You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "pennyandie" started this thread

Reg: Nov 18th 2009

Children: CARE NOTTING

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 1:46pm

wanting to start adption

hi everyone blimey it seems weired writing back on this channel after ivf :happy: can anyone help me me and my dh want to start adoption we have our forst induction meeting in march but worried because we read that the la do a credit check on everyone but my dh has really bad credit from the past do you think this will stop us from adopting ?(
fresh cycle icsi 8 eggs produced 7 fertilised
1st et nov 2009 fresh egg m/c @ 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd et (1st frozen ) 02/2010 :BFN

3rd FET06/10//2010 xfingers
6/10/2010 all snow babies died transfare day

12/3/2010 adoption induction meeting

Calypso

Superstar

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 1:59pm

Hi there, I'll be quick as am at work.
I can't substantially answer your question but the best advice I can offer is to be honest from the beginning.
After you have applied or "expressed an interest" (different LAs and agencies do things differently) a Social Worker will pay you an initial visit and sepend a couple of hours covering all essentials before they take it any further. This is the stage that you need to flag up anything that you feel may impede your application. That way, then can look into it early on (saves everybody wasting time) and hopefully reassure you. The agencies and LAs value honesty, so explaining your concerns early on will go down well. I expect that each case is assessed individually and they will look at factors like how long ago it was and how finances have been managed since.

Good luck!

x

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain

Jan 08 Fibroid removed. May 08 IUI - BFN :sadface:
Nov 08 IVF 7 eggs (just one fertilised :sadface: - BFN
May 09 ICSI 1 - 7 eggs (two fertilised) BFN :sadface:
Aug 09 Another fibroid removed
Nov 09 ICSI 2 - 1 mature egg (it fertilised) BFN :sadface:

My journey is now over

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 4:04pm

Hi Penny

I agree totally what calypso has told you , honesty up front is so so important. During the home study visits, your whole life is discussed and viewed and it is all about building a profile of you so the SWs get a big picture of you as a couple , what values, beliefs, what you can offer and whether you can sup[port a child who has had a pretty grim start in life.

Sometimes I felt god is this worth it ... and by god it was, we now have beautfiul 6 yr old girl, who has completed our family....

when looking at your finances, they need to ensure that you can provide a stable home and provide family needs, not to ensure you have ££££ in the Bank cause we certainly didnt, we just ensured that me giving up work for 10 months we would survive.

Wishing you all the luck in the world

x

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee