You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LaineyMoo" started this thread

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Aberdeen

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 7:52pm

NHS funding been delayed

Hey Everyone.

Well I phoned up today to start our 2nd Fresh Cycle after 1 failed Fresh and 2 Failed Frozen treatments over the past 2 years, to be told that due to goverment cuts in NHS Funding we would not be allowed to start our 2nd cycle until late in the year.

Its abit gutting but ah well it was to be expected with all these cut backs.

I asked them if i could pay but they said by paying il loose one of my NHS Cycles (we get 3 NHS Cycles in my area)... they said because am only 27 i should wait and take full use of the NHS Funded cycles... bit of a let down as we have been trying for 6 years in September and it just feels like its even more out of reach.

I hate all this waiting around, sometimes i dont know if am any better off being young and unexplained fertility against those older women with fertility problems?\

The woman in our last group last year was a 40 year old ex junkie, with PCOS and her hubby had low sperm count and she got pregnant on her first go at iVF. Yet here are me and husband 25 when we first started IVF with excellent egg and sperm quality and we have had 3 failed attempts now.

So we have decided to go back to basics until Autumn! Back to lots of natural conceiving and a more natural approach. Been to the herbalist again and starting a fortnightly acupuncture session. Back to watching our foods and a serious cut down on alcohol!!! no drinking unless its for a specific reason! and more importantly relaxing and enjoying s3x!!!

Wishing all you ladies the best of luck! x
TTC Since September 2005, Me & DH both 26; Diagnosis - Unexplained Infertility.
1st round of IVF (fresh) Nov 09 - :BFN:
2nd round of IVF (frozen) April 10 - :BFN:
3rd round of IVF (Frozen) August 10 - :BFN:
4th round of IVF (Fresh) September 11 - xfingers

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 9:26pm

Hi Hun

It is gutting when you are delayed. Everything happens for a reason though & maybe that baby of yours is supposed to come in August. With any luck you might just get them naturaly. NHS cuts are a nightmare & even when you are in the system you can lose out. Just like I have.
I was 32 when I started out with the NHS & here I finaly am, almost 8 years later. I will most probably lose out on my 3rd fresh cycle now because of the age timeline.

Enjoy the trying au naturelle my lovely. You never know your luck. Sending you lots of babydust [zx084]

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Jan 8th 2011, 9:28pm)

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 10:09am

Lainey Moo

Your post caught my eye sorry about the funding in Aberdeen but just wondered and being nosey.. did they not offer you IUI as u are in the unexplained bracket or could this now be an option for you now ?
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

Reg: Oct 1st 2009

Children: please please please let us have a little one in 2011

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 10:34am

Sorry to hear this hunny hope ur ok and ur dream comes true later on in the year xxxx

clomid 6 cycles BFN :tears:
Icsi august 2010 :angel2: :pray: BFN
babydust

Shock Natural BFP Dec 2010 m/c 5 and half weeks
Next Treatment Feb 2011 Brief BFP m/c 5 and half mweeks :sniff:
immune testing before 3rd cycle??

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 10:48am

Hi laneymoo, didnt want to read and run, It is awful all these cut backs, I have been told that we should be able to start treatment at ninewells in dundee in the spring which will mean i have waited 2 years, we have previously had 2 fresh cycles privately in another clinic and it panicked me when you said you might lose out on a cycle if you were to pay for your cycle. the waiting list was just far too long for us to wait and the only reason i did it was as i knew that we would have our turn on the nhs.

anyway I do hope that your dreams come true this year x

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 5:03pm

Lainey Moo

Your post caught my eye sorry about the funding in Aberdeen but just wondered and being nosey.. did they not offer you IUI as u are in the unexplained bracket or could this now be an option for you now ?

Hi Ailly

Good Question!!!

This was something I asked them about when they first put me forward for my 1st Fresh Cycle of IVF - I queried why i wasnt getting to do IUI first - the clinic responded because am elegible for NHS IVF and we are both young with no problems and had now been trying for 3 years naturally with nothing, that IUI would probably be a waste of time!

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 5:07pm

Hi Hun

It is gutting when you are delayed. Everything happens for a reason though & maybe that baby of yours is supposed to come in August. With any luck you might just get them naturaly. NHS cuts are a nightmare & even when you are in the system you can lose out. Just like I have.
I was 32 when I started out with the NHS & here I finaly am, almost 8 years later. I will most probably lose out on my 3rd fresh cycle now because of the age timeline.

Enjoy the trying au naturelle my lovely. You never know your luck. Sending you lots of babydust [zx084]

Hey chic thank you so much, I know i think the same maybe this is suppose to happen! I hate IVF and had some really rough times as I had adverse side effects to the drugs.

Am quite into hollistic therapies and natural remedies and conceptions etc, and visually I have never been able to see myself having a baby through IVF? I know this sounds strange but I only ever am able to visulise myself getting pregnant the natural way? I am a firm believer in visulisation and positive thoughts, because on my 3rd cycle of ivf after lots of visulisations sessions and hypnosis i was alot more positive about the whole treatment and this was the only cycle of ivf i didnt take an adverse side effect to the drugs on? I also tested early and got a faint positive but 4 days later on actual test date it came back negative. After further investigations at the clinic they said some hormone in my bloods was quite high which meant a pregnancy probably existed at some point/attachment.

I believe it was my approach to natural remedies that caused this - even tho the pregnancy didnt carry on i just felt one step closer.

Wishing you all the luck in the world! xxxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 5:13pm

Hon go with that guy instinct and intuition. It is rarely wrong.

All the luck in the world lovely in whichever path your journey takes you on. X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Sunday, June 26th 2011, 8:02pm

Hi hun, hope your well, i'm based in lancashire and now that all clinics are different.
But i too have been labelled with in the un-explainned. Both me and dh had all tests which came back fine, i am 26 and dh 31.

We were offered 2 rounds of tx, but have been told go down the ICSI road. Although this is used normally for male factor issues i was told to have this one due to the length of time we have been ttc (7years). Also as their is slightly higher chance of things being ok, although i know its still pot luck.

Anyway hope your prays get answered and your dreams soon come true.
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

Reg: Jun 28th 2011

Children: No Children

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 9:07am

Hey hun, this thread caught my eye. It must be awful to be looking forward to a start date and then be told otherwise.
which PCT you at?

I agree on the age front.

I am finding my consultant is taking her time with me, rather than seeing her in 8 weeks, its 12 weeks "as we can afford to wait" etc as the guidelines state 23yrs as they have little experiance in someone 4 months off that age, me n hubby had to ttc and wait like everyone else, but wont get referred now until my birthday, its like waiting for all our tests to be out of date, makes no sense by the time we get reffered, and on the bourn hall waiting list, then re-do tests, it will be Dec... right ontop of christmas which is sitting awkward for me. With all the holidays and the dread of getting nowhere with ICSI, right ontop of xmas..

If i was 4 months older, I would be reffered like all the other ladies 28th july. To start Aug/Sept. (some older was seen within 6 weeks and referred straight away) One was ttc for 1.5 years... weve been ttc for 3 lol

Does anyone know anything i can do? We will get funding, as we meet all criteria, expect my age, with no real reason for it, no health implications or anytIhing, simply that its rare. My Gp says waiting wont make any difference as our issue is hubby. Surely its more cost effective to let us start early, then to re do tests and things?

Judging by the cut backs, maybe not :(

Good luck hun xxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE