You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Children: Please!!!!!!

Monday, April 11th 2011, 8:50pm

Hi wannabeamum,

I was shocked when our cons found a cyst on my ovary last month, I already have polycystic ovaries (apparently) as I found out after 3 iuis and no one thought to mention!

Mine is 1cm and he called it a dermoid cyst. He said they don't do anything with them unless it changes size and shape suddenly or grows above 6cm (which seems massive to me!!!) but he said it is likely to go away.

I just thought "oh great... Something else!" so I know how you feel! I'm surprised they've stopped your treatment. How you feeling about it now you've had time for it to sink in?

Well I'm 8 days past iui, so test day on Sunday... Hoping I make it... AF due on Friday!

Hi to all the other ladies, and best wishes to all those moving onto ivf/next cycles! Good luck all!
babydust xxx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years
6 x IUI all :BFN:

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.
M/c imminent :sniff:

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 10:02am

Hi ladies

Thanks Gumpy, Rene and Stace for your input on the horrid cyst :cross:. I'm feeling a bit better today thanks Stace, now that I've come to terms with the fact that I have to wait another month before we can try again. xfingers the naughty cyst goes quickly.

The clinic phoned me yesterday afternoon and confirmed that I wouldn't be able to start IUI this cycle and they have asked me to go in the week before AF is due again to check how the cyst is doing. The cyst would only grow more if I was to start my meds and they want to make sure it's not a cyst that's been there a while as it was the first scan I'd had in over a year. The waiting game is just so frustrating, God knows what I'll be like when I actually get to the 2ww ;(.

I didn't realise how far along you are Stace! xfingers AF doesn't arrive and you get your :BFP: this time around. Sending lots and lots of babydust your way.

xx

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Switzerland

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 12:41pm

I am good thanks Rene! Been away for a long weekend at a lovely wedding. My goodness though scary to see how many of our friends now have kids! We have quite a bit of catching up to do! Fingers crossed this time it will work.
I am going for first scan this cycle tomorrow to see how things are developing. At 7.45am though so that is a bit of a shock to the system!
Hello to all you lovely ladies!

Wannabemum - what did the clinic say about the cyst? Is it just something that will go away on its own? Frustrating if it delays your IUI when you were all set for it.
Opal - really sorry to hear that your latest round didn't work too. Maybe 4th time lucky though! Always thought 4 was a better number than 3 anyhow
Gumpy - drop by and see us here now and again! Can't believe you have your IVF scheduled already. Great to be moving on so quickly
Ashley - welcome to our group. Fingers crossed for you this cycle

Have a nice Tuesday afternoon y'all and hello to anyone I have missed x

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 5:15pm

Hi Girls

Sorry to hear about the BFN's so fa,r too many gutted for all its pants ;(

I too have a cyst I suppose its different for me though but its feckin 9cm x 7cm 2 weeks ago. I will find out on Mon whats happening at my appointment. ?(

Good luck to the others who are starting soon remember it can happen Im proove :thumbup:
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ailly" (Apr 12th 2011, 5:19pm)

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 9:48pm

Hi

I am still here, AF should arrive at the weekend and then we'll be back to it. Was just thinking earlier that i need to check when the unit is closed over the bank holidays, knowing my luck it will be and this cycle will be over before it starts............where did my PMA go ? :rollseyes:

Gumpy - it will be great to have you here with us and i hope you'll update us on how things are going with you, you're always so positive about things. i'm glad you don't have to wait too long for your IVF now :)
Stace - xfingers xfingers here for you and babydust coming your way
Wannabemum - :cuddle hoping the cyst disappears soon and you can get back on track quickly, i know the waiting is the worst ;(
Elsie - good luck for tomorrow
Ashley - hi, i hope this cycle gives you a very pleasant surprise, who knows why it works for some couples and not for others but your clinic won't go ahead if they believe its unlikely to work. 2mill sperm is still a lot. I'll have xfingers for you
Ailly - nice to hear from you, apart from the cyst i hope you're well? is it causing you discomfort? hopefully its nothing to worry about
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Switzerland

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 8:23am

Hello All
I had a very early start this am to get to clinic for 7.45 - they were running late as I might have expected! Was in such a rush to get out of there I left my bag with my gym kit in it - how annoying!
I have one follicle developing as they would expect (only on lowest dosage of gonal F) so if it continues to develop they will do the IUI on Monday - timing could not be better if it works out as I am off Monday anyhow!
Have a good day all - for some reason my PMA is sky high this am.
x

Reg: Aug 26th 2010

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 3:33pm

Thanks girlies for your best wishes and lollygirl i really hope ur rite and i get a pleasant surprise. Iv just been wishing away these next few weeks and seeing this iui as just part of my journey to get to ivf (so that i feel i gave iui a chance) so i honestly dont even think for a second it is gonna work, think its because i got such a horrible shock when we only got 2 mill last time as it was by far the worst numbers we ever had and since then i just have my mind set our only way is ivf......but hey if this iui works well i will b more than plesantly surprised i will literally die of shock so i dont even want to think bout it working or get my hopes up.
AF came for me today and so i'm starting gonal-f 2nite :-)
can i ask u girls a question?? how long did ur dp's abstain b4 iui?? how long should my dh sayin as he has low count?? he thinks he should wait 5 days...is this too long?? god i just want better numbers this time.....
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
2 X ICSI :BFN:
2 X FET :BFN:
Reprofit
3 X ICSI :BFP: Miscarried @ 5, 6 & 7 weeks baby5 baby5 baby5
NHS GO 2013 :pray: :pray:

Switzerland

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 4:10pm

Hello Ashley
Well done on joining me on the gonal F! I know how you feel about IUI being only one of the steps to IVF but I keep going back to the mantra - it only takes one!!! So please don't die of shock if it works!
As for abstaining - my Dr told me to abstain from when I got the ovolution shot - so 36 hours to 48 hours before. DH has read about this extensively (much more interested in HIS results than mine - must be a man thing) - some say better not to abstain for too long as the sperm might be old etc. I am constantly questioning everything the clinic tells me but I think it is better just to go with it and follow pretty much what they say - makes it less stressful for me. Would be interested to know what other people think though.
The last two times our results have been v different, leaving exactly the same gap so I think it depends on more than that. Last time was a much better sample and he was feeling run down and coldy so thought it would be bad somehow.
My Doctor this morning was funny - he said between now and Friday to "enjoy our normal love life"!!!
x

Reg: Sep 11th 2010

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 9:36pm

Hi grils,

I have not been on here for a while, but just wanted to say hi and say good luck to all of you.
Hope you are all well.

xxx
blowkiss
Namea

TTC since August 2008
Me (33): low AMH
DH (35): low [zx151] motility
Started IUI in October 2010
1st IUI didn't take. 2nd IUI abandoned cycle.
April 2011 IVF/ICSI :BFP:
[zx076] [zx076] seen on 18/05/11 xfingers
28/06/11 twins are growing well
bab21 and bab22

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 13th 2011, 9:55pm

Hi everyone. Hope you are all getting through the week okay. I'm feeling a lot happier than I was on Monday...could be something to do with the fact that it's my Birthday on Saturday :)

Elsie-glad to hear your scan went okay. Totally agree with you that it only takes one and sometimes some of us just need a little helping hand.

Ashley-the info our clinic gave us asks your DH/DP to abstain for 3-5 days before insem but for no more than 7 days. This is the same advice DH was given when giving a sample recently to check sperm count etc. Kind of spoils the mood a bit though if you suddnely realise that you can't [zx084]

Gumpy-I know what you mean about there being a lot of people on some of the other threads. I was hoping to join the cycle buddy chatter for April when I thought that I would be starting my IUI but realised that it is geared towards those having IVF. I love this thread though as we're a great group of girlies and everyone has been so supportive even though I have actually started my treatment yet.

Oh well, time for bed. I keep meaning to go to bed earlier to relax with a book and get more beauty sleep but keep getting distracted :sleeping:

xxx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Switzerland

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 10:56am

Morning everyone.
Happy Birthday for Saturday Wannabe!
Was feeling great yesterday but today feel totally wiped out and exhausted. Need a good night's sleep!
Have a good day girlies x

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 4:21pm

Thanks girls, yea i think we'l astain for 4-5 days as last time it was 21/2 and count was rubbish so we'l try s'thing different.

Also girls just out of interest can you tell me some washed sperm numbers in previous iui's and if you got a :BFP:

Happy b'day for sat wannabe!!

Elsie, hope u get that good nites sleep u need and r all set for iui on monday.

AFM i started gonal-f last nite and have my 1st scan next monday.

Good luck everyone. Do we have many people on the 2WW? Really hope and pray we get some :BFP:
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 4:39pm

Quick message for Ashley -

We didn't have sex for 9 days before IUI he got 120 million before wash and 5 million after wash with 69% motility . We had sex the morning after IUI and a couple of days after that. I though going from 120 m to 5 m was poor but it worked.

Good luck xx
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 6:44pm

I think we abstained for 3 days at last IUI, his count would usually be 20mill/ml (ish) but not very good motility, post wash it was 8mill and 95% good motility!

still we only got a BFN so not sure how useful that info is ?(

the wash does take out a lot of swimmers but that's not necessarily a bad thing as the 'rubbish' and poor sperm, who aren't up to the job, which are present in all samples will impede the good ones from getting to the egg

our clinic say abstain for 2-5 days, from what i've read the quality can be impaired after 5 days. i've read a lot about 'keeping it fresh' (lol) so we've been trying to bd 2-3 times per week all cycle

babydust to all in need - we gotta get another BFP on here soon....... Come on!!! starsmile
Laura

Reg: Mar 29th 2009

Children: DD - 11 from previous relationship

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 9:02pm

Hi all, hope you are well. My clinic recommends 2-5 days as well but the girls are right when they say that you have more slow, poor ones if you are up at 5 days (at least thats what the scientist told me).

Well, I am back on treatment, my follicle was gone on my scan and I started Clomid on Monday and had first injection on wed - a whopper 225 shot again. Back onto just a double dose frid and sund. I have a scan on Tuesday to see how things are going but if i'm not ready to inseminate by Thurs its an abandon as they are shut for 4 days over Easter and cant leave you that long. They gave me the choice whether to start this one as it may abandon but I didnt want to leave it as I would probably need to take Provera again to kick start my AF without any drugs this month, so its easier to keep things ticking over. My thinking is that even if I sont get to insemination, we can try ourselves over that weekend, so hopefully still get a shot. This is number 4 of 6 for us so i'm really keeping my fingers crossed because once we run out of cycles thats the end of the road for us.

Opal
x
:BFP: Age 37
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries
1st round IUI - January 11 :BFN:
2nd round IUI - Feb 11 - MC 4.5 weeks
3rd round IUI - Mar 11 - :BFN:
4th round IUI - Apr 11 - :BFP:

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 14th 2011, 10:06pm

Evening ladies wow it's been busy on here today!

Great to hear from you Opal. Can't believe you're onto your next cycle already! I really hope it works this time Hun.

I'm afraid I can't help on the sperm washing yet as I'm still an IUI virgi but is very interesting reading about every one elses experiences.

Well, I'll be glad when this week is over as it's been a long old slog since the cyst news on Monday. I'm itching to get going with iui and very jealous of you guys but I wish you all the luck in the world and have my fingers crossed that you all get your BFP!

xxx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Switzerland

Friday, April 15th 2011, 9:49am

Hello girls!
Hope the Gonal F goes well!
Ailly - you are our inspiration! Fingers crossed it will work for the rest of us too!
Opal - really hoping that you get in before Easter! B*gger they are closed for 4 days.
Wanabee - what are you planning for your birthday?

Off for scan in a mo - hopefully all ready for IUI Monday - :cat:

x

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Children: My 2 wonderful rescue dogs :)

Friday, April 15th 2011, 10:05am

Hi Guys - thanks for all the comments to stay on this chat thread even though I will be doing IVF next time ....... it means a lot to be able to carry on with this group - cant blieve we are up to 6 pages now !!

Well Im booked in for first IVF consult after the May Bank Holidays (I am in Cornwall for the week - yeah !) so will let you know how I get on.

My freind has just come forward saying she is pregnant with twins aafter IVF ...she hadnt told anybody what shee was going through ....not ssure I could bottle it up - I think I would mad without FZ to vent my frustrations out on .....

So when are peoples test dates ??
Me 33 - DH 38 - TTC 3 ish years - Unexplained

3 X IUI and 1 IVF BFN in 2011
Miracle Nat BFP - MC at 9 weeks
Second Funded IVF in 2012

Switzerland

Friday, April 15th 2011, 12:55pm

Gumpy - glad you already have a provisional date for IVF - I always feel better when there is something on the horizon.
Went for my scan today and have two follies but he thinks that only one is developing this round - it is currently 13mm so won't do the insemination on Monday but will scan instead. Will prob be Weds - so much for my plan to do it on my day off!
Have a good weekend all x

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 3:14pm

Another BFN

Sorry I can't report a BFP ladies... Another BFN for me.

As this was first cycle with scans, hcg and pessaries, I have been told to treat like my first one though (my cycle want watched enough before) so I guess, let's hope the next will be lucky.

We can afford 7 more goes, but tbh, think I will go mental if it takes that many! We also only have enough DS for 7 more cycles, so if it is successful on the 7th go, and we want another one later on, they can't guarantee the same donor will be available.

Anyone heard of anyone doing IVF with male factor issues? Sometimes I think it would just be easier to go straight for that, but our clinic doesn't advise it.

Onwards and upwards eh?!! Well I'll have to get some new lies ready for more treatment visits in the coming weeks no doubt!

Who's testing next? Good luck all! Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 5:58pm

Hi, Stace
Sorry it has not worked. To my knowledge,
IVF is possible for male factor but it depends on how severe it is. If the count is too low then they may offer ICSI rather than standard IVF - a good friend of mine had ICSI when her DH had low counts and sperm anti-bodies and she now has a lovely daughter as a result. Another very good friend went the IVF route as her DH had very low counts but on the day of EC his count was zero so they ended up having IVF with donor sperm and the result was a gorgeous little boy.

Here's hoping you get your BFP soon...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Children: My 2 wonderful rescue dogs :)

Monday, April 18th 2011, 7:52am

Stace,

So sorry that your IUI didnt work ....... let hope we get some good luck on this thread soon ........

If you can continue with IUI I would go with that option.

IVF is so much more intense in terms of mediction and egg collection/transfer etc etc .

7 more cycles is a lot ....im sure it will work out for you :)
Me 33 - DH 38 - TTC 3 ish years - Unexplained

3 X IUI and 1 IVF BFN in 2011
Miracle Nat BFP - MC at 9 weeks
Second Funded IVF in 2012

Monday, April 18th 2011, 2:36pm

So sorry Stace that ur iui didnt work this time. Hopefully next time hon.

Wannabe hope u had a fab birthday, did u do anything special??

Elsie, how did ur scan go today?? hope them wee follies hav grew over the w'end!!

AFM i had my scan this am and good news, i have 2 follies at 14mm on left ovary and 1 follie at 13mm on right. It is basically the exact same as my 1st scan last iui and i was ready for trigger shot 2 days later sooooo i am scheduled for my iui this friday (which is fantastic as both DH and I r off work) please please god let everything go to plan and we get some good spermies and get on that 2WW. I'm hoping that it wont drag in 2 much as i'm off work easther mon & tue then again for royal wedding and then for may day bank holiday :-) that will bring me into the last few days of 2WW :-) Also i am probably thinking way to far ahead and prob a bit negative but i have an appointment on 28th April at my private fertility clinic to sign consent forms to do ivf if this iui ends up a :BFN: they have been fantastic and they know the score that i'm getting iui on nhs atm and they have even agreed to let me have this next appointment and hold off payment until i no if this iui cycle has worked. It means i can jump straight ti ivf as im on short protocol and will be starting injections on day 2/3 of cycle. Anyway lets hope and pray i wont need it.

Good luck everyone and elsie just think if we both get :BFP: in this iui cycle we will only b a few days apart and we could b bump buddies :-) bring it on!!!
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Switzerland

Monday, April 18th 2011, 5:06pm

Hey
Yes everything crossed for us this time Ashley - am in exactly the same boat as you as we are going straight to short protocol IVF if this doesn't work. But probably better to say IT will! Would be fun to be bump buddies with you!
I went for scan this am (am off work hence lack of contact since) - as they don't want to overstim me I have the usual one follie ready to go. It was 19mm this am so I have the shot tonight and then the IUI 36 hours later so weds at 11.30!
QUestion - did your other halves go with you when you had the actual insemination?
So as of weds am officially on the 2ww. My dr is funny - he said this am that my lining is beautiful! Not sure how they make anything out on those to be honest but there you go! Hopefully this is auspicious!
Have a good evening and I will be back on line tomorrow x

United Kingdom

Monday, April 18th 2011, 9:30pm

Hi Stace. So sorry to hear your news. I was really hoping it had worked for you. Keep your chin up...you will get there in the end [zx033]

Elsie & Ashley-sounds like you girls are ticking along very nicely :) Hope you're both taking it easy.

Elsie I had that same question as I thought it would be nice to share the 'moment' (at least the first time we do it anyway) but (even though he's my husband) I still think I'll feel really embarrassed whoops3

AFM-I had a lovely birthday and thank you for all your birthday wishes :birthdaycake: I brought a hot air balloon flight for my Mum's 60th birthday back in Februray and managed to book the flight for Friday evening which was a nice birthday treat for me too. It was lovely end to what had been a rubbish day as I was feeling very down during the day. Can't explain why....sometime this journey is so hard and you feel so isolated :bawl:. I'm so glad that I've joined this forum and have you guys for support grouphug

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Monday, April 18th 2011, 10:24pm

Sorry to hear your cycle didnt work Stace - fingers crossed for the next one. x

Elsie, my other half came in for the first one as I was a bit apprehensive but he hasnt been to any of the others now that I know its not painful. They dont see anything, so its up to you what your comfortable with. I'm ususally pretty early for all my appointments and I find it quite interesting watching the other couples come and go - a lot of women come in for most of their appointments on their own. My other half works a fair bit away so its generally not practical for him to come with me.

I have my scan in the morning to see how i'm progressing, so we'll see what that brings - not getting my hopes up as I dont think I'll manage to get far enough on before they close for Easter.

Take care everyone.

Opal
x
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 9:51am

Elsie, thats gr8 that ur havin ur iui on wednesday, so just 2 days b4 me (if all goes 2 plan with mine xfingers ) We seem to be very similar elsie as my iui is scheduled for 11:30 on friday hehehe so we'l literally be 48 hrs apart!!

So ref ur question bout DH and insemination....... iv only had 1 iui but DH was there but not because we felt he needed to be there but simply because we live over an hr away from hospital and DH had never been 2 that hospital and of course needed some guidance on where to go etc to provide sample. Then we just had to wait 2 hrs until iui so we went and had breakfast and i did a bit of shopping lol. But in saying that DH said after last time that he would go on his own the next time and just leave off sample and go straight back to work and then i would just go up in time for iui just coz DH is a bit of a workaholic and taking time off work is just a real big deal for him (which to b honest kinna annoys me a little as i have soooo many more appointments and things to go through so when he complains bout taking a little time off work i cant help but get pissed off). And all that said and done if our next iui is this friday he will be there for insemination but just simply because we r both off work, which is great for me coz i would prefer him to be there if he can but if he wasn't i would totally b fine as well coz i no it is difficult to get time off work so i wouldnt worry elsie if ur DH isnt gonna b there for insemination.

So tell me elsie r u planning on starting short protocol on this next AF (which of course wont come coz ur gonna bet ur :BFP:) but is that the plan or r u gonna wait til the next AF??

Opal how did scan go today?? do u think ur gonna get it done b4 easter?? mayb we'l b on same day!!!
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Switzerland

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 10:59am

Hello!
It is all go on here the last few days. Yesterday was on my phone so didn't get a proper chance to read through everything.

Stace - really sorry to hear about your BFN. How are you feeling now?

Wannebemum - glad you had a nice bday. Hot air baloon sounds like a great lift (literally) - know what you mean about feeling isolated etc. It is so tiring too coming out of the 2WW as it takes up so much emotional energy.

I have been thinking about what you all said about DH and the insemination and I think I may let mine off the hook - he has loads on at work at the moment and the thought of him sitting there with me legs akimbo doesn't seem very sexy!
Did the shot last night and looking forward to getting tomorrow over with. Then the dreaded 2WW. Am feeling v tired today so going to call in sick and spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing tomorrow.

Hope all progressing well for a pre-Easter IUI for all of us at that stage!

xxx

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 12:53pm

Well, had my scan earlier - 1 at 1.2 and 1 at 1.1 - nowhere near big enough yet and only 1 day left so had another triple jag after appointment and back in tomorrow morning. If they've grown enough I get the trigger shot tomorrow and then insemination on Thurs and if they havent grown then I think its an abandon - so see what tomorrow brings.

Opal
Polycycstic Ovaries

Switzerland

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 1:05pm

xfingers Opal
everything crossed you get a growth spurt in time for pre-Easter treatment

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 2:53pm

Elsie-that's great news. I hope all goes well tomorrow and we're all here to help you through the 2ww. [zx127]

Opal-sending lots of follie growing vibes your way. Keeping my fingers crossed that they've had a growth spurt by te time you go for your scan tomorrow xfingers

Well, I came back to my desk today after lunch to be warned by a colleague, who knows my situation, that oen of the other ladies has been showing her scan pictures around as she's just annouced that she's 3 months pregnant. No sooner does one go on maternity leave, another one pops up. I don't mean to sound bitter and I am pleased for her but it just seems that everyone else can do the one thing that I can't :sadface:. I just wish I didn't have this silly cyst and could get on with my treatment. I feel in limbo at the moment and seem to be wishing my lofe away.

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Switzerland

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 3:07pm

Thanks Wannebemum - really appreciate the support of all you fellow FZ ladies!
I am feeling terrible today - really exhausted. Think it must be the ovitrelle shot.
It really does feel like everyone else gets pregnant at the drop of a hat (even though logically I know this is not the case - look at all of us on here for example!) and it is hard when others are shouting it from the rooftops. Although I read that it is better to be around other pregnant people than avoid them - as it might rub off on you!
It is horrible that you can't proceed because of the cyst - hope your PMA picks up soon. Think of it in terms of a "break", time to prepare yourself mentally and your time will come - am sure of it.
lots of love x

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 9:30am

Opal.... i really hope ur scan goes well this morn and u can get iui tomor xfingers

Wannabe..... i no wot u mean feeling like ur in limbo and wishing ur life away, i hav been feeling like that for so long now as well. it is so hard but time does seem to fly in and im sure that cyst will b gone in no time and u can start the iui road. Also hon from wot iv read the most success stories from iui seem to be couples with unexplained fertility problems so hopefully ul get ur :BFP: on ur 1st cycle xfingers

Elsie.... good luck hon on ur iui this morn, i will be thinking bout u at 11:30 [zx127] Let me no how it goes and how ur dh sperm numbers were post wash. I have a really good feeling that this will b ur time hon.

AFM i went for another scan this am and i hav 2 follies at 18mm and 1 follie at 17mm so i was warned about the risks of triplets and also ohss as my left ovary has alot of small follicles so really hoping that doesnt happen. I'm to take pregnyl injection tonight and then IUI is at 11:30 on friday : D
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Switzerland

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 5:04pm

Opal - let us know how you get on with your scan.

Thanks for your good wishes Ashley - today went ok although was really nervous this time. Last chance and all that I think. We got 17mio post wash so the Dr (and us!) was pleased. So now is just a waiting game! Have been taking it easy - had a snooze this pm and now watching crappy telly!

Best of luck with your injection this evening! Do you have to go for another scan or is that it until Friday?

Thinking of you [zx127] x

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 5:41pm

Well, had my scan and barely any response from the day before despite the triple injection :-( so they have given me another double injection today and i've to go in again at 9 tomorrow for a further scan. I cant go ahead with IUI now this month but if they've grown sufficiently tomorrow and I havent now overstimmed then I will still get the trigger to release my eggs so that we can try normally - which to be fair should be ok as ours isnt a male factor problem, its the fact i dont ovulate. Another update to follow.....

Everthing crossed for both of you Ashley and Elsie.

Opal
x
Polycycstic Ovaries

Switzerland

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 8:02pm

:sadface: Opal - rubbish re the response and no chance of IUI going ahead. Would be nice if you could get a "natural" BFP out of this round though :thumbsup:
Just watched "Goodbye Liz " Corrie Special and was blubbing! Oh dear!

x

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 8:03am

Hi all!

Thanks for your wishes, I'm feeling okay actually. My main issue with the last few cycles was that no one was monitoring me... I never even had any scans to check I had follies! They just let me monitor using fertility monitor and then I never even had an hcg shot to make sure I ovulated, so the three cycles as far as I'm concerned were just a waste of our time and energy, as the nhs covered these, and the cost of the DS, but for all I know, The timing was off each time!!

I feel better since they found I'm Pcos and have another cyst as now there's a reason!

I'm taking a break for a month or so to recoup some money for our next cycle, and also to work on my own cycle using meds and acupuncture, as currently I ovulate really late in my cycle and so my cons thinks I have a lack of progesterone which you obv need to make your womb ready for a pregnancy.

Then hopefully, we'll have more luck!

Hope everyone has a lovely long weekend! I think you're right Elsie, it should speed up the 2ww for you.

Fingers crossed for a bcp or three on here very soon!!!

Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Switzerland

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 9:05am

Hello all,

I was having PG symptoms yesterday already which I know is impossible so am going to ignore all signs on 2WW!

Have a nice Easter weekend all and hoping the Easter bunny brings us lots of Spring fertility!

x

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 9:34am

Hi Ladies

Opal-so sorry to hear that those follies are taking their time. These bank holidays are lovely but they do get in the way of treatment don't they. Fingers crossed you get a natural :BFP:

Elsie-glad yesterday went okay. Now you've just got to try to relax and keep your mind off of the 2ww (probably easier said than done) :)

Ashley-hope everything goes okay today. Will be thinking of you

Stace-your plan to take a break for a month and work on your cycle sounds like a good idea. I've heard that alternative therapies can work wonders. Keep us posted with how it's going.

AFM-apart from having a grotty cold I think my PMA is coming back slowly but surely. DH and I are hoping to have a couple of days of the long weekend completely to ourselves to just chill out and enjoy eachothers company as we always seem to be rushing around.

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Switzerland

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 3:09pm

Ashley
Will be thinking of you tomorrow at 11.30!!! [zx127]
x

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 4:44pm

Cheers girls, i will let u all no how iui goes tomoro and please girls keep them fingers crossed and say a little prayer that i get alot better sperm sample than last time. :pray:

I took 5000iu of pregnyl last nite and it feckin hurt doin it, couldnt believe it as they never hurt b4. I was feeling ovulation pains like alot was goin on down there yesterday but now im feeling nothing which now im all paranoid that maybe iv already ovulated and we will miss the egg coz iui isnt till tomor at 11:30 (which will be 36 hrs after trigger) how do we know that we dont ovulate earlier than 36 hours?? god now im all anxious, i guess i need to stop thinking and over analysing it.

Have a fab easter break girls and hopefully the weather will keep up 4 us!!!
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 9:43pm

Hi Ladies

hugs to all in need :cuddle

Ashley - my clinic also do insem 36hrs after HCG shot, that is right. i get pains 3-4 days before i ov rather than ov day. don't forget that the egg survives for a day or so anyway.....its hard not to overanalyse everything though isn't it? xfingers for you tomorrow

Hope things went well today Opal?

xfingers Elsie

Keep in touch Stace!

hope you have a great weekend Wannabemum

Well i am happydance for a change!! had my CD5 scan yesterday and all was good, we are doing menopur (just 75mg) + clomid this month, they've struggled to fit in my CD11 scan on Tuesday as they are so busy. I just know the insem appointments are going to be full up too so who knows when they'll squeeze me in??
Every month i have this issue of DP getting time off work for the sample......has caused major arguments and stress and he was starting to say again that he wouldn't be able to get time off work. But he has spoken to his boss today and didn't go into detail as such but he's said not to worry :thumbsup: I'm so chuffed!
Laura

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 8:26am

Hi all,

Good to hear things are going well Lollygirl - my other half has issues with time off for sample delivery as well but its because he works so far away and he does early shifts all the time, so would miss most of his shift to come back to deliver it. We''ve been really lucky so far in that every one of our sample days has fallen either on a day off for him or on his later start but we have a contingency plan in place for an early shift.... it involves me driving all the way to his work and waiting...... Its easier for me because I made my work aware of everything and they are happy to give me as much time as I need in the few months that we will be doing this whereas although his manager knows and was very supportive (you can have as much time as you need), I dont think he realised just how much it would affect them if the sample day was to fall on an early shift and then it would be a different story.

Hope everything went ok with the insemination Ashley. Strangley enough, my clinic do it 24hrs later - its weird how they all have differences, maybe its a different drug they use.

Well my scan went ok yesterday, I had a 1.5 and 2 at 1.3 so they told me to wait another 24hrs then take the trigger shot, I've just taken that at 8am so we are supposed to start trying tomorrow. They are hopiing that the trigger shot will bring them up the last bit if the 24hr wait hasnt, so hopefully I will have 3 releasing. 2ww starts here....

Opal
Polycycstic Ovaries

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 10:47am

I am totally gutted girls......i went to get iui and got as far as getting undressed and waiting on the bed then for the nurse to get the sample from the lab and go through the details and begin to read the sperm numbers out to me, she went through the count/motility etc b4 wash then turned the page to see that NOT 1 SPERM surruved the wash. So obviously there was no iui yesterday, i just had to get dressed and leave. I never felt as cheated or something in my like. Dont understand how the lab couldnt of told them that rather than bring sample up and let me get undressed thinking it was all goin ahead. Even if there had of been 1 million left at least it wouldnt of been totally pointless going up there and injecting and spraying these last few weeks. I just dont understand wot it wrong that dh sa seem to b getting worse every time even though he had quit smoking and been taking vits for over a year. i just feel like givin up. Now i just dont no where we stand in regards ivf, i mean if dh provides a sample like that on the day does that mean we couldnt do ivf?? im so confused. How could none of then survived the wash.
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 3:32pm

about to commence iui

hey girlies

i've been reading some of the prev posts and it looks like this is the place i'm supposed to be. After 5 years in the fertility rollercoaster i've been told on thursday that i'm now suitable for iui. : D My cons retired last august and his replacement just up and left in jan so i didn't have a cons until april and shes a locum so i don't know whether i'm coming or going. I had my scan and bloods taken on thursday, and if everything ok i've to go to clinic on tuesday for my provera prescription - as i have pcos and don't have periods naturally. How long does it take for af to arrive when taking provera? i've had it once before but it was so long ago i can't remember. DH sample was good 135 million/ml - even the nurse was shocked so i'm convinved if i can just get one egg to release then i'll be pg. i'd love a baby but i'm not scared b the thought of twins or triplets - the more the merrier but DH says i'm getting ahead of myself.

The plan for me is cd2-6 clomid 50mg (even though 100mg didn't touch me) then gonal-f 75 on cd5,7 and 9. my clinic get you back 24hrs after hcg shot (apparently it used to be 36 hrs but studies show pg rates rise when shot given at 24hrs - they have done this since nov 2010 and the rates have doubled!!)

Is this the standard beginers protocol? I don't know a lot about it i'm afraid.

Ashley - i don't know what to say, [zx028] i think that was very cruel the lab should have contacted the nurse so she could contact you. I would speak to the cons about it. as if you're not going through enough. big hugs :cuddle

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 7:54pm

Ashley - so sorry to hear about your result. The only option I can think of (if you were to go for IVF/ICSI) would be to discuss first with your DH and then with your clinic whether there is any possibility of donor sperm on standby in case the count is zero again. A large number of men cannot accept the option though as they do not know whether they would be able to accept a child that is not genetically theirs. Otherwise ask whether there is any way of determining why your DH's results have dropped so drastically and whether there is any way to rectify it. Remember that it takes about 3-6 months to see the negative effect on sperm count so if he was ill 3-6 months ago with high fever etc you would only see the drop in count now. Huge hugs, Hun and hope that there will be an acceptable way forward for you...

Gizzi - welcome to IUI. We are a small and relatively quiet group but I hope that you will get lots of support from us here.
With regards to Provera and AF - you normally take them for a set number of days and then about 3-5 days after you stop AF will arrive - for me it was always 3 days after the last pill. I too have PCOS and Clomid alone did nothing for me at the start but the combination of Clomid and Gonal F got me to produce follies twice and then it stopped working so I had ovarian drilling and continued with Clomid and Gonal F and finally got my BFP. My clinic did insem 36 hours after the shot but I know a number of clinics do the 24 hour protocol.
Good luck, Hun and keep us updated step by step as you go through your treatment...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Saturday, April 23rd 2011, 11:23pm

:easter3: thanks rene, i hope it happens - i just need one egg!!!! :easter5:

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

Monday, April 25th 2011, 1:16pm

((((Ashley))))

how awful for you, i agree that you're clinic haven't handled it very well at all..........i really feel for you.

did they discuss possible next steps? there will be options for you i'm sure

not sure if you've already done this but you could try asking 'sperm scientist' on her thread, i got some really good advice from her
Laura

Monday, April 25th 2011, 1:17pm

Welcome Lynn :) good luck and babydust!
Laura

United Kingdom

Monday, April 25th 2011, 6:18pm

Hi ladies, hope you've all had a great long weekend.
Ashley-I've just seen yourpost & I'm so sorry hun. I can't believe they called you in when they knew you wouldn't be able to do it! Maybe the possibility of using donor sperm is something you need to discuss with your DH.

Opal-keeping my fingers crossed for you

Hi & welcome to our little group Lynn. I'm afraid u can't offer much guidance on IUI treatment as I've yet to start my first cycle yet. I really hope it works for you though :)

AFM-well I let my emotions get the better of me at a family BBQ on Friday at the in-laws :(
A couple who are friends of the in -laws came along & they know that we've had trouble TTC. The husband of the couple made a comment that 'there's time for us yet' when talking about my SIL being pregnant & then he went on to say that they know someone who was TTC for 13 yrs before it worked. I so didn't want to talk about it & freaked out. All I could think of was getting away from the table and going inside. I felt so stupid for getting upset! Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like that sometimes!?!?

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wannabemum82" (Apr 25th 2011, 6:20pm)

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests