You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "devchick" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 4:47pm

Can any immunies advise on how different the immune cycle felt?

Hi

(sorry I had posted this in 2ww but realised it should be in immune section)

I was wondering if anyone else has found themselves in a similar situation.

I have previously had 3 fresh and 1 frozen transfer. I have always started and finished af before test date so have never (in 7 1/2 years!) done a hpt without already knowing is a definite bfn.

This cycle is COMPLETLY different. We have gone to Care Nottingham under the care of the wonderful George. The immune tests showed a multitude of issues. I've had intrallipids (3 already this cycle!) , steroids, Clexane, high dose folic acid, vit b (two of them), progynova. Additionally for the first time ever I have done short protocol which I am sure has made a big difference - no headaches, bloating, constipation etc etc.

During my 2ww I have felt great. I have had some twinges but not cramping like an af sign. My bb are killing me and of course no af. I had a really strange sensation on 6dpo almos like a mild electrical current in my uterus it lasted a couple of hours. There was no spotting but I would like to think that was implantation. The thing I am struggling with is how positive I feel but then I wonder if it is just all the extra meds :(

Test date tomorrow!

I am in a really positive frame of mind and to be honest am not looking forward to testing tomorrow as I really do think for the first time ever it migbt just have worked this time. Has anyone else had multiple failures before then a completely different cycle and still a bfn?

This time tomorrow I'll know one way or another.

Blimey this is hard!!!!!
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 5:27pm

Hi hon the main difference I felt was that I felt nothing lol! All ky other cycles I felt it worked whereas with the immune one I did not. I think I felt better because I did not have an immune flare at implantation and that has to be a good thing. Wishing you all the luck in the world, I firmly believe you are at the best clinic you can be at x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 5:56pm

Hi devchick,

most of the drugs you are on have no real side effects that you will spot. The steroids are pretty good at stopping nausea so I had v little morning sickness in my last pregnancy, but you wouldn't be feeling that yet anyway. As far as I'm concerned the only diff with my immune cycles has been that I'm more like a pin cushion! I can always tell when I'm pg, but it has nothing to do with the immune drugs, and I know that most ladies have no symptoms prior to testing.

However, what has to be good this time round is that you don't have AF. If you've always bled pre test I would say that it must be v reassuring to not have any sign of the witch at the minute!

Good luck for tomorrow.

xxxx

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 7:00pm

Ditto what the others said, no difference other than bruises from all the jabs and energy, beardy and moonface from the steroids.

Good luck for tomorrow, sounds good. I knew both my bfps before I tested as I had tingly boobs. I'll have everything crossed for you.

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 7:06pm

Wow thanks for helping give my pma one last final boost. Just did my Clexane jab and wondered if it's the last one.

Not long to go - 12 hours eek!
6 cycles all BFN.

Bath1975

Reg: Dec 1st 2009

Children: Not yet!

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 10:46pm

Didn't want to read and run but just wanted to wish you loads of luck for tomorrow [zx189]

I have also had 3 fresh and one frozen cyle, had AF before OTD each time and am thinking of immune treatment. I really really hope its good news for you (and selfishly it will give me some hope).

:goodluck: tomorrow!
2 Fresh and 1 frozen ET in 2010 - All :BFN: :
2 x IVF in 2011 (one immune) - Both :BFN: :bawl:
DE cycle at Serum with immunes - October 12 - Guess what? :BFN:
DE FET March 2013 - :BFN:
DE cycle -October 2013 and FET November 2013 - :BFN:
DD cycle - last go - BFP!!!

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 11:01pm

Thank you so much everyone your comments have helped me through my last day of 2ww.

Am going to bed now really knackered with insomnia from steroids. Have taken them earlier today and hope that will help but have a feeling I don't have a restful night tonight. Am going to gave to avoid going to loo in middle of night tonigbt that will be fun.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!! 8 hours to go.
6 cycles all BFN.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 11:55am

Not this time ladies have posted in relevant thread.

Still REALLY pleased with how this cycle went and really do feel that this is only the first cycle where I actually had a chance.
6 cycles all BFN.

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:27pm

Ahhh sh*te hun. I was about to reflect on how my immune cycle went.... No different from the others in terms of how I felt (albeit a feeling of greater positivity), but like Ruthie I just *knew* the cycles that had worked. Don't let this one get you down. Think of it as #1 on the RIGHT protocol, rather than another one that's failed. :cuddle

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13