You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Peppapots" started this thread

Reg: Jan 30th 2011

Monday, March 21st 2011, 5:12pm

Waiting and waiting for AF so can start clomid again after failed IVF

Hi,

I had a failed IVF treatment 4 weeks ago and bled on my test day, now I am waiting for my AF as the hosp said I could go back on Clomid for 6 months and have a break from IVF before trying again. Does anyone have stories about how long it took their AF to get back to normal. I think I have ovulated so I would expect it fairly soon. It was due yesterday but my nurse said it wouldnt come for ages??! Ive started using pre-seed and have a fertility monitor to start using soon as it comes back - its sooo frustrating!
1 more question - is there any chance at all of getting preg before AF comes back??

Any response appreciated :)

Sarah xx
TTC 4 years :hairout
Clomid 4 months
Failed IVF Feb 2011 Long PC
Clomid til Nov
2nd IVF March 2012 Short Protocol ET 12th March :pray:

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Monday, March 21st 2011, 5:16pm

Hi Sarah, after my first cycle my body tok some time to get back to normal. My first AF came before test day then the next took ages but the following one was early.

I guess we're all different xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Monday, March 21st 2011, 5:21pm

Thanks Curlytails. Yeah guess we all different but its horrible waiting when I just want to get back to normal. xx
Clomid 4 months
Clomid til Nov

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, March 21st 2011, 5:24pm

Hi there,

Waiting around is so annoying isn't it.

I actually cannot remember what happened after my first failed ICSI although I seem to remember that my cycles were longer as a result of it all. I think they went from 28 days for yeas to 30 - 35. I only waited 3 months to try again because we were paying privately so we had the choice. I probably would advise most people to wait 6 months inbetween (I know it's hard) to let things return to normal.

With regard to getting pregnant, I guess it's always possible. There are lots of miracle stories about ladies getting pregnant straight after a failed IVF/ICSI. Sadly it never happened to me but you could get lucky!

Good luck with it all.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Monday, March 21st 2011, 5:30pm

Thanks Hayley, I am definatley not doing IVF again for another 6 months at least, its too much emotionally and physically for myself, obviously other people are different. The only thing with having to wait is if I was miraculously preg straight after I wouldnt know unless I kept testing as AF could be ages. I wondered if you became more fertile after IVF as you would with a normal pregnancy? Im probably wishful thinking here lol :)
Clomid 4 months
Clomid til Nov

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE