You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 3:55pm

Just popping in to say hi and to see how you all are. :D

Grumpy - Jeeezzzooo 4 follies thats great you got the go ahead, no chance at my clinic. That must surley up the odds big time ... triplets then :snigger:

OPal xfingers hope its 3rd time lucky for u hun.xx

Hows lolly ?? :?:

Wanabemum - not long until you start hopefully a chrissy baba for u xx
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 4:33pm

Hi guys, hope all is well on this beautiful day (it's a shame I'm stuck in work though :sadface: ).

Gumpy, I'm so excited for you. Can't believe they let you go ahead but it means you've got a fantastic chance of getting your :BFP:!!! Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Ally, I've just seen your signature and it made me smile when I saw that you got your :BFP: after your first IUI cycle. It's made me even more excited about my first cycle in April now ;) . Hope all is going well.

AFM-I took the next step yesterday and organised delivery of my meds in preparation for my 1st IUI in April. Fingers crossed AF won't arrive until the weekend that I get back from my holiday and then it will be all systems go smile2

xx

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Children: My 2 wonderful rescue dogs :)

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 5:06pm

I know - I waS SOOOOOOOO sure that they were going to cancel the cycle .....but nope they explained that there was a much increased chance of multiples and asked if I wanted to go ahead and I just said Yes. They do seem to be quite good at the Priory but they do have a very hight twins rate for treatments - 24.8 % of all pregnancies achieved there are twins.

My mum is convinced Im going to have twins one way or aanother so maybe thaats a good omen that it will work this time.

I do know someone who got triplets from IUI too !!!!
Me 33 - DH 38 - TTC 3 ish years - Unexplained

3 X IUI and 1 IVF BFN in 2011
Miracle Nat BFP - MC at 9 weeks
Second Funded IVF in 2012

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 5:10pm

Hey Ailly

I just looked at your signbiture too - did you really have to wait from June 09 until December 10 for IUI .....that soo long. At the Priory it was only about 8 weeks to wait and thats NHS too ! I cant believe the difference . I bet the BFP has made it all worthwhile though - Congats

How are u feeling ?

Gumpy .

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 7:46pm

Yip Grumpy 16 months wait in Glasgow and 24 month wait for IVF shocking eh NHS. We did go for a private consultation at another clinic because of the wait but they said they only want 1 follie MAX or it would get abandoned so because I ovulate anyway it was the same odds as conceiving naturally no point and they also said keep trying naturally. Well it never bloody worked naturally

Im still so over the moon so remember it can happen. x
Ailly

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 10:38am

I know you guys have had to wait to get treatment but at least it's been on the NHS. We haven't been offered anything so it's turning out to be an expensive journey for us. I just really hope IUI works as I don't think we'll be able to afford IVF if it comes to that xfingers

Hope everything has gone well today Gumpy. Take it easy and put your feet up. Lots of babydust coming your way.

Thanks for the little ray of hope Ally. We've been ttc naturally for 3 yrs now without a sniff of a BFP. It's so frustrating, especially when they can't find anything wrong with either of us :sadface:

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 12:03pm

Ailly - obviously good things come to those who wait :)

Yup - I am very lucky to have been able to get traetment on the NHS - I have been mde redunadant twice now whilst TTC and my hubbie once and we just wouldnt be able to affod to pay for treatment at the monment - so we would have to save up....

Fingers crossed I will get the job I interviewed for this morning .........

Busy day - now onto the priory for the insem procedure .....looking forward to a very gentle walk in the sunshinewith DH when we get home ......helps to get the cramping under control I find. Roll on the weekend !!

Take Care Girlies xxxx

Reg: Mar 29th 2009

Children: DD - 11 from previous relationship

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 12:40pm

Ok - so i'm in the same position as you Gumpy, went this morning for 2nd scan and I have a 2.0mm, 1.6mm, 1.4 and 1.3 - all of which could potentially go. The nurse thought the decision would be to abandon but her boss said the decision was mine as they are aware how difficult it is to get me to this point - talk about being put on the spot... I was in on my own so I didnt know what to do, so I have said yes. I had my trigger at mid-day and my insemination is tomorrow at 12.15.

Opal
:BFP: Age 37
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries
1st round IUI - January 11 :BFN:
2nd round IUI - Feb 11 - MC 4.5 weeks
3rd round IUI - Mar 11 - :BFN:
4th round IUI - Apr 11 - :BFP:

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 7:45pm

Opal - Your follies sound an ideal size and amount to me , glad you went with it. :thumbsup:

WannabeM - Sorry, I am very greatful to NHS for paying saving us £1k why were u not offered it on NHS ? :O

Grumpy - Is that u all nicely inseminated was the sperm a good result ? ?(
Ailly

Friday, March 25th 2011, 8:17am

Hey guys

All done ! so its the 2WW now .....they said that DH sperm result was best yet !! so im really really hoping its going to be third time lucky ......

Opal - Im glad that you went for it .......the risks of multimples may be higher but certainly not to the degree that it is with IVF so I wouldnt worry too much. Hope the inseminations goes ok .....thats wierd as mine was at 12.15 too.... let us know how you get on .....

I decided to take today off work - i leave due to redundancy next thursday anyway so its nhot likwe they can get upset with me !! - Im setting up on my own ......eek .......as got some consultancy work contracted for a few days a week and ive decided to hit IKEA to get all the stuff I need for the home office ......retail therepy allwayas takes your mind off things ......

Take Care Girlies

United Kingdom

Friday, March 25th 2011, 10:47am

Hi guys

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you Gumpy. It sounds like everything went smootly yesterday and taking today off is definitely a good idea :)

Opal, hope today goes well. I can't believe both you and Gumpy got several perfect follies! Sounds like it could be third time lucky for you both woohoo

Ailly, we weren't offered any treatment on the NHS as we have unexplained infertility and I'm under 30. I don't know how they decide who can have it free and who can't, or whether the postcode lottery means our PCT doesn't have a very big budget to be able to offer many people free treatment. It's certainly an expensive business when you're self funded ;( but we're saving as much as we can.

Well, I hope everyone has some lovely things planned for the weekend. Only one week to go until our holiday now smile2

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 1:48pm

Well, insemination went fine. Had my follow up scan yesterday and all 4 follicles are gone, although I do have a smaller one left so will need a scan before comencing the next cycle if this one doesnt work. I've to call the hospital on the 14th April if my cycle hasnt started.

How are you doing Gumpy? I normally get sore breasts about 24hrs after the trigger shot but I havent had any symptoms yet - how about you? Hope your last couple of days at work are going ok - thats exciting about setting up on your own!

Have a great holiday Wannabemum, not long till you start your first cycle :happy:

Opal
x
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 2:54pm

Hi ladies

Hope you all had a fab weekend in the sunshine :cheeers:

Glad to hear everything went okay Opal. Now jus the 2WW to get through. I really hope it works for both of you.

I've got a while to wait yet for my cycle as AF is not due until the beginning of the 2nd week of April but that's okay as I'll be able to relax and unwind on holiday beforehand :)

A quick question fo all you IUI girls...did your DH's/DP's come along to your scans or just for the insem? Also, I've heard lots of people (including my nurse) say that one of the stimming drugs can sting when it's being injected, have you guys had this problem at all? I'm really worried about doing the injections but hopefully after the first go I'll feel better about it :)

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 5:38pm

Wannabemum - Its personal choice if u want u r DH there or not, I was jabbing for 17 days so I had about 5 scans to check their growth and your in and out in minutes I was able to walk to my clinic in 10 mins so I really nipped out from work I felt that there was no point in DH being there and him taking so much time off work, again its your choice.

The jags are fine I worried for a year but its actually not sore yes it may sting when u push the plunger (push it slowly) but its only seconds.

As for insemination I did not let DH in the room, Its just like a smear but afterward he came into the room I got dressed in and I was a little overwelmed by it all and glad he was there to drive home. I also took the next day off work.

Hope it helps

Good luck to the 2ww girlies I will keep checking in on u.
Ailly

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 7:45pm

Hi wannebemum, Ailly is right. its a personal thing - i was usually half an hour early for all my appointments to allow time to park so i've seen quite a few couples come and go - a lot of the time the female attends by themselves (i usually do). I took DP along for 1st insemination as he was off work and I was a bit apprehensive but he hasnt been to the other 2. Once I realised there wasnt much to it I was happy to go on my own - no sense in us both taking time of work.

DP did most of my injections because i'm scared of needles, but I had one morning where I had no choice but to do it myself and I managed it. If you push it in too quick it will sting but you judge that on the first one and take the speed from that. Trust me - you'll be fine with it.

Opal
x
Polycycstic Ovaries

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 9:36am

Hi Opal - i have all my fingers and toes crossed for you ....

Wannabemum - dont worry aboiut the injections - once you have done a few you just get used to it and the needles are so fine they dont hurt - its just more uncomfortablee whilst actually injecting the liquid.

I worked about 5 mons away from the Priory where I had treatment so like Ailly I just nipped out from work for scans etc.

My first insem I went alone - and regretted it as it hurt alot ....dont let it put you off though as my problems are a small cervix and cerfvical scarring and they really stuggled to get the catheter inserted. .......

So I took him along to the following 2 insems but these were much easier as they ordered special really fine catheters in for me. Really the insem procedure is a piece of cake.

I would recomend having the following day off if you can do this without affecting work too much ,,,,,,,,really its just to geet you back in the right mindset for the 2WW................

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 10:15am

Hi ladies

Thanks for all your comments. :) I think I'll still take DH to the first insem as he wants to feel included. Hopefully it won't be too painful. I've had a hycosy procedure done where they inject dye through a catherter and the nurse has already said that that procedure is more painful as they have to keep the catherter in for much longer to inject the dye than they do when they do the insem.

Also, thanks for the injection advice. Injection training is all well and good but injecting a squish cushion thing is not quite the same as using your own leg or tummy ;(.

Sending lots of babydust to you Opal and Gumpy. Keep us updated :)

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 11:09am

HeyWannabe Mum - dont be put off by my experience - i think i am an exeption - I was booked in for an HSG and when after half an hour the consultant still hadnt managed to insert the catheter - thats when we realised that i might have some cerivical issues. up until then we had no idea why i couldnt concieve. so in a way it was a relief to know that i had some problems - wierd reallly.

We didnt have any injection training ....the only thing I would say is definately inject into the tmmy.......................

I tried my thigh once - as my friend said thats where she did it ....and becasue there is more muscle there it definately hurt. If you pinch up a roll of fat (quite easy for me at the moment!) then the needle into the tummy is the best.....

Im sure you will be absolutely fine .

As for the 2WW - I dont hve any symptoms at all ....Im one week in now and its gone quick as I have a lot going on at the moment. Its my last day at work today - at 12.00 we are all going for lunch at All Bar One in birmingham. Never have I felt like a few glasses of red wine more ....

Hows things going on your 2WW Opal?? How you feeling?

Gumpy ....

Chrissie

Reg: Mar 17th 2011

Monday, April 4th 2011, 6:02pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. At the minute I've gone for all my tests and have unexplained infertility. Everything seems to be working well...but nothing's happening! [zx098] [zx099]

So I'm trying to weigh up if I should have IVF or IUI. I go for my review in June, to talk to the consultant about it. I'm wondering why you all chose to use IUI. I can see it's been successful for some of you - Congrats! Also, does anyone know if my IUI fails, can I also have a free round of IVF on the NHS or is only one round of any fertility treatment allowed? :girl_sigh:
TTC 5 years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF - June 2012
:BFN:

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, April 4th 2011, 7:49pm

Hi, Chrissie, and welcome to FZ
I can't speak from experience of the NHS but from my years here I have found that what treatment/number of cycles you get on the NHS varies according to your local authority - the girls refer to it as the post-code lottery. There are some areas where they will pay for up to 3 IUIs AND up to 3 IVF cycles while in others they will only fund one or two cycles in total regardless of what you choose. Others will only offer IVF and nothing else and you will have to pay for IUI yourself if you want to try it first.

I think that many choose IUI as it is less invasive, less intensive than IVF and, if you are self-funding, it costs less than IVF.
For me, as I am not in UK, the major factor was cost. I could either fund one cycle of IVF or several cycles of IUI and I did not want an all or nothing single shot at treatment. I have no regrets about the choice I made - as you can see it resulted in my little boy. If I were to do it again though I would opt for IVF - not because I don't have faith in IUI but because I am older now and my chances of success with IUI are much lower than when I was TTC before.

Good luck, Chrissie, with whatever you choose...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 8:53am

Hi Chrissie,

I fall within Worcestershire PCT and they offer 3 X IUI's and then2 x IVF on the nhs which is qquite a lot. I lived in Dudley before and the pct there only offers 1 X IVF.

I found out about Worcestershire PCT's offering by reading up the Trust Fertility Funding Guidance on the web. It was a docuement which outlined all the funding rules like age, how long trying to concieve, BMI, previous children etc - but all specific to Worcestershire PCT.

Which PCT trust do you fall under ? as I can have a look for you.

Its also worth looking at the ferility clinics cose to you to see what the private costs for IUI and IVF are and also compare their success rates and waiting lists. You can use the HFEA website wwhich publishes their live birth sucess rates. ~For the priory it also outlined the waiting list for private and nhs patients.

I would adive you to choose a clinic fairly close if you can as with IUI you do have to go in for quite a lot of scans so will need to taake time out from work.

Hope that helps..... happy to answer other questions as i did a lot of research about it all as found it helped reduce my stress about the whole situation !!

Switzerland

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 10:37am

Hello Ladies
I am joining you on the IUI chat this round. Have not been on here a while - we have had 2 IUI attempts this last year but now am scheduled for third and final go this month. Just waiting for AF to arrive and will start injecting day 3.
Am on lowest dosage of GONAL F and last two times have only produced one follicle and expecting same this time around.
Elsie x

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 11:37am

Welcome back, Elsie. Here's hoping it will be third time lucky for you!!!

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 12:57pm

Welcome Elsie - greeat to have someone else on the thread !!

Thats three of us on this thread going though our thiurd IUI attempt - wouldnt be great if was third time lucky for all !!!!!!!

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 1:18pm

Welcome Chrissie and Elsie.

Hi Gumpy, I'm good. Only symptom I have is slightly swollen achy breasts which could be an indicator either way. My 2 weeks are up on Thursday, although my Hosp recommends another week before testing - cant see me waiting that long though. Howz you - is it wednesday for you?

Opal
x
Polycycstic Ovaries

Switzerland

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 1:22pm

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes "third time lucky" does have a nice ring to it doesn't it?
Everything crossed for all of us! x

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 2:57pm

Hi Opal,

My test day is Thursday too ....... the clinic allways says you can test from 14 days past insem procedure - but I ovulate early and so am not due AF until 16 or 17 days post insem procedure, so I will probably try to wait until the weekend if I can.

I really do hope that we get some positive results on this thread soon !!!

Switzerland

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 3:00pm

Good luck to those testing tomorrow.
I am already off schedule as my period is late this month (typical!) - it is on its way I can feel it! Was hoping to get started on the Gonal F tomorrow (day 3) but will have to get back in touch with my clinic now and rescedule the scan scheduled for next week. I am interested that I only get a min dosage of the drugs and the last two times I have only had one follicle ready to go. Surely if they gave me more I would have a better chance? Does anyone know if this is because I have PCOS and the risk of hyper-stimulation is greater?
x

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:18pm

Hi, Elsie
There are 2 reasons that I can think of offhand for not giving you higher doses of stims;
1) yes there is a risk of OHSS and with PCOS it is said to be a higher risk than for those who do not have this problem
2) They want to minimise the risk of multiples. As much as many of us think that we would not have a problem with twins or triplets the truth is that the risks to both you and baby are higher with multiple pregnancies than with singles...
Hope AF comes soon so that you can get started on your next cycle...

Chrissie

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 5:36pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Rene and Gumpy, thanks for your advice. I am attending RFC Royal victoria hospital, Belfast at present. I'll try looking at the Trust Fertility Funding Guidance site to find out what I'm entitlerd to.

Worcestershire sound like they offer a lot! I've looked at the HFEA website. I live just outside Belfast so should be able to travel there easily. If I go privately, I think it's very expensive in Northern Ireland. So would like to hope attempts on NHS will work.

Did you all explain to your boss what was happening? I'm a bit concerned that she'll wonder why I'm taking time off here and there.
TTC 5 years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF - June 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 6:04pm

I was open and honest with my colleagues about the fact that I was having treatment. A number of ladies prefer not to be as they feel there would be extra pressure (everyone asking "did it work?" each cycle) but for me it was the easiest option as it meant that my colleagues would accomodate me if my lunch break went over time or if I needed to run out at an odd time during my shift for a scan...

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Children: Please!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 6th 2011, 8:40pm

Back on the 2ww...

Hi ladies,

Long time no speak, good to see so many of you on the 2ww!

Since our 3rd funded cycle was not successful, the cons has 'tightened up on cycle control' for our 1st self-funded iui so I was actually scanned for follies this time from day 15 (I ovulate late in my cycle and have a short luteal phase), given an hcg shot and am on pessaries too... Amazing what they do when you're paying for it all eh?!!!

Feeling much more optimistic about this cycle, I'm not normally superstitious, but my iui was on mother's day this time... That must count for something!!

Good luck to all the testers tomorrow!
I have a blood test on friday and then test day will be a week Sunday... Going away this weekend so that will hopefully make me forget!

How's everyone getting on?

Chrissie, I have only told my hr director as I can't be doing with telling my boss... She'd be panicking about maternity cover etc, and like others have said I don't want the constant 'how did it go...?' from everyone! She has been really good... Getting me out of meetings etc when I needed to.

Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years
6 x IUI all :BFN:

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.
M/c imminent :sniff:

Switzerland

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 8:30am

Thanks for the advise Rene and hello to everyone else!
I am pleased to say that my period came this am so all sytems go!

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 12:20pm

:BFN: :BFN: I managed to wait until official test day ....... and pretty dissapointed .....

Going to spend the afternoon tucked up on the sofa with a hot water bottle some crisps and a slushy movie

This was out last IUI attempt so will be moving on to IVF now .....which I find totally scarey

Im sure i will get my head round it .....and get my PMA back soon but just for today - I feel like wallowing .......

Will phone the clinic as soon as AF arrives so that I can book the next step.

Switzerland

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 12:23pm

Gumpy

Sorry to hear your news. Take some time to wallow, tuck yourself up on the sofa for the duration. No need to make any decisions today.

Will keep an eye out for you again when you get your PMA back - I have no doubt that you will soon.

X

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 12:32pm

Oh Grumpy thats terrible news so sorry hun. Its Fri tomoz so u can take it easy over the wkend. Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ailly

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 1:45pm

Thanks Guys XXX

Just come back from a cuppa with my freind - and feel a bit better already ......

now have 2 rom coms from Blockbuster, some chocolate nd some haribo's to get through !!

Switzerland

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 3:45pm

Gumpy
Glad to hear you are feeling better for having seen your friend.
Take care
x

Chrissie

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 4:21pm

So sorry to hear about this disappointment, Gumpy. It's not easy, this whole thing! Treat yourself to lots of chocolates etc in the meantime. Maybe IVF is the way to go for you - Hang on in there! :chocs:
TTC 5 years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF - June 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chrissie" (Apr 7th 2011, 4:25pm)

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:37pm

I'm really so sorry to hear that it didn't work Gumpy :-(
you always sound so positive about things, i also think that IVF sounds really scary but something tells me you will get your head around the idea and find the strength to go for it. xfingers it works first time

I have been AWOL for a good few weeks now, we've had a little holiday which was lovely and i didn't go online once while we were away! its been good to put it all (nearly) out of my mind for a while. now i'm back on the norethisterone and the plan is for AF to arrive next weekend and we'll be back on it - with clomid + menopur this time

welcome [zx021] to Chrissie and Elsie and anyone else i've missed.

sounds promising Stace thumbup good luck

how's it going Opal? :dust:
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Switzerland

Friday, April 8th 2011, 8:41am

Gumpy - hope you are feeling better today?
Thanks for the welcome Lollygirl! Sounds like you have had a nice break - we do need to get away from it all when we can don't we?
I am starting injections tonight - am not too worried about it as I only do 37.5 of Gonal F so it doesn't make me feel too bad. We are off to a wedding tomorrow though so not looking forward to dealing with it alcohol free!
x

United Kingdom

Friday, April 8th 2011, 3:47pm

Gosh it's getting very busy on here all of a sudden. Sorry I haven't been on for a while as DH & I have been having a well deserved holiday.

Gumpy I was so sorry to hear that IUI hasn't worked for you. Hope you're doing ok?

Welcome Chrissie. Sounds like you've been given the same decision to make as me. I'm under Southampton PCT and they haven't offered us any treatment on the NHS which is dissapointing. However I think I would have opted to try IUI first even if it was free as it's less stressful. However if we end up having to try IVF I'm not sure how we'll afford it.

Hi Elsie. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is third time lucky for you.

Hope you had a good holiday Lollygirl and feel well rested!

AFM-look like AF is on the way as planned. Actually, that leads me to a question. I have to call my clinic on the 1st day of AF to book my baseline scan for CD2/CD3 but I just wondered what you girls class as your first day? Is it the first day of red blood? Ive had brown spotting since yesterday (it's quite normal for me to have 2-3 days before AF truly arrives). Do I wait for it to start properly before calling them? Probably seems silly but I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right to give my 1st IUI the best chance of working.

Xxx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Friday, April 8th 2011, 10:44pm

I'm sorry to hear that your cycle didnt work Gumpy, it must be daunting moving on to IVF but at least its not a give up - i'm sure it'll happen for you.

Well my period started tonight so my 3rd round hasnt worked either. I was kind of expecting it though, I was having more cycle symptoms than pregnancy symptoms. Doesnt make it any easier though does it? My clinic isnt open over weekends so I'll need to call Monday and arrange a scan as I still had a follicle on my last one, post IUI. Off we go again - I have 6 funded cycles as I dont qualify for IVF, however its funny how many that seemed at the start and now it seems so few as we're starting number 4...

Opal
x
Polycycstic Ovaries

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Saturday, April 9th 2011, 1:51pm

((((((hugs))))))) Opal

hoping next one is the charm xfingers
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Monday, April 11th 2011, 8:37am

Opal - I am so so sorry to hear that your IUI didnt work either .....but glad that you are onto the next cycle soon. Thats great that you get another few goes ......Im sure it will happen for you. i wish I could have mnore IUI - but if I self fund now it I will loose out on my funded IVF ......

I have to ring the Priory this morning and find out what the next stage is .....I have a week in cornall booked over Easter so will have to start after that but hopefully not too long after that !!

Wannabe Mum - the clinic allways told me to count day one as the first day of full flow - not spotting.

PS I know I am moving on to IVF eventually but this is such a good group now - can i stay ???

Reg: Aug 26th 2010

Monday, April 11th 2011, 9:40am

Hi girls, i have been popping into this thread on and off these past few months so thought i better say hi again to every1 and good luck to all.

Gumpy and Opal i am so sorry ur iui didnt work this time, it really is such a hard journey.

AFM i am down regulating atm and waiting for af to come any day now and then i start on gonal-f injections. This will be my 2nd iui and if this fails then we are moving straight onto ivf. DH sperm numbers were very very low on r last iui (only 2 mill post wash) so we said we'd give it 1 more try and hope to get better numbers but im not holding out much hope at all coz i just hav my mind set that we need ivf to get pregnant.
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
2 X ICSI :BFN:
2 X FET :BFN:
Reprofit
3 X ICSI :BFP: Miscarried @ 5, 6 & 7 weeks baby5 baby5 baby5
NHS GO 2013 :pray: :pray:

Monday, April 11th 2011, 12:02pm

Cant believe it - I phoned the Priory and am booked in on 4th May for my IVF Chat with nurses - and then I start injections on Day 21.

I thought it was going to be quite a wait for our appointment so a bit shocked and cant quite take it in that I will be starting again so soon !!

Gumpy X

United Kingdom

Monday, April 11th 2011, 1:10pm

Hi guys
On my way back to work after my baseline scan feeling very disappointed :(
I have a cyst on my left ovary that is 4.5cm (is that big???). Therefore I can't start my first IUI and I'm really worried about the cyst as I've never had one on a scan before.

So sorry to hear it didn't work opal. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works 4th time round.

Hi Ashley. Hope AF Arrives soon so you can get started.

Gumpy-please stay! You've been a great help to me when I have silly questions. You have been so supportive to me and the other IUI girls. Great news about the IVF. Lots and lots of luck that it works first time!

xxx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Monday, April 11th 2011, 3:15pm

Thanks WannabeMum ........all the IVF chat threads are really busy and I want to stay in touch with those on here to see how you all get on ....

Sorry to hear about your cyst .....im not sure if its big or not - all I know is that there is a risk of cyst developing due to the medication given for IUI and IVF but they can allways try you on different medication next time so dont worry too much ......

Gump XX

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Monday, April 11th 2011, 6:16pm

Hi, Ashley and welcome back. Here's hoping that you get a pleasant surprise at the end of this cycle.

Gumpy - that is quick! Not long and you will be on your IVF journey. Fingers crossed!

Wannabe: the cyst is larger than they like to see for treatment but generally they will wait to see if it disappears on its own at that size. Most docs will not do anything about the cyst unless it is well over 6cm or it is causing you discomfort. That said, you may now find that you have discomfort because you are aware of it. Have the mentioned any follow-up assessment scans?

Opal, I can empathise with how few cycles 6 now seems. When I started treatment I said that I would only try 3 times and then give up but I found that I just could not and it took 7 cycles (of which 2 were abandoned) for me to get my BFP. Hopefully this cycle will be the last one that you need, though. Good luck, Hun.

To everyone else: Hi! And how are you all getting on?

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests