You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 14 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lollygirl" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Sunday, March 6th 2011, 8:59am

URGENT help needed re failed pregnyl injection

I need some urgent advice please

I was due to do pregnyl injection last night at 10.30pm for IUI insem at 2.30pm on Monday but totally screwed it up and long story short it went all over the floor. I can't phone the clinic as they are shut (Sunday)

what should i do? abandon the cycle? there was a mention at yesterdays scan that i might ov on my own over the weekend anyway but i do have a prescription which i could use (should be for next month) but obviously i would be taking it 12 hours late - 28 hrs before insem

what to do??????

feeling sick right now and been up all night completely traumatised at what an idiot i am, can't even find a single story online of anyone else doing this
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, March 6th 2011, 9:02am

Hi
Do your clinic not have an out of hours number?
I will post your question into the staff room and ask one of the mods to come over

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, March 6th 2011, 9:15am

Hi, I am really sorry about this.

First of all try to remain calm. These things happen as we are humans in a stressful situation.

I really do not know what to advise, as it is very dependent on how your clinic is. I know my old one has a tight schedule and would not be prepared to change it, so if that was me at my old clinic I would just leave the injection, xfingers I ovulated on my own and go to the clinic to check and accept if the cycle was cancelled.
Would the clinic consider doing your cycle later or would they cancel it anyway? I can't answer this question really.

If you think you may have ovulated on your own and you don't mind the possibility of your cycle being abandoned then just leave things as they are, especially as now it's Sunday.

I would try to contact the clinic. Most clinic give an emergency number. This is an emergency, use that number. Sometimes if you ring the clinic they have a message with that tells you which one is the emergency number.
Try to contact them before you decide anything.
Good luck.

• "lollygirl" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Sunday, March 6th 2011, 9:23am

Thankyou both so much

The out of hours is just the gynae ward at the hospital, i have no idea if there is anyone there who would be prepared to advise, i just tried but no answer.

I think they would do an IUI 24hrs after HCG shot but not without one at all

My DP wants us to abandon as i am so upset

I feel such a plonker :bawl:
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Sunday, March 6th 2011, 10:04am

Hey lolly girl I feel your upset, this happened to me on my first ICSI. I stupidly pulled the syringe back instead of pushing it down to inject and it went all over the worktop. I called my local hospital where I had IUI before and they were no help at all, they said that all the fertility drugs were locked away and they didn't have access. I then called Glasgow (where I was getting the ICSI) and they managed to get a spare injection and we drove up (1.5 hours away). But I was about 3-4 hours late with by the time I got it.

I was absolutely distraught lollygirl and looking back now I think should I have done things differently? It's hard to see the wood for the trees just now. If I could offer any support or advice is i would keep phoning until you get an answer and then you know u have tried your best and if they say that the cycle needs to be abandoned then PLEASE PLEASE do not beat yourself up about it, you need to give your eggs and YOURSELF the best possible chance and all this stress and heartache wont help.

I hope this has helped you in some way hun xxxxxxx
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 14 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE