You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "SunriseNJ" started this thread

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 3:54pm

Moving clinics - should we repeat ultrasound scan and semen test???

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me? We have had 3 IVF treatments at our local clinic and are now having a consultation at the Lister Fertility Clinic in London. They say we do not need to have another ultrasound scan and semen analysis test because we had them done a few months ago. However I did feel that if we are having a second opinion and going to another clinic maybe the tests they do there might be more thorough and/or the tests would be more up to date too. The only downside of course is it will cost more money...

I would be grateful to hear your thoughts on this - thanks!

TTC 5 years
Clomid 6 months (low progesterone)
Unexplained infertility
3 unsuccessful IVF treatments in 2010 (i'm a poor responder) :BFN:
Immunology treatment with Dr Gorgy
4th round of IVF (ICSI) in May/June 2011 - :BFP: for a week then blood tests showed a :BFN:
5th round of IVF(ICSI) in Nov/Dec 2011 :BFN:
6th round of Donor Egg IVF(ICSI) in May/June 2012 :BFP: for a week then blood tests showed a :BFN:
7th round of Donor Egg IVF(ICSI) (IMSI) Sept/Oct 2012:

Peppa

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 8:04pm

Sorry you've had no replies to this so far. At my clinic, any tests, scans etc would only be valid for three months.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2010

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 9:16pm

Yes, Imnew to the Lister as well and they were trying to get me to use my old scans, but we worked out mine were 4 months and therefore they suggested I should have them done again. If yours are older than 3 months and you would feel more comfortable having new scans then just request them. If you are watching the pennies however and they seem to be happy with your older scans then keep a low profile!!! So what do you feel more comfortable with?
Egg Donor @ MFS
EC 1/12/10 -13 eggs (7 for me)
ET 4/12/10
Me :BFN: Recipient :BFP:

Lister- IVF June 2011 :BFN:

FET Aug 2011 :BFN:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The_scenic_route" (Apr 17th 2011, 9:17pm)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, April 18th 2011, 6:04am

Hi Sunrise!
It's up to you. The semen won't change much if it's less than 3 months old, but maybe just go for a scan. We had our semen re-done at the argc, within 2 months of the other tests and it was very similar. If you want them, ask for them.
Good luck

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Monday, April 18th 2011, 2:48pm

I am in the process of changing clinics after 5 failed ivf with the same clinic - I have been told all tests will be re-done before we are accepted for treatment with the new clinic. Good luck x

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007