You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jo-1976

• "jo-1976" started this thread

Reg: Feb 22nd 2011

Children: I WISH!

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 3:33pm

Starting PGD

:hi: Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anyones in a similar situation to me. I found out I have a chromosome inversion after a failed natural pregnancy over 4 years ago. I was advised that the best option for me was PGD. Have been with db for 3 years, he had vasectomy over 10 years ago and had failed reversal. He managed to have sperm retrieval op and has 9 vials frozen. As you can imagine our journey through this is giong to be a difficult one with there being problems on both sides! Have just started my 30 days of buserelin injections this morning, had to get a friend to do it as db is working away at the mo. Has anyone else started their buserelin injections today or around a similar time to me? xx

Reg: Oct 26th 2009

Children: None yet, hopefully soon

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 6:04pm

Hi Jo :hello:

Welcome to the PGD family! It sounds like you have been through the mill in the last few years, so I really hope that PGD will turn things around for you. The support on this site is fantastic, i have found it so helpful because everyone knows what you're going through as they have been in a similar situation. There have also been lots of success stories which gives us all hope that things will work out for us too. We just got a PGD :BFP: today, so praying this is our turn after several losses.

Best of luck with your treatment,
Mon xxx
Mon77

:xxx3:

5x m/c all before 10 weeks :angel2:
IVF with PGD Feb '11 24/2/11 :BFP: 3/3/11 early miscarriage :angel2:
Waiting NHS tx 2

jo-1976

• "jo-1976" started this thread

Reg: Feb 22nd 2011

Children: I WISH!

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 8:15pm

:dust: Hiya Mon, just wishing you all the best and hope everything works out for you. I didn't want to know about pgd at first because of it being so costly an complicated but once I got over the shock of being told it was a lot better for us than straight forward ivf, I came to my senses and agreed to it. Keep me posted on your progress please I could do with a bit of confidence boosting in this as at my hospital appt on friday the nurse said my oestradiol levels are slightly high so my body might not respond as well as it should. As you will no doubt know any bit of news like this is like a kick in the gut and knocks you right down! Good luck again! Will be keeping every thing crossed for you!:xxx3:

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:14pm

Hi Jo sorry that you are having to go down this route but the girls on here are really supportive. Come and join the main PGD chatter and meet everyone. I hope that all goes well with your treatment.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Friday, February 25th 2011, 9:30am

Hi Jo,

You are already a lot closer to your dreams having started this cycle wish you all the best; at least half of the PGD girls here came to PGD because of chrosmosome translocations and there are so many success stories. With PGD you have to have ICSI anyway so it is no problem at least that your husband had vasectomy.

Feel free to come over to PGD chatter as Christine suggested and there are also forums for monthly cycle buddies for IVF although I am afraid noone doing PGD started their cycles just now as we are only a few. Happy Christine is just a bit ahead of you.

x Rianon