You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "sugarlove" started this thread

Reg: Dec 9th 2010

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 9:34pm

Has anyone else been told not to ttc after a lap?

Had my lap last week and was told not to ttc till afte AF as mc rate is supposedly higher.

Has anyone else been told this, as I really don't feel like missing a month out!

Sedgie

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 23rd 2011

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 7:03am

Hi Sugarlove,

I have endo also, stage 4, I've a a few laps and a full laparotomy and have never been told to wait until after AF. In fact my consultant was insistent tha the first 6 months after surgery were the most important for TTC.

Hope this helps!

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 11:33am

Hi, I had a lap a few years ago and was told that I was MORE likely to conceive (successfully) afterwards because of the dye unblocking the tubes (though in the end it turned out that my tubes weren't blocked anyway). Perhaps you could get a second opinion? Good luck ttc! Cathy xxx
Cathy

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 11:50am

I was not told this after either of my laps. In fact I was told by one of the nurses that you are slightly more fertile after the lap. BUT do not do the business if you are still bleeding as there is risk of infection.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Jan 30th 2011

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:21am

Hi Sugalove

This is news to me too. I had my last lap 6 months ago and was told to TTC as soon as possible. I've actually heard of people falling pregnant their first cycle after a lap. I've also head that you're the most fertile within 6 months of having one although unfortunately I haven't had any luck yet!

[zx098] Me (endo) + [zx099] DH = 31yrs

TTC 2.5 yrs
Laparoscopy 06/2010
IVF in April/May 2011?

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 10:29am

Sorry I can't help you really, but didn't want to read and run. I wasn't told anything about TTC after my lap, but to be honest I would be inclined to listen to what the professionals have told you as your circumstances may be different (they know your full history etc) and for some reason this might be better for you personally. Not sure. I know it seems that you are missing a month, but you'd be back bedding for the next month in no time! I didn't realise success rates were better after a lap, so wishing you well and hope it does the trick. xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Sunday, February 20th 2011, 12:16pm

hello, i have had 7 laps now i think, i was certainly not up for doing the deed as i had a lot of work done but i have been told with every one that the first 6 months incresaed fertility especially if you have had a good clean up in there. hence after the last lap in aug 2009 i had loads of endo removed and d&c had a really good cleanup and was allowed to go ahead with first ivf just 12 weeks later as fertility improved. every circumstance is diffrenet, but if you feel up to it why not?? x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Monday, February 21st 2011, 7:43pm

hi all, i also wasnt up for hanky panky after mine due to bad complications, however i got a BFP after 6weeks the first one in 4 years, only got to 8 weeks though.
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

• "sugarlove" started this thread

Reg: Dec 9th 2010

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 12:08am

Thanks for the posts girls. I decided to wait this month, just in case.
Will be starting clomid after AF starts.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 7:38am

Hi, I have been told the same as you (i've had 3 laps and in 2 different countries) They all said to wait a/f first then TTC as there is a risk of infection and also to give your body time to recover.

Good luck xfingers

Reg: Jan 30th 2011

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 10:08pm

Wishing you lots of luck Sugerlove. Many people have success following a lap, including my sister-in-law who fell pregnant a couple of months later.

[zx098] Me (endo) + [zx099] DH = 31yrs

TTC 2.5 yrs
Laparoscopy 06/2010
IVF in April/May 2011?