You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nicpic" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 7:33pm

who recommends LIT?

hi girls

Ive just had my immune test results back from Dr Gorgy today. Yesterday i found out i am pregnant again so its been a bit of a rush today getting everything in place to start immune support treatment. I have elevated NK cells, elevated TNF alpha, low LAD levels and some other stuff that i didnt understand!!! Dr G has a really strong accent and i couldnt pick up all the results over the phone. I'm gonna phone back tomorrow and get the secretary to read them out slowly to me. Some other results arent back yet. The DQ alpha, MTHFR and factor V leiden are due in tomorrow.

He's prescribed asprin, clexane, prednisolone, 2 intralipid infusions and he's also booked us in for LIT treatment back in london in 3 weeks time.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the LIT. It seems very expensive and i wonder if we really need it. When the clinic phoned me back to make the LIT appointment the secretary said " i have an appointment here if you'd like it. Have you decided to go ahead with the LIT treatment?" That got me thinking, do some people decided not to do it? Is so, why not? Is it just the cost or are there other reasons why people choose not to do it? I would have to travel down to london from glasgow...twice. Its going to cost us £1800 and thats just for the LIT. That doesnt include train, hotel etc. Is it a really worthwhile treatment?
NicPic :P

May09 BFP m/c 6wks
Aug09 BFP m/c 5wks
Jan10 BFN
Apr10 BFP mm/c 7wks
Oct10 BFP mm/c 10wks
Feb11 immune issues discovered
Feb11 BFP m/c 5wks
May 11 FET cancelled due to abnormal growth in womb
Jun 11 hysteroscopy

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 7:53pm

I have posted on the other thread babes x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:03pm

I'm also LAD negative with a double DQ alpha match with DH one of which being the worst kind... I wasn't recommended LIT by CARE. Intralipids seem to have sorted those issues out for me (so far so good), along with the super strength NK cells I have!

Until recently you had to go abroad for LIT tx. I've also posted on your other thread sweetie. p.s. well done you! :D

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 7:16am

What's LIT?

• "nicpic" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 7:49am

hi maria
Lit is Lymphocyte immune therapy. Its recommended in the Dr beers book for ladies with negative LAD results. I'm no expert, have only just been reading up on it last night but basically it would mean having an injection of my DH's lymphocytes under my skin to bring on an immune response. The idea is then that this helps my body to prepare and cope with a response to a baby that is my partners. My body would recgonise that the baby is a foreign object and recognise it as a pregnancy and so then protect it from being attacked by NK cells.
I THINK i got that right but hopefully someone else can come along and confirm that or correct that!
NicPic :P

May09 BFP m/c 6wks
Aug09 BFP m/c 5wks
Jan10 BFN
Apr10 BFP mm/c 7wks
Oct10 BFP mm/c 10wks
Feb11 immune issues discovered
Feb11 BFP m/c 5wks
May 11 FET cancelled due to abnormal growth in womb
Jun 11 hysteroscopy

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Children: Our miracle baby is on it's way!

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 1:13pm

Hi nicpic,

Did you decide to have the LIT? If so, when did you have it and how did it go? or when will you be having it?

Know what you mean about Dr Gorgy's accent on the phone!! Trouble is that I don't think his secretary is allowed to give out results on the phone (and she also has an accent which I don't understand too well on the phone - she's spanish).

xx

AMH 8.4 (me=36). 6 cycles clomid. Immune issues.
1st IVF cycle April 11 - canx due to endo cyst.
2nd IVF cycle with immune meds May 11 :BFP: [zx076] seen 5wk5d, 8wk5d, 12wk
"There can be miracles when you believe"
My diary