You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 22nd 2011

Children: one gorgeous IUI daughter

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 5:33pm

Hi everyone-hope you are all OK, esp those on the dreaded :2ww
Blue - I know how you feel, I feel exactly the same this weekend. In my head I've given up and already moved onto the next cycle. It's always so much easier to give advice to others than to take it yourself but I'd say to you don't give up. AF hasn't come you and you could get a lovely surprise tomorrow xfingers I know you said you had some bleeding after insem so maybe this dark brown stuff is from that. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow xxx

Marcie - hope 2ww is ok for you. Really hope it's 3rd time lucky for you xfingers
Lynn - hope you're doing ok too :)

Wannabe and Fairydust - I know how you feel about pregnancy announcements! I think if anyone close to me announced a pregnancy at the moment it would just about finish me off. But then I feel so guilty coz why shouldn't they have what I so badly want and I should know that better than anyone. It's a hard one. Hopefully it will all be easier for us when we have baby on board :)

This weekend has been awful. At least when i was working I was busy. Now I just spend all the time worrying and getting upset it hasn't worked. I've tried hard to tell myself that it will probably take more then one go but it's hard not to get lost in your dreams and I'm dreading them all coming crashing down just before Christmas when we're all supposed to be happy. It doesn't help that I've spent most of the weekend at home alone. I think this is the first time I've missed having a partner to go through all of this with ;( Well, I'm going to go Christmas shopping tomorrow to keep my mind off of things.

babydust

38, single
1st donor IUI Nov '11 :BFN: 2nd donor IUI March/April '12 :BFP:
A gorgeous IUI daughter born Dec 2012 - my little miracle
Planning to try for a sibling in 2015 :)

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 7:05pm

Ladies, Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to those who are testing in the next few days.

Sarah, Hun - solo treatment it not easy but it will be so worthwhile. I have occasionally missed having a partner to share this with but most of the time I am really glad that I did this alone...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Nov 18th 2011

Children: None yet

Monday, December 19th 2011, 2:31am

Hi there ladies! I have had a busy weekend. I started yesterday with going to the RE for my jab of Hcg, so officially started my 2WW. Then out and finished up my Christmas shopping. DH finished up his today while I made the house sparkling clean in preparation of the in-laws in 2 days. Good way to keep my mind off everything!

I am glad to see you ladies holding up your 2WW all the way to the end! No AF for you both, so I am crossing my fingers and toes for you both! Praying for BFP's. Blue huni do not worry about the spotting. I read somewhere that can happen with implantion. I hope that is what it was!!!! So excited for you all. I will be checking in again tomorrow!

Marcie
Me: 39-regular cycles no tubal blockages
DH: 45-super counts
TTC since Sep 2009
1st IUI Sep 2011 canceled because I ovulated on my own
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011- 2WW started Nov 21 2011
3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011 xfingers xfingers

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 6th 2009

Children: 14 yr old DD & 14 month old DS

Monday, December 19th 2011, 9:07am

:thumbdown:
Well I saw that coming. I could have saved the test but I did it anyway. BFN. Af bless 'her' is as regular as clockwork, and didn't let me down. Had I have waited half an hour 'She' would have told me all I needed to know.
So mission cheering up 'ol Blue Eyes here is starting in earnest. Looking to the future and not the incredibly rubbish 5 weeks that I/we have just endured.
Over the next week, I shall therefore be feeding my face with as much pate, soft boiled eggs, red wine, champagne, nuts, and brandy soaked Christmas pud as I can get my hands on. ( I will be eating for a few of you that will be unable to indulge obviously!)
Today however I am going to nip into travel agents, and grab some brochures on ridiculously hot places, and talk hubby into possibly booking something and I am going to take little lady to the pictures to go and see Arthur Christmas. And I'm even going to throw a bit more booze onto Christmas cake so that I can ice it in the next few days.
Distraction and a few giggles is what is needed for the next few days whilst this sinks in.
Four years without a proper break for all of us is rather taking its toll and maybe we need to make time to enjoy the journey rather than leap blindly towards the goal.
We've got some major decisions ahead of us now, and I'd rather make them on a beach with a suntan thank you!!

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for each and every one of you still on the dreaded 2ww that there is some good news to come from somewhere. :goodluck:

I will be jumping ship in the new year to the IVF crowd but will nip in from time to time to see how your all doing.
Wannabe...shove up on that couch my dear....there's another bum to squeeze on!
xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Monday, December 19th 2011, 11:00am

Oh Blue...I'm so, so sorry. I didn't have chance to pop on here yesterday to wish you good luck and I was so disappointed to read your news this morning. Life can be so very unfair! It might take a couple of days to sink in (I know it always does for me) but hopefully you'll be able to get that our of the way before Christmas and can indulge yourself in all the festivities.....including all of the wonderful yummy things you mentioned above.

Try not to think about IVF just now and enjoy Christmas and New Year. A holiday somewhere warm sounds like a good idea and will give you and DH time to talk about what you want to do next. However, when you've made your decision there will be a space here on the IVF couch for you :)

Chin up honey...we will get there!!!

Sarah-good luck for you today. I hope you get your BFP.

Hope all you other ladies had a fab weekend and are all set for Christmas.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Monday, December 19th 2011, 5:03pm

I'm so sorry Blue, I hope you are concentrating on all the things you have to look forward to. A holiday sound lovely :) Enjoy Christmas as well - to the full!!! IVF is an exciting step and the success rates are so much higher than with IUI.
I don't hold out much hope for myself. Have been getting AF cramps since yesterday. I was so convinced yesterday that it would start overnight but nothing yet. Still 4 days to wait before I can test :pullhair:

38, single

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Monday, December 19th 2011, 11:06pm

So sorry blue. Big hugs.

Sarah I hope it isn't af but I know how u feel. I've been cramping with brown dc since Sunday. My af due today but got a bfn. Clinic want me to test on 22 but I assumed a positive result would come up on day period due. I hate limbo land. I wish we knew one way or the other.

Xxx

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 12:26am

Gizzi - Test again on 22nd, there's still hope til then. Spotting doesn't mean anything, just try to stay positive although I know how hard that is. I know exactly what you mean about limbo land - I just want to know now either way so I can relax. I can't test before Friday though as I might get a false positive.
Blue - I hope you've been looking through holiday brochures and thinking to the future :)

38, single

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 8:27pm

Pretty sure [zx245] is here. Have been brown spotting since this afternoon :bawl: Did a test and it is positive but very faint - so I'm taking it that it's still the ovitrelle in my system as I only did my last luteal support injection 8 days ago, I know it should be a lot darker than that for 16DPO. Oh well, I suppose it was asking a lot to be successful at my first go of IUI - but you do dream :sniff: I don't know when I'll be able to have another go as I'm worried about money, but hopefully earlyish next year xfingers

38, single

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "scarlett1251" (Dec 21st 2011, 8:31pm)

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 5:48pm

Oh Fairydust..I'm so sorry hun. I hope you're ok and that DH is giving you lots of tlc. Did you test again today??? I'm hoping you got a false negative yesterday.

Sarah-don't write it off yet. I used Ovitrelle and was told that it shouldn't stay in your system for too long but I know everyone's different. Hopefully when you test again tomorrow that 2nd line will still be there. Keep us posted on how you get on.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 7:01pm

Thanks...but it's definitely all over for me. [zx245] is now in full flow and am in a lot of pain. Got a :BFN: today too so I know there's absolutely no chance bigcloud
Even though I knew this would probably be the outcome as it's only my first go, it's still so devastating.

Hope everyone else is OK and good luck to those testing in the next few days

38, single

United Kingdom

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 9:40am

So sorry Sarah. It's such a shame it hasn't worked for you this time but please don't give up hope. Take some time out and try to enjoy Christmas. Fingers crossed 2012 will be a wonderful year for all of us.

Merry Christmas to all the other IUI ladies. I'll be popping in now and again next year to see how you're all getting on.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 6th 2009

Children: 14 yr old DD & 14 month old DS

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 4:50pm

Oh Sarah, I am gutted for you. I was so hoping that when I scrolled down I was going to see a different result. Knowing how many times it sometimes takes doesn't make it any easier, please be kind to yourself. Sending a hug, because we all need one sometimes :hugs:
Try to forget the commercial aspect of Christmas, and enjoy some time with your family, and who knows, next year it may all be a very different story. We hope xx

Gizzi.....Did you test again?? I'm praying for some light at the end of the tunnel here girl?

Wannabe, how are you getting along my lovely?? You all super relaxed for a christmas drowned in mulled wine?
I don't finish work until 1pm tomorrow, but am going to drive straight home, and walk to the pub to indulge in some Christmas eve drinkies, just because I can!!

A.F.M....I've been an absolute wreck to be honest. My body is all over the place, and my boobs still really hurt. Af is hanging around much longer than usual, and I'm fed up of the reminder now!!
I'm still absolutely gutted, and all of the holiday brochures in the world don't seem to distract me. But I'll suck it up and soldier on, like we always do, ay girls ?!
I'm not going to bother with too many Christmas wishes as I'm sure that most of us, would rather have different gifts than the ones we all have, But I am going to wish all of you a wonderful coming new year, and hope that dreams really do come true.
Huge thank you's to all of you, for your support in my cycle, I honestly think my sanity was saved by you all.
I will ensure that I raise a glass to you all on Sunday Morning newyear5
Chat soon
Blue xx

Tuesday, December 27th 2011, 3:24am

Oh Ladies I am so sorry for all of you! I was so hoping for some BFP news for Christmas. Blue I see you will be joining Wannabe for IVF. Hope you still pop in to let us know how you are getting on. Sarah I am sure this is expensive for you and I hope you will be able to try again very soon. Gizzi did you test again?

AFM... I was out of town for Christmas. My mobile would not allow me to post thru it. I had a fabulous time with family. I had to do some explaining when I would not drink. The holidays have really taken the mind off the 2WW for the most part. Although the acne, aching breasts and lower back ache is a telling sign of AF, so I am not super hopeful on this end. Still praying though, I am not totally giving up hope!

I hope all you girls had a wonderful Christmas and I will be checking in again before the new year.

Marcie
TTC since Sep 2009
3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011 xfingers xfingers

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 5:43am

Well I was starting to get hopeful again, but AF arrived this morning 3 days late.:sniff: I tried to call the RE this morning and they were closed for New Year's. I left a message for them since they do carry office weekend hours. Now to wait to see if I move on for another go in Jan or if we take a month off and try again in Feb. I am so disappointed. I will be participating with everyone else for New Year celebrating after all. I could use a bit a cheer about now. Well off to cuddle with DH. We both need it this month!

newyear5 newyear1

Marcie
TTC since Sep 2009
3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 4:27pm

I'm sorry Marcie, my AF was late too and it does make you hopeful just to be even more disappointed when it actually does come :bawl: Don't give up hope though, the odds are bound to go in your favour sooner or later. New year, new start.
My Christmas was Ok, probably better than I thought it would be and I've been trying to look to the future. I'm going to start another IUI March or April. I've been thinking long and hard about whether to have a 2nd go at IUI or move straight onto IVF, after weighing everything up it does seem to make more sense for me to have another go or two at IUI first. Hopefully will have enough money by then.

The positives from my 1st IUI were:
  • I responded very well to a low dose of Menopur ( I was worried about this due to my low AMH - 5.1)
  • I didn't have any really bad side effects to the meds
  • Everything seemed to work absolutely fine (apart from slight over stimulation).

What I will do differently for 2nd IUI:
  • Have a Hycosy before the next cycle to check my tubes are open (would have had this before but it's £350 and the consultant said there was no reason to believe they weren't open).
  • Change sperm donor ( reluctantly, but although he has good sperm count he had no proven fertility and it's been weighing on my mind whether there is a problem there.)
  • Have the cycle at a much less stressful time (my 2ww was at one of the busiest times at school where I teach - Christmas plays, exams etc.).

Sorry for rambling on, I guess I'm just trying to get it clear in my own mind. Haven't spoken to the clinic yet due to Christmas closing but hopefully will on Tuesday.

Hope you all have the best new year - we have a lot to look forward to in 2012 - I'm sure so many of us will have a bump or even a baby when we see in 2013 :happy: newyear1

38, single

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, January 1st 2012, 8:09am

Hi and welcome to 2012
The brand new sparkly thread for IUI chat can be found here: IUI Chat 2012

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!