You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "emmaleigh" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2011

Saturday, November 5th 2005, 7:08pm

looking into fostering

hi everyone

just recently i have been looking into fostering and i think its something that i would really love to do. although i am about start ivf i would like to become a fosters parent.

i have spoke to the fostering agency and they have said they cant see why i cant go for it.

what am trying to say is does anyone think am doin the wrong thing. i have spoke to my partner so much about it and he thinks its a good idea but i feel like theres something that will hold me back.

could everyone please just let me know there views on it.

thanks

emma

susie

Unregistered

Monday, November 7th 2005, 2:17pm

HI EMMA

IF YOUVE GOT THE SUPPORT OF THE FOSTERING AGENCY, I THINK U SHD GO FOR IT!

I WANTED TO DO THE SAME, FOSTER CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS WHILE GOING THRU LAST OF MY 2 IUI'S AND GET EXPERIENCE OF CHILDREN ETC AND THINK ABOUT POSS ADOPTING IN THE FUTURE ETC.

UNFORTUNATELY IN MY CASE MY LOCAL AUTH DONT ALLOW FOSTER CARERS TO HAVE FERTILITY TRETMENTWHILST THEY FOSTER BECAUSE THEY SAY YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CHILDREN'S LOSS AS WELL AS YOUR OWN POTENTIAL LOSSES IF/WHEN TREATMENT FAILS.
HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS AND YOU CAN COPE WITH YOUR ISSUES AS WELL A THE CHILD'S, THEN I WISH YOU AL THE VERY BEST AND GOOD LUCK. GO FOR IT.

HOPE IVE HELPED AND NOT PUT YOU OFF?
LOVE SUSIE

Reg: Oct 25th 2005

Children: None yet, but watch this space!!!

Monday, November 7th 2005, 3:40pm

I was also thinking about fostering/adopting and i think its a good idea, it would make you feel good about helping children in difficult situations but the only thing that im not sure if i could cope with was them going away again i think i would get attached to them, how would you feel about that?
Jul/Aug 06 -IVF E/C 9/8 14 eggs - 11 fertilised E/T 11/8 2 bk in BFN
Feb/Mar 09 -IVF E/C 10/3 13 eggs - 10 fertilised E/T 12/3
Af arrived BFN 22/03

Monday, November 7th 2005, 3:41pm

hi susie

thanks for writin and dont worry u wont put me off.

i actually took the application form in today so all being well i should hear something in the next couple of weeks. at first they was worried wether i would be able to handle it, but like i told them i shouldnt start any treatment until the end of next year as there is a year long waitin list at the clinic i have gone to so they said i can go for it now

hi lori

i agree with you about getting to attached i think about that all the time. but the way i see it is even though they are going back i have hopefully still been able to have an impact on them and maybe help them with any problems they may have.so to me thats a bonus

emma

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "emmaxx" (Nov 7th 2005, 3:48pm)

Sunday, November 13th 2005, 8:00pm

hi all

got a phone call from the fostering agency the other day. they sending a social worker round to see us, might sound stupid but am feelin a little scared. not sure wat goin to happen wen they come round i think thats wat am scared about.

if anyone could tell me wat happens i would be grateful

thanx

emma

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Sunday, November 13th 2005, 8:04pm

Hi emma try reading vegemites adoption diary it may give you some idea of what will happen. clare x
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Sunday, November 13th 2005, 8:20pm

hi a couple of my work colleagues went through the fostering process recently- it was very similar to the adoption process but the prep courses etc were geared towards fostering. they had to have a home assessment, all the same checks etc, so this will prob be n initial visit to meet, consider which area of fostering, and for them to flag up any issues etc early on- fairly in formal, but our adoption initial visit 14 months ago lasted 3 hours.

I wish you every success with it- there will always be children whose needs you might meet, they will probably discuss what implications tx and a possible new babywould have on your suitability- it might be that they would want you to do emergency fostering or something!

keep us updated I can't wait to hear about your journey.
k
x
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

Wednesday, November 16th 2005, 4:19pm

hi everyone

well we have just had our assesment with the fostering agency and they have recamended that we try the ivf first.

we were given two options wait till we have tryed the ivf and if that dont work then we can apply for fostering again,

or wait have the ivf if that successful wait till the baby is at least two years old then try again.

feel abit dissapointed about it all and not sure wat to do. both me dp had got our heads round it all and was really lookin forward to it. i dont think i expected them to say no and thats wat has upset me the most.

i guess all we can do now i wait and see wat the future holds and hopefully we will have a baby and beable to foster.

emma

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE