You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "RunningMum" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:01pm

Endometriosis and Diet

I've just recently been diagnosed with endo after a lap and dye last week.

I'm starting to read all about diet and nutrition and alternative therapies to improve the symptoms of endometriosis and hopefully improve my fertility.

Has anyone had any success with a particular diet or therapy?

Thanks

Running Mum

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, January 31st 2011, 5:43pm

The only things that have worked for me are:

d/r drugs
the pill
pregnancies (even if m/c)

I am a member of Endometriosis uk. here's the link:

http://www.endometriosis-uk.org/

• United Kingdom

Monday, January 31st 2011, 8:10pm

Thanks Maria, I'll check it out x

BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 5:15pm

I have Adenomyosis, a form of endo but inside the womb.

I had treatment with Zoladex prior to my last cycle which has resulted in a BFP. I am sure that initially it was used for treatment of endo before IVF so that may be something you want to explore.

On a more natural note, one of my very good friends as quite severe and extensive endo and she has acheived her natural BFP and is now about 7 months pregnant! She was having regular accupuncture and was on a diet specifically for endo, I think she followed it religously mind you and it took about a year, but she got there, which was amazing.

Good luck, dont lose faith it can be done!

xx
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 6:47pm

Hello,

I also see an acupuncturist who says it can be kept in check with acupuncture. Search for a good one though - I've seen a few, and whereas one was lovely, and it was very comfortable, I realise she was of the "spa-kind" now that I've found the hard-core version.

Good luck!

:xxx:

Lalla and and her precious hubby's road to baby land!
38 and TTC naturally for 2 1/2 years.
SA - from poor to very good
Lap & dye 01.06.10 - some endo found and removed

Acupuncture
1st IUI - February!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 7:48pm

I am not sure there is any scientific evidence that acupuncture can keep endometriosis in check. You can still get pregnant with endometriosis anyway.

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:05pm

Jules - lovely to hear some success stories thanks
Lalla - good luck with IUI this month!

I'm not sure acupucture is the thing for me bit funny about the needles, thinking of booking some reflexology more because I love the relaxation and having my feet rubbed than any medicinal benefits.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:52pm

I love massage! I would like to try reflexology it does sound nice.

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:56am

Running Mum re needles - I am/was quite a needle phobic, (2 rounds of IVF sort of helped to clear that a bit mind you!) I still cant look when having docs needle me for blood or anything else, but with accu its a completely different thing. The needles are so fine you can hardly feel them and you dont have to see anything if you dont want to.
I would say, try one session to see how you get on, I was petrified the first time and now love it.
At the very least it works to help me feel more balanced emotionally which certainly helped throughout the treatment.

Reflexology is also lovely...I'm a bit of an alternative therapy freak though! :O
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

quinette

Reg: Jun 22nd 2012

Children: no but hope and pray to have

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 7:31pm

What foods should we cut out as endo girls as well when ttc please send me if any thanks so much

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, July 9th 2012, 6:55pm

If you want to follow a specific diet you would need to see a qualified nutritionist.
You could start here for ideas: Endometriosis - Diet and Nutrition to reduce symptoms
**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

quinette

Monday, July 9th 2012, 7:22pm

Thanks I went and looked at that info it came really helpfull I see they say no caffiene I love coffee so if I drink decavinated coffee will that be fine

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, July 9th 2012, 8:39pm

As I said maybe you want to see a nutritionist to have a more personal diet.

quinette

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 6:14am

Ok thanks again for that info I will do that thanks so much for your support

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Children: One little boy - 2 years old :)

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 1:30pm

Hi runningmum
Ive had endo (diagnosed) for 10 years. I have tried quite a lot to see if my symptoms are lessen from acupuncture, reflexology, endo diet, herbal remedies and 7 operations. So far the ops are the only thing that helps me with pain and fertility. After my op in 2009 I had 3 pregnancies (only one resulting in my lovely boy) and getting my tubes unblocked also helped with fertility. With regards to pain everyone is different as its in different places but for me its figuring out through trail and error which foods annoy my bowel and cause more pain. Garlic, onions, chillis, leeks all really hurt me and I eat very little around the time of the month. When I had the coil in it was the only time I felt 'normal' in 20 years but thats not an opition when ttc. You said you had a dye test did it show your tubes were fine?
I had an op in November and my tubes flushed before that in July but so far no pregnancy. Ive been told its unexplained secondary infertility and they dont think its the endo that is to blame so medical professionals are confident that people with endo will have successful pregancies (as long as tubes and ovaries are free from scarring and not stuck). Good luck its not a nice diagnosis to get your head round but it isnt a full stop to babies either. xoxox