You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

elpi

• "elpi" started this thread

Reg: Nov 15th 2009

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 11:26pm

Ageing, moving and still have one more try left

Will be 40 in June. Have one more IVF/ICSI try left on NHS and consultant told me this can be after my birthday. So far, so 'good'. However, personal circumstances dictate that we have to move, and will be in a different area. What would this mean for our second, and final, NHS cycle? Any thoughts? How can I approach our current clinic about this? Current clinic about 2 hours away by train from where we're moving to. No car.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "elpi" (Mar 13th 2011, 11:27pm)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, March 14th 2011, 9:19am

Hi. If you're moving to a different area you may well be under a different PCT and you will need to phone your new PCT and see what their policy is. I suspect your old PCT won't pay for any further treatment as you will be out of their area and therefore not 'their' patient.

Wishing you lots of luck.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008