You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

fields

• "fields" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2011

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 9:40am

Creamy CM during TWW??

Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows what this could be.... I'm TCC naturally 7 months now and this cycle I've noticed quite a lot of creamy CM particularly around 5-7 DPO. AF due in approx 7-9 days...... What could this be? Good sign, bad sign, or nothing at all?? My doc always says "thats normal" when I tell her of my quirky symptoms!!! It drives me crazy!! I've also been spotting 4-5 days before AF for the last 3 cycles..... so dunno if the creamy CM could be related to this.....

Thanks, I'm very confused...... :8o:

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 8:33pm

Hi to you,

As you probably will know around ovulation from about 2 days before until 24 hrs afterwards the CM should change to the clear, stretchy mucus that allows sperm to enter it and which provides nourishment to the sperm. Before and after this clear CM window the mucus is of a different nature, which can be scanty, dry and powdery, cloudy, creamy or thick, all very different from the ovulatory mucus. The presence of this clear mucus is one of the signs of impending ovulation, but this cannot be taken as proof that you are ovulating, it only tells you that your body is preparing for ovulation. It is when it changes abruptly from the clear and stretchy mucus to the cloudy and non-stretchy mucus that suggests that ovulation has happened, so if the cramy mucus that you see 5 days post-ovulation was preceeded by the clear/stretchy mucus then this couldy/creamy mucus is s good sign that you have ovulated. If you don't see the clear mucus ever, or when you do see it it hangs around for 6- 9 days that it is likely that you are not ovulating

If you feel that you are seeing more cloudy mucus than you used to then either you're having mucus mucus activity from the cervix which is good provided that you are still having some clear mucus at the right time; or that you have a slight thrush infection which can generate an excess of white/creamy mucus post-ovulation; or you are becoming more able to spot these changes now that you have had some months of TTC. If there is no smell, and no burning or itching in the vagina when this creamy mucus is at its most copius then it is unlikely to be infected and can be ignored, but if you are still concerned you can get your GP to do a swab for culture, or simply buy some anti-thrush remedy.

It is important always, if you are ttc naturally, to have a blood test done to confirm that you are ovulating, and ovulating well enough to ensure good implantation. This means testing your blood level of progesterone mid-lutealy i.e. half way between ovulation and the end of your cycle. Your progesterone level at this point should be at least 30 nmol/L.

Good luck with your TTC, and ocme back to us if you have any further query.

P
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

fields

Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 9:54pm

Thanks Paul, That is very helpful.

I do actually think I am ovulating - I generally get positive OPK around 12-14 DPO and I have all the CM signs you noted. I am still getting some yellowish creamy Cm and I'm now 10DPO. I haven't noticed this CM, at this time, before and I've read that it could be due to an increase in progesterone due to implantation..... is this possible,,,,,could I be pg?? Maybe I'm just clutching at straws and over-doing the sympyom-watching....what do you think...... xfingers

fields

Monday, March 7th 2011, 9:32pm

Would you believe my instincts were right. The yellowy mucus was unusual. When spotting started on 10DPO I thought AF was on the way. Then it stopped, after one day. Usually it lasts 4-5 days before AF. so I tested on 14DPo and got a lovely :BFP:. Its still sinking in. I was taking Agnus cactus to regulate my cycle too, so maybe that helped. I'm still getting a little of the yellowy mucus.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 7:10am

Congratulations x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:23am

Brilliant news :clap

Don't worry about the CM, it does tend to continue throughout pg.

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

fields

Wednesday, March 9th 2011, 8:55pm

Thanks Curlytails and Ali Bird!!

Its great news for me, but I'm being cautious. I'm only 4 weeks.....

Well done to you Ali Bird getting a natural :BFP: !! Best of luck! :goodluck: