You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mistykins" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:42pm

1 NHS icsi cycle just failed can I appeal to Trafford PCT for a 2nd one??

Hey guys I have just had my one and only NHS funded cycle that we waited over a year for and it resulted in a BFN last week.
The question is I had 1 private go before hand which again was BFN I fly for a living as crew so can't work while I have the treatment so money is very tight and now we have to pay everytime until it works is going to be a serious financial strain as it is £6000 a go for icsi.
Do you think or has anyone appealed to trafford PCT for a 2nd go?? And how do I go about doing that?? Any advise would be much appreciated thanks xx ?o(

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 8:11pm

Hi I am sorry about your BFN. :hugs:

If your PCT only funds 1 cycle for everyone then unfortunately there is nothing you can do. A cycle counts also if you have a bfn or a m/c. It also counts if the eggs don't fertilise or if they find no eggs at e/c. The only time when they let you have another go is if they cancel it before egg collection.

• "mistykins" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 9:31pm

Oh ok thanks Maria just thought it worth asking younever know. I know they were giving people 2-3 cycles as at marys weren't adhering to the 1 cycle so not sure if this still stands. I guess with all the cut backs lately it will xx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 9:46pm

You'll have to find out what the rules were when you started your first cycle. Normally PCTs have a website. As I said if they only fund 1 anyway, then it's not worth it.
They are also thinking of removing PCTs. I don't know what's going to happen then.
Good luck.

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Mysty - in our area i'm sure you are allowed three goes - i know that initially i was going to be allowed 3 goes but then they realised that DP had a vasectomy so they gave me none!!! - It may just depend on where on the boarder you are - i never really looked into as i knew that i would have to pay! It was just a junior doctor in the hospital that said Lancs gave three goes - look into it!

They may count your private go against you though!

Keeping everything crossed for you xx

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE