You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 48 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "MrsHoward" started this thread

Reg: Jan 12th 2011

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:12pm

Please Help ladies CD 21 so low

I'm scared my CD 21 was 2.8 on 50mg of Clomid and 1500mg Met.. This is really bad right? I had to have the bloods done on DAY 19 as day 21 fell on a Bank Holiday. The doctor has put me up to 100mg now so fingers crossed but I can't see it going massively up in one month.2.8 to 30 where it's meant to be....

One positive this month is I got my P naturally which hardly ever happens as I have PCOS, I had to take Norestherine last month.

Can anyway give me some advice?

;(
starsmile Mrs Howard xx :bye:

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:17pm

Hi MrsHoward and welcome to the site

I see that Eeyore gave you some really useful info about progesterone levels on your other thread so I won't go into those details again here. How long was your AF this month? Day 19 may have been a touch early but if you had ovulated I would have expected to see a higher result than that even if it wasn't on exactly the right day of your cycle.

Clomid is a powerful drug so increasing it to 100mg may very well make all the difference for you. I've seen plenty of people on here not respond on 50 but then respond well on 100.

Are you under the care of a fertility consultant or just your GP? Are you having regular monitoring scans?

Reg: Feb 16th 2009

Children: Yes please

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:21pm

Afraid I don't have any advice hun. I'm so sorry you are having a nightmare time. I'm in the throws of IVF (in btw at the moment) and my cycles are all over the place (so I can sympathise with concerns). I'm also on Met but for different reasons (it's apparently doubtful I have PCOS as I don't display many of the symptoms). O, and I worry about every test result!

On a positive note it's great AF came on her own. That means the drugs must be working.

There are quite a number of success stories on here for PCOS ladies. I think the drs say it's hard to conceive with it, but once diagnosed, they can really help you.

Wishing you lots and lots of luck. How long have you been on the clomid and metformin?

Sam x

3 IUI and 5 IVF :BFN:
What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1
On Metformin & Immune Cycle

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:35pm

Hi there,

Sorry you are feeling quite scared about the whole thing but hopefully i can reassure you. I am now on my 4th cycle of clomid. They initially started me off on 50mg for the first 2 cycles...this didnt make me ovulate. They then increased my dose up to 100mg on my 3rd cycle. I had day 21 bloods taken and my levels I was told were very very high and even told me to take a pregnancy test...unfortunately i wasn't pregnant and I am now on my 4th cycle of clomid - which i now know is working for me. So hang on in there because increasing from 50 to 100 can make a massive difference!!

Your dose can eventually go upto 200mg...if needs be. Also just to add, if clomid didnt end up working for you (which some women it doesnt) then there are alternative medications that can be prescribed and there are a few women on here who have had this situation - one of whom has recently got their BFP.

So stay positive and try not to worry too much hun...keep us posted.

You may want to pop in clomid chicks...which may be able to offer you further info and support, I know I find it a god send having people to talk to in the same boat.

xx
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 3:31pm

Hiya,

I'm sorry you're feeling scared at the moment.

I agree with everything that Bubble has said. 100mg may be the dose for you. Some consultants will put up to 200mg but not all will do this, especially as you have PCOS there is a higher risk of OHSS on a higher dosage.

I'm so pleased that you are having bloods done but are you having scans done too to monitor what your ovaries are doing and to keep a check out for OHSS?

There are lots of options for us PCO(S)ers. Clomid is just the first drug to try and see if it works so please don't get too down about it not working.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!