp next week and try and get level 1 testing onthe NHS. I'm just trying to figure out which dr to go for dr gorgy or dr nudukwe. ? can any one help. I know dr N is moving from nottingham to london as of end of august and is starting to see patients who dont want ivf after immune testing. can any1 help with their experiences.
Ive been trying for a baby since 2007 and have had various problems with thyroidc ectopic, choricarcinoma (cancerous preg) relapse of chorio and this month a chemical preg/m/c :faint: . When will it ever end,very very exhausting. ;(Its all baffeling with the IVIG etc ive read that people can catch infections etc with the transfsions.
is any1 ttc naturally after the results of immune testing???

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 6:43am

I think Dr N is going to the Zita West clinic as they will be doing fertility tx now as well as acupuncture and holistic tx.
I went to the ARGC, but then if you have immune testing with them you also have to cycle with them. Fluffy has more info on Dr G, hopefully she'll come along son. I think they are all good.
The IVIG are safe to take, it's just that it is made from human blood, with all the risk associated with that. Intralipids on the other hand are made from soy.
Just wait to get tests and to have a protocol first. Don't worry.
Take care.

Amy

Ace

Reg: Jun 21st 2010

Friday, August 12th 2011, 8:55pm

Arrgghhh got my immune blood test results this week & I'm so confused about everything, the drugs I'll be taking are aspirin, clexane, steroids, metformin, Intralipids, HRT, high dose folic acid, B12 & B6 quite apprehensive about all these drugs if anyone has any experiences of taking these drugs & what I should expect please reply. Hope everyone is ok, sending love & hugs xxxx
AMY:dog:

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

Amy

Ace

Friday, August 12th 2011, 9:16pm

Also forgot to ask if any of you have any info on the PAI-1 mutation I'm hetrozygous, is the metformin for this? & the MTHFR which I'm also hetrozygous, any info would be greatly appreciated.

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amy" (Aug 12th 2011, 9:17pm)

Rii

Star

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 10:36am

Crystal Rays: I am a patient of Dr. G and he is great! At first it is all confusing and he may seem cold but he is just really shy. He does do immune treatment with lots of patients that don't need IVF and that try naturally with success. I met lots of ladies at his clinic who thought they need IVF but after meeting him he just put them on immune drugs and had success with trying naturally. I also had IVIG 4 times already and so far thank God no infections, the risk is very very very low. It is like a blood transfusion but of course it is screened veryyyy well. So don't worry about that. My body responded better to IVIG compared to Intralipids. I also had intralipids which is like Maria said made out of soy. I know it all seems soooo much right now, but take it day by day and i promise it will get easier. We are all here to help. :hugs:

Amy:
Arrgghhh got my immune blood test results this week & I'm so confused about everything, the drugs I'll be taking are aspirin, clexane, steroids, metformin, Intralipids, HRT, high dose folic acid, B12 & B6 quite apprehensive about all these drugs if anyone has any experiences of taking these drugs & what I should expect please reply.

I was also on asprin, clexane, steroids, intralipids, HRT, folic acid 5mg, B6 and B12. Dont worry about folic acid, b6 and B12 they are vitamins so no side effects and i am on those for the MTHFR homozygous which is worse than hetrozygous basically meaning i have more risk for blood clotting so for prevention they put us on these vitamins!

I know the metformin is for PAI-1 mutation, i am not too sure about it but i think something to do with controlling your insulin and sugar. I know some ladies who have used it on FZ.

The asprin and clexane i am still taking till 31 weeks pregnancy, that is for immune protocol because i am at high risk for blood clotting. It depends on your clinic and dr. Some clinics stop everything at 12 weeks.

I started weaning off steroids at 12 weeks. Only side effects is little bit chubby face and for me little tiny bit of increase facial hair! lol! Some people don't get any side effects.

Intralipids is also safe because it is a mix of soy. They just keep an eye on you to make ur not allergic to the soy. It is just a high fat solution! I think about 2000 calories a drip!

I know it seems like a lot but it is worth it in the end. I was blessed with a BFP after my second immune protocol and i was a very complicated immune case. Good luck hun, and if you have any more questions just ask or PM me.

xoxoxo
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

Amy

Ace

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 9:30pm

Thankyou so much Rii for your reply I've had a look back through my Dr Beer book & understand it alot more now I think! Just quite worried about taking all them drugs & I work as a vet nurse so I know quite alot about the drugs & don't think that is a good thing when I've got to take them myself!! The metformin is the one I'm not looking forward to taking as my Dr said it has quite a few side effects & alot of people can't tolerate the high dose so they have to just get you on the highest you can tolerate. Yeah from what my Dr said think I might be on folic acid, B12 & B6 permantly. Thanks again for your reply, take care xx

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 10:12am

Help I am confused don't know what to do?

Hi ladies,

Bit concerned going to start 16th with Fet. My level 1 bloods for fertility were ok apart from iGm reading was high.
Well outside the range. My consultant said nothing to worry about as this is to do with body fighting infections which it does all day every day.
My thrombillia test was fine so I am not clotting. They were offering me clexane before this test if I wanted to help if an implNtation issue.
Now consultant is like well no tests show you need it but you can take it if you want?
I feel I should but not sure?
Two failed fresh cycles I am hoping Fet with our ice babies will stick, wondering if I should take aspirin now, taking pure vit e drops omg I am confused :/ xxx

Clexane or not ? I so want it to work this time xx I know we all want it sorry to point out the obvious xx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Amy

Ace

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 8:41pm

Hi Pheobe yeah its all confusing especially when they won't give you a definative answer, I would think the clexane would only benefit you if its poss problem with implantation, you should ask if there is any cons to you taking the clexane other than the obvious of having to do more injections & making yourself black & blue!! Have you had the level 2 tests? Don't worry & hopefully more of the girls will come on & reply with their thoughts about it, but I would also phone your clinic & speak to Dr or nurse & discuss it after all they are suppose to be the experts. Take care, hopefully you'll get answers soon xxxx

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 10:25pm

Thanks Amy, not had level 2 done yet... Praying it works with our ice babies,
If not then gonna have to set something up with Dr G not thinking that ahead as
Being positive xxx [zx127]
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Scooby2

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 12:09pm

Hi Ladies,

Getting back on the IVF horse again and looking for a bit of a refresher from you experienced immunology ladies.

I didn't formally get Level1 tests as I seemed to get them through the 3 NHS funded fresh IVF cycles that I had. I had Hysteroscopy, Bloods on clotting, chromosomes etc and I've had thyroid tests with GP. My hubby didn't get the chromosome tests that I did ( seems odd he didn't get them at the same time).

We had a clinic visit at ARGC and given our history (( 8 x BFN ( 4 fresh, 4 FET)) with steroids, clexane, hystersocopy, AH from third transfer when the consultant had us down as repeated implantation failure) and Dr D believed that my ectopic in 2004 could be the source of the problem ( over active immune system) and immune tests are next.

We were told Level2 and costs around £1200. Not sure what that includes but also keen to know if there are any Level1's I should be requesting before we get started?

Thanks so much again. I've been so encouraged by so many immune ladies being successful this year that we are determined to give it another go.

Hugs.
Scooby2 xxx

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 12:23pm

The level 2s at the argc conisist of a lot of different NK cells and the TH1:TH2 ratio, plus some other stuff I can't remember. At the ARGC they will cover everything you need.

Reg: Mar 16th 2011

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 12:39pm

hi girls

Back after a while out (just so busy with parents vsiting etc). Had my first round of Humira, and then was all ready to start tx when they said it didn't work, in fact my levels went up! Was SO gutted. Couldn't believe it. So another round of Humira and another £1000 later, I go for my next blood test next week to see if this round has worked, and I can start treatment. I really hope it has. I don't know what they will do if my levels are still high. Does anyone know? Do they just carry on making you take more and more Humira? Hope not! I just want to start now, it's been so long since our last cycle.

Maria, how are you getting on? You were waiting to start when I was last on, so I'm wondering if you have had your treatment, and how it's going / gone? Fingers crossed for you

j x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]
2 x ICSI :BFN:
1 x FET :BFN:
Nov 11 - 3rd ICSI (Immunology Cycle) :BFP: Please stay with us :pray:

Jewels' Journey - My Diary

Rii

Star

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 1:05pm

Hi jewel,

So sorry your cycle got postponed. That happened to me in my last cycle and i was so upset. After my second humira round my levels went up again, and when i looked at all my past retests, i found my lowest results was after IVIG and intralipids. My body always flared up with Humira, some people though after a second round of Humira get the results lowered. But when Dr. Gorgy wanted me to postpone again, i actually said no, and i prefer to go on IVIG and Intralipids and take the risk. I just had a feeling Humira would not work for me! Took the risk and got my miracle BFP. I have really high cytokines, so i still need IVIG till week 31.

It will depend on your clinic and your doctors. Have you had IVIG or intralipids treatment?

Hope this helps a little...

Wishing u lots of luck...xoxo
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 8:35pm

Hi jewel. I'm sorry about the humira not working. As Rii said they can give you other stuff whilenon tx, so fingers you'll be ready to go.
I haven't started yet.... :faint:

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 1:00pm

hey girls, Good News!

I went for my blood test today after Humira, and they've said that as I can't have more than 4 Humira injections, that I can start my cycle, even if the Humira didn't work. If the levels still aren't lowered, then they'll just give me IVIG as Rii predicted. So it's day 21 on Sun, so i'll start DR then. YAY, I'm so pleased that after 7 months, we are finally starting another cycle. Now the tension really starts ;)

Wish me luck please :) I'm so hopeful that this cycle with ARGC will be the one...

j x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 6:24pm

Good luck and babydust

Reg: Aug 9th 2009

Children: None, M/C Nov 08; M/C May 09; M/C June 10

Friday, October 14th 2011, 4:25pm

Fingers crossed Jewels.
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c
3/16Hashimotos''s and peri-menopausal

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 25th 2009

Children: 14- a small class of 6-7 year olds!

Friday, October 14th 2011, 10:51pm

about to start first immune cycle

Hello

Have just taken delivery of my first lot of immunie drugs and OMG! I feel quite scared now! So just looking for a bit of reassurance I guess.

Brief history: 5 cycles (3 fresh 2 frozen) 1 m/c and 1early loss. This is our last frozen embryo, as we had need ICSI , and have used up all DH swimmers!

We moved from Bourn Hall to Nottingham CARE and saw Dr George Ndweke, got a protocol and then he left.

I haven't done a cycle since August 2010 so feel a bit out of the habit!

So thought I'd pop in and say . Any hints or tips gratefully received!

Love Natsch xx
Natschxx :cat:

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 7:28pm

Hi Natsch,
Not really got any tips or tricks. I'm sure you will get back into the swing of things very quickly.
Just wanted to pop in and say Good Luck :x
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 8:30pm

Good luck Natsch xfingers

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 10:05pm

Thanks girls, I appreciate it!

Natsch xx

Amy

Ace

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 2:32pm

Hi Natsch, I took delivery on friday of all our immune drugs & like you I thought OMG!! I'm also feeling very apprehensive & its only 8mths since our last cycle but this is alot more daunting!! What meds are you going to be on? I should be starting stimms + most of immune meds sometime this coming week!! Don't worry to much there are so many helpful & supportive people on here if you've got any questions or concerns just ask their is always someone who can help. I will keep everything crossed for you. Take care xx

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 5:13pm

Hi Natsch

Like your did 5 cycles at Bourn before moving to Care Nottingham. My first cycle didn't but the second (and our last planned one) did! I am now 13 weeks tomorrow.

Just wanted to reassure you when we moved to Care we were so re-assured. Lots of issues were found - and fixed! Best decision we ever made! Good luck [zx127]
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 5:20pm

Actually, just one thought......... I've written all my drugs down so I don't forget what I'm taking and when I'm taking them....... roughly...... 'cause it does change from day to day. I find it quite useful 'cause I did start to worry I was going to forget some.
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 5:38pm

I normally make my own spreadsheet so I then tick the drugs as I take them. You can also set different alarms on your phone. Sad I know.... :rolleyes:

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 5:41pm

I think it's very sensible Maria. It does get very confusing, especially when they change from day to day.
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 6:14pm

Hi Girls,

I knew you'd come up trumps with the tips! I was planning to make a grid to make sure I take all the drugs on the right time. But I never thought about setting my alarm on my phone- Good Thinking Maria!

Devchick- great news about your pg! I feel the same about the change of clinic- it's great when someone says yes it's not bad luck it's something we can fix!

Amy- I'm doing a FET so I won't be stimming but I'm on clexane injections, progynova tablets(HRT), predisolone tables, menopur, aspirin, utrogestan pessaries and intriplids (sp? I can never spell it properly!)

Thanks for your best wishes. I'm sure I'll be back on here very soon. to you all too!

Natsch xx

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 7:50pm

Print a spreadsheet grids with dates and spaces for the name of the drugs and the time, plus an extra box to tick when you take the drug.

Monday, October 17th 2011, 1:15pm

Good luck Natsch! Sounds a bit daunting, but i have it all to look forward to in Nov too, so we're all in the same boat.

I've set alarms on my phone for my sniffing... my phone calendar will probably have no space for anything else soon!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

j x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]

United Kingdom

Monday, October 17th 2011, 8:56pm

Hi Jewels

Thanks !! Wishing you loads of luck too!

I'm glad I'm not sniffing! That turns me into a real so DH is pleased about that!

Will keep in touch

love Natsch xx

Amy

Ace

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 11:31pm

Hiya Natsch we are going to be on similar meds I started aspirin, dexomethasone & oestradiol valerate today & I start menopur tomorrow got my intralipids on friday which I'm really worried about don't know why!! I've been on metformin & the hrt for the last month & am also on high dose folic acid, B6 & B12. Then start clexane & utrogestan pessaries after ec. I'm going to have to do a spreadsheet or I'm going to get in a complete muddle especially when I have to increase doses!! I love it that everyone on here is so helpful & you can find answers to alot of questions & that everyone is so supportive it really keeps me sane! Sending you loads & loads of luck.

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amy" (Oct 18th 2011, 11:32pm)

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 1:28pm

There's something very reassuring about ticking a piece of paper!! :snigger: /that's what I did

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 6:55pm

Hi girls x

I'm looking for some advice, as I really don't no which way to turn. I have just had my second bfn with ivf, I have also had 3 bfn with iui. I have a low amh for my age but on both ivf,s had 2 good quality embryos transferred. My first ivf was a very difficult transfer and I'm not convinced the embryos survived the transfer. This resulted in me needed an operation to stretch my cervix before this ivf. After this transfer I was very unwell with very swollen glands and a very sore throat.

We want to try again but I am worried there is something else wrong which is preventing implantation. I really don't no where to start with this, so any advice would be great

Thank you x

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, October 21st 2011, 6:48am

Hi Liz,
if there was something wrong with the cervix then it's good that you have had it sorted out. Your swollen glands might have just been a sign of a small infection.

I would try one more IVF cycle first, before embarking into immunology. You have had only had 2 IVF cycles, no miscarriages and you are still young! Immunology tests and drugs are very expensive (we are talking 1000s of pounds) and these theory are not really proven to be true or to work. There are lots and lots of reasons why cycles end up with a negative. You need to have a serious chat with your consultant and ask questions.
Make sure you ask all your questions at your review appointment and see what your consultant suggest. Sometimes a change in protocol is enough, or maybe a change in clinic. Ask for your notes and see what they say and ask for a different opinion at another clinic. They could also do some basic tests, like the sticky blood syndrome test, which will give them a better idea on what to give you for lutheal support after the transfer.
Good luck x

Amy

Ace

Friday, October 21st 2011, 7:04pm

Hi Liz I had similar experienes as you we're young, I have a lowish amh & we have unexplained fertility 1st cycle got 10 eggs but only 1 fertilised had it transferred which was very unpleasent I think I was still very sore from ec. 2nd cycle we had icsi & got 2 embyos which were transferred & was a lot better experience but both cycles were BFN. So we've now gone private & decided to go down the immunology route as we didn't want another cycle the same & then not be able to afford a 4th or any tests so for us we wanted some investigations before embarking on our 3rd cycle as this will probably be our last cycle but like Maria said it is very expensive & not a gaurantee that it will get you a BFP & I can tell you a normal ivf cycle is hard but an immune cycle is even more traumatic mentally & physically but I'm just trying to think positive & keep my fingers crossed that we will get what we want at the end of it. I know how you feel we really didn't know what to do but for us we wanted some explaination for our infertility before spending money on another cycle. Good Luck with everything & if you've got anymore questions just ask

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amy" (Oct 21st 2011, 7:06pm)

United Kingdom

Friday, October 21st 2011, 9:48pm

Hi Amy- Did you have your intraplids today? How was it?

Hi Liz- Maria is right the immunie tests are expensive, but I wished that someone had told me about them sooner, as then I wouldn't have gone through 5 tx and wasted all that money and time! There's no guarentee that they drugs work, but it is reassuring in a way that there is a reason as to why you might be getting BFN- That's how I feel! May be worth finding out a bit more and may be reading Dr Beer's Book

Love Natsch xx

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, October 21st 2011, 10:12pm

5 tx is far too much. I think you need to wait at least 3 though as IVF sometimes just doesn't work cos of no reason, just like in natural pregnancies.
26-34 is still young, so if they do find issues you would still have the time to have a baby. I did leave it a bit too late as I am 39 now... :rolleyes:
Also these immune drugs have serious side effects, which must also be taken into account when deciding. Amazing Grace was found to have immune issues, but got pregnant and had a baby without the immune drugs. You need to balance pros and cons, including the money.

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Saturday, October 22nd 2011, 2:53pm

Thank you girls for getting back to me xxx I suppose I will have to wait until I have my review. My mum has already said she will help out with immune testing and next tx. Think she will do any thing to help at this stage. I have just turned 35 and with my low amh I'm worried I may run out of time x x x

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Maria72

• Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, October 22nd 2011, 6:28pm

My clinic doesn't even measure amh so don't get disheartened x

Amy

Ace

Saturday, October 22nd 2011, 8:48pm

Hiya Natsch yeah had my intralipids yesterday & it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be but I had the most lovely nurse who talked no stop which took my mind off it. Have you had yours yet? Have you started all your drugs yet? I'm feeling very tired & drained with this immune cycle but I'm just hoping it will all be worth it in the end. Hope everyone else is ok & enjoying the weekend xxxx

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 11:07am

Hi Amy

Glad your intralipids were okay I have mine booked for Thursday. How long did it take?

I have started on the drugs and do feel a bit daunted by it all, but I'm determinded to adopt a positive outlook on this cycle- so whenever a doubt pops into my head I'm blasting it out!

Hope everyine else is okay

Love Natsch xx

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 1:56pm

Hey Amy

Glad your intralipids went ok, that's encouraging. Also quite interested to know how long it took... I didn't get the results they wanted from the Humira, so I will probably end up having IVIG as well. Just another thing to add to the list!

I am feeling very down today. It's day 9 of sniffing and no sign of AF yet, which is strange as it usually takes me 7 days. But to be honest I'm trying to be realistic, and think that it's probably the drugs which are depressing me more than anything else. Hormones suck! Amazing how they can turn your mood without your permission...

I have booked off work from Mon for 4 weeks, so am hoping AF arrives in time and doesn't bugger up all my timing! But on the positive side, how divine to get 4 whole weeks off work! yeeha! Even if it's not exactly going to be restful ;)

Have a good week girls, and hope you're not feeling too pricked and prodded

j x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]

United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 2:47pm

Hi Jewels

sorry to hear that you are feeling down. These blinking drugs really do mess about with your moods- I know how you feel- yesterday I just wanted to sob- no reason just felt really weepy! These hormones are powerful things!!

4 weeks off, sounds like a good plan- I'm on half term this week and it helps when I'm feeling so pathetic!

When are you have having intralipids and your IVIG?

Take care

Love Natsch xx

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 10:06pm

Aww Liz don't stress..... Says the stress head champion 2011!

Liz I am nearly 35, have a fairly low amh under average anyway. I freaked when they told me that 2 cycles in, no one had told me before to everyone else I was 'fine'. Anyway I stressed about waiting for cycles but my consultant said it's only a guess and in any case we were defying the results but good quality eggs across two cycles. Similarly we have male factor fertility issues to everyone via nhs dh sperm is low and not great. Having paid 360 for sperm fragmentation privately it's actually 'not that bad! Not brilliant but classed as good-fair and only 2% off excellent whatever that means!

Anyway after two failed fresh cycles I felt it was an implantation issue, we did one last frozen cycle but our little embies didn't thaw.....my worst nightmare!

£2000 later I had loads of tests done at the Fertility and Gynae academy where Dr Gordy works - renowned in his field of immunology - google him!

2 weeks later back for the results which you can see on here. There are possible reasons for implantation issues my cykotines are high at 36 and Dr Gordy wants to see them below 25. My LAD results were low and although reflective of a woman who has never been pregnant before he said it could mean nothing or if I wanted to protect myself against risks of miscarriage I could do LIT, so at £1500 we are throwing ourselves at it. In short as we need ICSI I am thinking once Dr Gordy has finished with mentioning aqua scans just before tx (helps with implantation I think he said but ultimately it's just to check womb all ok) then I reckon it will cost in region of £6-7k so with no guarantees we have to be prepared.

Remember if immunology issues are found you were conceived once so it doesn't necessarily mean anything.....

Good luck xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 1:40pm

Hi Natsch

Still feeling low, and you? It's a real pity as I was so excited before starting to sniff, so it must be the drugs...

I don't know when I'll do IVIG, I guess they'll check my levels during treatment. I first need to get my AF, which seems to not be happening at the moment! 10 days into DR and no sign :(

Oh well. Hope you're doing well, and enjoying half term.

Liz, it's such a hard decision to make to have an immune cycle. With our monitoring cycle, and ICSI and the drugs I've already had to take, it's probably going to cost us in the region of 10-13k. And that's being optimistic. I suppsedly don't have fertility issues (other than the fact nothing's bloody implanting!) so I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be the full on immune cycle with all the associated costs, but I must be honest, I never hear of anyone doing an immune cycle where they don't end up having almost all the drugs, so it really is expensive. But equally, our last cycle cost us 7k anyway, without the immune drugs, and still didn't work, so we figured we might as well pay the extra and give it a shot, and then we'll really know. Of course we will be broke too! But if it works it's worth it.

Good luck making your decision anyway

Hope everyone else is well

j x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]

Amy

Ace

Wednesday, October 26th 2011, 9:08pm

Hi everyone hope your all ok. Natsch & Jewels the intralipids take just over 2hrs but the time really does fly by & the nurse I had was brilliant I really did worry myself silly about it & it was fine. Really sorry Jewels your feeling down but remember your not alone & we're all here to support each other I had a melt down last week on the phone to my mother in law I think it was a combination of all these drugs I'm taking & worrying about the intralipids but I'm determined to stay positive but at times it really is hard, I love the fact I can come on here & chat & know that everyone understands your feelings & what your going through. Has your AF arrived or is it being fashionably late!! I've got another scan tomorrow to see how follicles are growing & hopefully if everything ok EC could be sat or mon can't believe how quick it comes round. Take care, sending everyone big hugs & positive vibes xxxx

TTC 4yrs

Me 26yrs, Dh 29yrs

Unexplained fertility

2x Clomid cycles

1st IVF June 2010 BFN

2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Children: one IVF miracle, yippee!!!!!

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 9:40am

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well today and hope you don't mind me popping by?

This is my 3rd tx but the other 2 were fresh cycles SP, this one is a medicated frozen immune cycle and it is totally different with hopefully a totally diffderent outcome! I have been taking Metformin for just over a month and started to take aspirin, oestradial valerate and dexamethasone yesterday on Day1, I have got my intralipid drip booked in for monday and I am really nervous about it! After ET I have to start Clexane injections which are also new to me, so abit worried about them 2!

Amy ~ I know you said you had yours last friday hun, how did you feel straight after and the days after? ~ I am quite squeemish so really dreading it! ~ hope that your scan goes well hun and that you have got lots of lovely juicy eggies growing? We are also with Dr Patel at Care now....x

Thanks ladies, hope you all have a good day whatever stage you are at....xxx

Me:32 DH:34 TTC:3yrs
IVF 1 2 & 3 BFN :bawl:
4th FET with Immunes March 12 :BFP: :pray: please stay with us :angel2:
bab22 Joseph William ~ Born 13/12/12 ~ 7.13lb!

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 11:02am

Hi everyone

Yay, my AF did arrive! So feeling much happier today now. How are you girls all doing? Natsch, you feeling OK and less teary?

Amy I can’t believe you could be going in for EC so soon, how exciting! Hope those follicles are doing well and growing like mad.

Has anyone had a hysteroscopy? I will be getting my date for one today hopefully, and am a little nervous. Don’t like going under general anaesthetic, and twice in one cycle is a bit much. But I guess it’s just ticking another box to make sure everything’s spot on.

Enjoy your day everyone, and good luck for your intralipids ShelleBelle.

J x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE