You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cheenab

• "cheenab" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Friday, February 4th 2011, 1:23pm

Will my results effect IVF?

Hi everyone,

Can i pick your brains??!!!

Quick summary, i was on prostap injections until Nov last year, since then ive not had regular/long periods
We got our letter through for our initial ivf app which asked for recent day 2,3 or 4 fsh/lh bloods, so i went and had them done the day i got the letter as af had started the day before(21st Jan) and it was a friday so didnt want to leave it till the monday. Then af stopped on the saturday!!!! Got the results back and they were FSH- 15.3 and LH-22.1
Then AF started again in the evening on the 28th, our app was on the 31st the con straight away said them first results wasnt right and was convinced they had been done on the wrong day as they were to high and said that the day of the app would have been day 3 so go and get another lot done that day, got the results back for the 2nd lot yesterday... FSH- 13.5 and LH- 24.5....
So although the FSH is slightly lower the LH is higher, and there both still to high as the nurse said there both meant to be under 10???

Just need a bit of help understanding them if anyone can help?
Will these results effect the IVF outcome?

Thank you in advance :)

xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Reg: Feb 16th 2009

Children: Yes please

Friday, February 4th 2011, 8:41pm

Sorry I can't offer any pearl but wanted to say good luck. I had high LH and had to swap from a short to a long protocol to sort it out! The alternative is to wait a month as sometimes it can sort itself out. Not great I admit.

Good luck with your cycle.

xx

3 IUI and 5 IVF :BFN:
What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1
On Metformin & Immune Cycle

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Friday, February 4th 2011, 8:59pm

I don't know about your LH lavels but my FSH levelw were initially a little high. We retested and they had lowered. My cons said he likes to see the FSH under 10 but if it is higher it's not the end of the world - they will most likey do the short protocol so they don't over suppress you - so your ovaries won't need to work so hard to produce the follicles.
i believe (and I may be wrong) if you google it there are ways of improving your FSH levels naturally before you atart treatment.

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Friday, February 4th 2011, 9:06pm

I'm not an expert on this, but my FSH levels fluctuate between being borderline fine and a little high like yours. My clinic were not overly concerned about my FSH levels, more my AMH, which was low at 2. I am unsure about the impact of LH in among it all, but do know that it is the results collectively that are important rather than one on its own. My clinc advised short protocol for me, given my low AMH and fluctuating FSH. Unfortunately, the IVF outcome is a tricky one and we can never be sure what does and does not affect a cycle and outcome - I wish we knew more! What i do know is that if your AMH levels were really low and your FSH levels really high clinic have been known to turn people away from treatment, but you are far from this scenario. Wishing you well xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 9:27am

Hi, I am not an expert either, but I can tell you what I know. FSH can change every month. It is the ratio of fsh:lh that is important, it needs to be close to 1:1. My old clinic said that if the LH is lower than FSH you wouldn't respond as well to stimulation. Yours is the other way round and it could mean you have a polycystic ovary (but only a doctor can tell you that and I am not one). As the others have said most clinic prefer an FSH of 10, but that won't mean that yours won't go ahead with your tx. Try to talk to one of the consultants of the clinic. They may just want you to wait till it gets a bit lower to make you start, so that you have a good response.
Good luck babydust

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 10:18am

I also just wanted to say that although my results are pretty up and down and with an AMH of 2, which is pretty dire - I got 16 eggs! So, sometimes you just have to go with it. Good luck! xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 3:01pm

2 is good hunni! Mine is 0.85!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE