You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 18th 2011

Children: None yet

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 5:22pm

Hi Everyone! My name is Marcie and I am a newbie. I have been reading your site for the last few days. I am afraid to get my hopes up on for this IUI since I know it can take 3 to 4 IUI cycles to work. I just do not want to be terribly sad. I am used to the dissapointment every month. I do not dwell on it and just move on for another go. DH is very concerned about multiples or none. I did 5 days of Clomid and then 6 days of Follistim and I had 3 follies 2 of them 20mm and one 15mm. DH's counts are that of a superhero : D so he is concerned about either having 3 or none if it does not work. Bless him tho because he is truly surprised every month when my mensies come on. My feeling is that if/when it happens it will just be one, but if we are blessed with more then we will be just as happy. I am happy to hear jtvn's success story! That is very encouraging! We are not good at waiting so this 2WW is going to be very difficult. I do not have a test in the house so that will help me wait, but with everyone asking me "Do you feel different?" the pressure is building. Anyhow, thanks for letting me share. I will be reading. Wishing the best for everyone here! We all deserve our miracle!

Marcie

Me: 39-regular cycles no tubal blockages
DH: 45-super counts
TTC since Sep 2009
1st IUI Sep 2011 canceled because I ovulated on my own
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011- 2WW started Nov 21 2011 xfingers

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 5:37pm

Welcome, Marcie
Glad that you have joined us. These ladies will help to keep you sane during the wait... Or maybe help you go insane... Sometimes I'm not sure which...
Joking... The ladies are really supportive and I am sure that by joining the crew you will find that the 2WW is a little easier to bear...
Good luck

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 5:43pm

Rene,
Maybe you can help me out on this part if not a problem. I was doing opk testing an at 5pm on Nov 13 I picked up my surge. On Nov 14 I took another test an my ferilty monitior said I was at peak an the day before it didn't pick that up. I used 3 different test an the smile face one was the one that gave me a smilie face on Sunday at 5pm. So I called the re office the next day an was told to have my blood drawn yesterday.. When do you think I Ovulate. I've been sitting here on couch crying not understanding why so low this darn time. Could I had O on day 15 or 16 an the test was done to early?

I hope you can give me a mind of easy right now as i feel like this cycle is a bust. Thanks for helping me..
Sly, if the test was done exactly 7 days after ovulation then a result of 12 is... well... sorry to say, not great. My clinic indicated that they preferred a level above 20, 15 was acceptable and anything above 10 indicated that you _may_ have ovulated but is not conclusive while anything below 10 indicated no ovulation. If the test was a bit early then there is still a chance that the level would have gone up after that and may yet have been above 15 (or even 20) by 7 days after ovulation and if the test was done late then... well... I actually have no idea what the result should be ?(
Are you positive that the test was done 7 days after ovulation? Not 7 days after surge, mind, as - if counting from surge - it should be 9 days after...
Back trying again with IUI

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 6:09pm

Hi, Hun
I have sent you a PM

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Tuesday, November 22nd 2011, 6:40pm

Hi, Hun
I have sent you a PM

Done...Thanks
recheck yours as sent something back... :) :cuddle

Reg: Jul 22nd 2011

Children: one gorgeous IUI daughter

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 6:30pm

Had my baseline scan today and the nurse said everything looked normal :)
Just given myself my first suprecur injection which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and didn't hurt at all :thumbsup:
Hoping everything else goes smoothly until my next scan on 30th xfingers

38, single
1st donor IUI Nov '11 :BFN: 2nd donor IUI March/April '12 :BFP:
A gorgeous IUI daughter born Dec 2012 - my little miracle
Planning to try for a sibling in 2015 :)

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 6th 2009

Children: 14 yr old DD & 14 month old DS

Friday, November 25th 2011, 11:26am

Hi all...
Hello Marcie, Rene is right...sanity /insanity is where we're at here!! LOL But welcome non the less.
And Hey Sarah, Glad the injection wasn't too bad. Your very brave, I can't do it myself. Dh has to do mine. I hope that both of you IUI's go well.
As For Me, Follies STILL not really putting in any effort so am upping my meds to both injections daily. I luckily had my 'favourite' nurse today, So I didn't feel such a plank when I had a little cry. This cycle is sooo different to last time.
So I am cancelling my work for the day. I am cancelling all weekend plans and taking some time out for me. I have had possibly THE most stressful week, and this will no doubt be taking it's toll on my drug fuelled body. I am going all out on rest so that all energy is going inwards.....Cancelling is NOT an option!!!
I hope that you all have nice things planned for the weekend??
Blue x

Saturday, November 26th 2011, 12:20am

Thanks for the welcome Renee and Baby Blue Eyes! So far so good on the 2WW. Both DH and I are handling it beautifully, but it has only been 4 days and we still have 10 days to go. I needed to kill some vacation time at work so I took this week to just relax and be with family. That made things a bit easier. Sarah I expected the shots to be much worse and was pleasantly surprised when I did not even feel it. Good thing because DH is not the sort to help me out with that. I am the brave one (LOL) he can barely watch. The one time he did he stated "Men would never do that!", so Baby Blue Eyes you are very fortunate.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009

Monday, November 28th 2011, 11:11am

Thought let everyone know another darn :BFN: once again. :tears: We believe reason it didn't work this time was my DH was sick for 3 weeks with a upper respiratory infection plus acute boncitoius so he was taking antibiotics to fight it but we still tried anyways as he said didn't want too miss no matter he felt like crap. So now we're hopeing for a :BFP: for Christmas. That is all me an DH is really wanting for Christmas is a :BFP: as in January we go back to our RE an have a talk but me & DH done had a long talk an going to ask the RE too let us try another 4 months on our own with meds alone with TI.. Reason we want to do that as it will be winter time & us having to travel like 3 hrs to see RE, me an DH thought it be best to ask to try on our own with meds with TI until winter is over. :blizzard: So we're hopeing our RE will understand where we're coming from.

So everyone may you have a xmas68 & newyear3 as for now will not be on here. Going to just try an relax no matter on meds, get ready for the holiday season..

:rose:
SLYFOXY.. babydust babydust :sticky:

Good Luck everyone as I hope you all don't get crushed like we did..

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SlyFoxy" (Nov 28th 2011, 11:13am)

United Kingdom

Monday, November 28th 2011, 4:42pm

Hi all....Had my scan this morning.....Cancelling is NOT going to happen. Yey Yey and YEY :thumbsup2:
I am super de duper, totally relieved.
Weekend was as lovely as I could muster. I did the closest thing to nothing all weekend and rest plus drugs have finally kicked in. Not as amazing as originally wished but still going in the right direction and nurse is not thinking of cancelling now.
Dh came with me today, as much needed support and to hear his little yelp when we finally saw a bigger follie was funny. Bless him. So I am taking lovely nurses word to the extreme and am blagging the most relaxing week I can get. No stress. Nothing. I am turning off mobile phone at every given opportunity and will be milking the 'rest' excuse to the full.
Wait till I get my BFP....I'm going to be a nightmare!!!!
I just wanted to share my huge smile with you all. :cheese:
Wishing you all a fantastic week
Blue xx

Reg: Aug 10th 2011

Monday, November 28th 2011, 7:06pm

HI Girls

I want to share with u all a success story. I got my :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: on saturday morning after our first attempt at IUI we are soooooo happy we have waited nearly 5 years for this...

so there you go girls i hope this gives u all some hope and im wishing u all the luck in world xxx

Monday, November 28th 2011, 7:11pm

Wow Lisa! That is excellent news - congrats :thumbsup:

It does give me hope and I'm just going through my first cycle of IUI and have convinced myself that the chances are very low and that I shouldn't get excited. But you show it can be done :happy:

Hope all goes well for you.

38, single

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Monday, November 28th 2011, 8:56pm

Congratulations Lisa...that's brilliant news and it'll certainly help the other ladies going through IUI at the moment with their pma!

It looks like our journey will be taking a different turn...down the IVF route, but I'll be popping in now and again to see how you're all getting on. Fingers crossed for some more good news in here very soon.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

United Kingdom

Monday, November 28th 2011, 9:51pm

Wow Lisa, :congrats:
I am thrilled to hear such fantastic news. And thank you for boosting our PMA

Baby Blue Eyes xx

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 2:09am

Lisa!!! Simply fabulous news. Wishing you the best of luck.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 9:25am

Hi all.....just wondering how long everyone else has jabbed for before insem?
Although it feels like forever, I've been jabbing since the 15th and as I write I am waiting for more drugs to continue jabbing. BORING!
My belly is a wonderful shade of bruised & I am moving into expanding waistbands earlier than I first thought! It's either the meds or the fact that I have pretty much been the dog's cushion for the last few days that my normal metabolism has near on stopped!!
And relaxing is also so very very boring. I mean..only a normal person would actually spend the time wisely and study for up coming exam..nope, not me, I couldn't help myself but clean the house from top to bottom yesterday and I am rather looking forward to a day at work tomorrow, just to take my mind off of Friday Morning's scan. It's very hard to stare at college work when my brain see's every number in millimetres!
AND I am turning into a follicle bore?! Luckily, not only do I have you lovely ladies, now that DH has experienced the scans, he knows what I'm on about...he told me to enjoy a lie in today...all the rest I can get to grow these bad boys!
After last weeks shenanigans, and the serious dip in growth, I think he'd happily chain me to the bed... :snigger: For rest purposes only you understand!!!

How's everyone else doing??

Marcie...you managing to keep up the PMA?? I Hope that this week is flying by for you.

Scarlett...How did your scan go sweetie?

Blue xx

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 9:44am

Yay, just had my first post stim scan and have two lead follies 1.4 and 1.6-lining also doing nicely :-) next scan on fri and should be ready for iui on Monday. So happy it's all going so smoothly do far! Hope everyone else is ok.

38, single

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 11:37pm

Hi Baby Blue Eyes unfortunately AF arrived this morning :sniff:. DH and I very dissapointed, but I kept in mind that it takes 3 or 4 IUI cycles for it to take most of the time. I go back to the RE Friday for the icky scan and start all over. For the last 2 IUI cycles I have done clomid for 5 days and then shots 6 days. This last one was perfect, I did 100mg clomid 5 days and 6 days follistim pen dialed out to 125. I ended up with 3 follies 2 were 20mm and the last 15mm. My lining was at a thickness of 11. I hope this month is as productive! I usually do not bruise from the shots. I think I did a couple times though. I am in the states so not sure if our measurements are any different. After lots of internet browsing this was the best site that I found for being up to date and relevant to me so I joined in.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011- 2WW started Nov 21 2011
3rd IUI Dec 2011

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 9:21am

Marcie, I'm so sorry it hasn't worked for you this time round. As you say you have to have several goes to give IUI the best possible chance of working so don't give up hope yet.

Blue-I know you've been stimming for a while but you're almost there hun! The most I stimmed for was 7 days on alternative days. I was given the lowest does as well but my follies seem to love the stuff and respond very quickly. However, I think I'm the minority and most ladies on here who are having/have had IUI tend to take a couple of weeks of stimss before they are ready for insem. Fingers crossed you see some lovely follies on your scan tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Sarah-it looks like your follies are coming along nicely. I hope you scan goes well tomorrow too.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 10:36pm

Oh Marcie, I'm sorry that this cycle hasn't worked. I know that all of the 'stats' go on about average cycles, but it doesn't ease the disappointment that follows upon the realisation that you have to 'try again' . I hope that your DH has plenty of cuddles for the pair of you.
I think our measurements system is about the same but I am finding that meds and treatment varies SO much...I've never had the clomid myself, I was started on Burserelin 0.25 iu daily, then 0.75 Gonal F alternate days...1st time I was doing fab, But this time life has gotten in the way and everything has taken much longer. I've now been on daily jabs of both since last friday....I've been having needles for 16 days..arrghh!.
Anyway, Fingers crossed for tomorrow, and that they'll give me a date for insem xfingers

Wannabe...Thanks hun, I know I'm not the first and sure as heck won't be the last but this time I feel like it's taking forever!! My Ovaries are aching!! Anyhooo How are YOU doing my lovely?

And Sarah...all going well for me tomorrow, it looks like we'll be cycling together....we can gee each other on through those wobbly moments :) (well...I know I'm going to have wobbly moments anyway!!)
x

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 12:32am

Thanks Wannabe and Blue for the support. It is dissapointing but not discouraging. DH has lots of cuddles for us. He is good that way. We are ready to start again.

Blue and Sarah I hope you get your insemination dates tomorrow! Positive vibes for you both! And Wannabe I hope your new IVF route is progressing as well.

Check in again on you ladies tomorrow!

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
3rd IUI Dec 2011

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 10:37am

Marcie-sorry it has not worked for you this time-best of luck for next cycle xfingers xfingers
Blue- how did it go? Have you got your insem date?

Had my second post stim scan today and I have 3 follies greater than 18mm and about another 3 on 16mm, so...they will go ahead with 3 but no more than that. By Monday they may have grown so likelihood is I will have to have cyst aspiration. Has anyone else had this and were you sedated?

Anyway, not quite what I hoped but all ok really. All set for Monday just need to ring this afternoon for exact time :)

38, single

United Kingdom

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 5:28pm

Hey Ladies....I'm booked in for Monday for insem @ 11am. Bit excited, bit nervous, bit jolly well scared...!!
Scan was ok.
Well...at the risk of only finding the cloud, and no silver lining, I feel a bit flat about it all.
I have 1 ripe follicle. Yep 1, measuring 20mm. We have just the 1 little chance of this working. I was so hoping that I was going to have the 2 that was seen on Monday doing nicely, but one has shrunk back to 7mm.....apparently this is quite normal.
3 Weeks of injections and 1 bloody follicle....Lets just hope that it has a nice healthy egg inside...
Sigh. I KNOW that yes....I still have one, and it only takes one egg and one sperm, and yes, I know that will all of the ups and downs of this month, I should be really thankful that I actually have that one lovely follicle....still one chance....I'm just hoping that DH produces some top notch swimmers this month...I need all of the help I can get!

Just a bit overwhelmed today girls.....You know how it goes

Sarah, Hun, I don't know anything about aspiration...But I truly hope that come Monday, everything will be fine. Good Luck xfingers

I've got a manic weekend ahead, and my Dad has invited himself round for dinner tonight, so I'd better jolly well get on with it! Working all day tomorrow and Christmas shopping on Sunday...I'm trying to get it over & done with asap! I'll check back in when I can.
Massive hugs all round

Blue x

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 6:41pm

I am booked in for insem at 10.30am on Monday now so will be thinking of you Blue - I should be just about finished by the time you go in :) I wish i could give you one of my follicles!
Just injected last menopur and then last suprecur tomorrow eve before my ovitrelle at 10.30pm. Have managed to get the whole day off work now on the Monday because of the cyst aspiration so that's good - it's not easy as I'm a teacher.
Well I am quite excited now but also nervous as I know I'm about to approach the 2ww which I know I will find really hard.

38, single

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 10:59pm

Blue and Sarah I will be crossing my fingers for you ladies on Monday! Praying for BFP's for you both! I had my icky scan this moring. RE wants to duplicate last month so we are doing everythng the same. I started my 100mg of Clomid pills today. I will receive my stimms on Tuesday to start them on Wednesday. I have my next scan on the 11th. Sarah I do not know anything about aspiration either. Hoping for the best for you.

Have a grand weekend all!

Marcie
TTC since Sep 2009
3rd IUI Dec 2011

United Kingdom

Saturday, December 3rd 2011, 4:59pm

Brilliant news Sarah and Blue. I'll be thinking of both of you on monday. I hope the aspiration goes ok Sarah. I've not had it done before but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Congratulations on getting started again so soon Scarlett. Finger crossed it works for you this time hun. Did some more shopping today so not much left to do. Think I'll do the tree next weekend though.

Hope you all have a fab weekend!

Well I've been focusing myself on Christmas for the time being...shopping, card writing and work do's!

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

Monday, December 5th 2011, 2:06pm

Well....That's me on the 2ww.... xfingers
I'm feeling erm, ok I think.
I went into full on meltdown on Saturday, I properly threw a full blown temper tantrum, and cried at everyone. Sobbed actually, and they were all more than a little surprised at the normally very stable, jovial 'Blue' having a hissy fit. I bet they all felt sorry for DH that day !! That's 3 weeks on hormone injections for you :snigger:
But now that it's all over and one with this month I can finally recover former personality and start concentrating on Christmas and how best to avoid problematic family !! LOL
I had a rather strange experience today. I had a team of 3 in with me, Plus Hubby and they were scanning whilst inserting catheter. We were having our own little party in the treatment room I can tell you! DH was on top form keeping our lovely nurses amused. And he didn't bat an eyelid when I had to start jiggling about so that my darn cervix would come out of hiding. Amazing. This was the man that point blank refused to come in with me last time!
Not a fantastic sample from my man either....more than a bit sluggish, but we got some. We only need 1 right girls?!
So fingers crossed that it works. Otherwise I'm jumping ship to the IVF crowd. Not that it's going to come to that hey.............

Sarah, how was your first time hun? You ok? Was thinking of you too. Lets hope that we can both boost morale on this board and share some good news in the coming weeks.
Wannabe, glad you've found things to keep you busy, and Christmas do's....make the most of 'em girl, we're hoping that next year your missing out ;)
Marcie, Good luck on this next cycle, keep us posted on your sanity, as I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure I've just wrapped mine up, and stuck a bow on top!
Anyone heard from Fairydust?? I hope she's ok??
I'll be back with my wobbly moments soon no doubt! Hugs all round
Blue x

Monday, December 5th 2011, 3:17pm

Well there's no turning back now :) I'm now on 2ww too xfingers

Had a scan just before the insemination and I had just ovulated from 2 follies. He said you could tell I was literally ovulating at that time as the fluid was still around the follicle area and that disperses in around 20 mins. So that still left the 2 biggest follies which he said were my best ones and another couple of little ones. 3 is supposed to be max so nearly had to have the aspiration but he didn't want to get rid of my two best chances so let me go ahead with 4 :) He did mention quads a few times but I know the likelihood of that is very small and if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant I'll deal with it then.
Blue - glad you had a good morning too. I only had the doctor and one nurse in the room with me so not quite so much of an audience! When's your test day? Mine is 23/12 so at least I'll know for Christmas

Here's hoping that we all get the best Christmas present in the world :2ww

38, single

Reg: May 31st 2011

Monday, December 5th 2011, 3:39pm

hey ladies

am here :happy: ive being keeping upto date with all your posts am feeling fine just trying to lose the weight so i can start round 2 of iui :)

babay blue eyes fingers crossed for you huni plenty of rest and am sure everything will work out for you

sarah fingers crossed for you huni 4 is alot i was told i was only allowed 2 maximum xxx

xxxxx

[zx127] fairydust :cuddle

United Kingdom

Monday, December 5th 2011, 6:12pm

Sarah ~
It never fails to surprise me on how different each clinic's protocol is. Get you with your 4 follies....lets hope that it's not a litter you end up with mind !!! But 4 lovely chances of it working. I was told a max of three also? Lucky you to have a lovely Dr.
I wasn't scanned at all last time at insem, just straight in with catheter & contents, this time they didn't even mention follie, just how far up they were putting catheter?! They did use a different catheter this time than last, and I've had far less cramping than before.
I had to have jab @ 9pm Sat for an 11.00 insem? Again Very different to you?!
My test day is exactly 14 days after insem, so can test on 19th apparently. If I make it that long! Impatient is my middle name
Oh well...as long as we get the outcome that we are praying for I'm not going to split hairs! Here's hoping for a special prezzie this christmas xmas64
Good luck thumbup ....
Oh, Fairydust..glad your ok. Sorry to hear you are on horrid weight watch especially over the festive period. Hopefully it'll fly off so that you can start again x

United Kingdom

Monday, December 5th 2011, 6:43pm

Congratulations on being PUPO Sarah and Blue!!! I hope you're both getting lots of rest.

Blue-I was never scanned for follies prior to insem and it often crossed my mind whether I may have already ovulated before the insem and that it was too late. How come you had so many people in the room? Like me, I'm sure you're used to an audience by now :snigger:

Fairydust-glad you're still around hun. I hope you can get started again soon.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

Monday, December 5th 2011, 8:23pm

Wannabe..Well, to be honest, I dunno!
I had 1 scanning, 1 doing insem, 1 watching, then had bird in blue nip in with the goods + Me & DH!! It was a Christmas party all to ourselves!!
Lovely nurse came out and saw me in waiting room, and explained that they were going to be trying something different with me, if I was happy with it of course. Then walked in to a room full. In a weird way it wasn't as bad as last time. Kinda nice really. Not that I'm normally an exhibitionist, But they'd all seen it before !! Literally! lmao

Thank you for kind words. As you well know, it means a lot to know that we've got each other to lean on, all be it virtually x
xx

Monday, December 5th 2011, 11:27pm

pmsl You ladies crack me up! I am happy everything went well for both Blue and Sarah. Wishing you both patience on your 2WW. I guess all places are pretty different. I am not sure what his limit is with the follies though. I had 3 on my last 2 cycles and I normally have 3 to 4 scans prior to my IUI, then I get the Jab at the RE's office the day before the IUI. My RE does 2 IUI's within 24 hours then I have to go back again a week later for another scan and a 2nd jab and THEN my 2WW begins. My next IUI should be next week if all goes well.

Very exciting Blue and Sarah that you will know before Christmas. I hope that getting ready for the Holidays takes your mind off the wait and the urge to test!

Fairydust I hope your weight melts away so you can begin again.

Marcie
TTC since Sep 2009
3rd IUI Dec 2011

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 9:51am

thanks ladies iam trying to lose it but with xmas and loads of birthdays it is hard :smile:

sarah and baby blue xfingers for both of use when i had my iui i never got scanned on the day and i took my trigger shot 2days before iui (i find it strange how they can all have different protocols) ;( it really worried me about not having a scan as i said to my fiance how do they know that ive ovulated or i havce any eggs

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 6th 2011, 11:48am

Maybe scanning is saved for those of us whose cycles are looking a bit wonky, like too much/too little etc? Sarah had lots off follies, where as we had POOR sample to go in??
Just a thought?
Another thought....Spotting after insemination...should I be more concerned than I am? It happened last night. Quite a bit really but seems to have stopped today. I've put it down to pesky catheter being put quite a way up, and just upsetting things?

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 9:17am

Blue, I had spotting after insem on my third go but it's usually just the procedure that causes the bleeding and it should stop after a day or two. Hope you're feeling ok otherwise.

It must have been quite something to have that many people in the room for your insem but then I suppose I'll have to get used to that if I'm going to have IVF in February!

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 3:52pm

Ah, thanks for the reassurance Wannabe, I have stopped spotting now but DH was a bit concerned.
In a funny way, it was easier having more people there, it stopped it from being so very formal, we were all chatting like old friends, it kind of took my mind off of altered procedure really. Plus, DH has this way of when things are a tad uncomfortable, he will make a joke out of it, not always a fantastic trait to have, but on this occasion it helped loads.
So your aiming for February huh..I'm so pleased for you that you have a rough date for your tx to start again. It gives you something to focus on at least.
I hope you don't mind me keeping an eye on how your going. If this IUI doesn't work we too will be going down the IVF route next year, so I might be getting you to budge up on the IVF chatter couch!!
x

Monday, December 12th 2011, 2:56am

Hi all. How are you doing with your 2WW Blue and Sarah? I know it has only been a few days but I am just checking in. I had my scan this morning. DH came with me this time. Things did not exactly follow the same route. There is only 1 follie this time, but it is already ready at 18MM so they gave me the jab in the office and I am scheduled for IUI's tomorrow at 10:45 and again on Tuesday. DH will also be able to come for both of them as well. Looks like we will all be waiting together for a short while. I still have vacation time to burn at work so I deciede I will take off the next 3 days to just rest and relax.

I will pop in again soon.

Marcie
TTC since Sep 2009
3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011 xfingers xfingers

United Kingdom

Monday, December 12th 2011, 5:47pm

Hey Marcie....I'll shove up on the 2ww couch then :chocs: Choccie?!
Glad to hear that your DH came with you, I found the support so much help.
You get 2 IUI's then? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your baby making swimmer was amongst the total. Enjoy your rest and let us know how it goes.

AFM...I'm incredibly sane this time. After the most awful run up to it all, I think I'm basking in the calm that is home without hormones!!
I've no doubt that I will start getting fidgety nearer the end of this week, and I'll be scrutinising every possible thing that happens, but until then its me, blanket and sofa at every given opportunity . And maybe the odd pre christmas choccie!
I'm finishing off my Christmas shopping tomorrow, and then I can totally relax. Until the usual gumf of who is and who isn't coming for christmas dinner this year starts of course...It'll give me something to think about at least.
Oh and the up coming family party (married into, not actually mine thank goodness!) ohh...That is a whole different ball game. [zx062] So really not relaxing at all!!!

I hope that you are all well?
Sarah...Hows your 2ww going? x

Monday, December 12th 2011, 6:12pm

Hi Marcie - glad you are joining us on the 2WW let's hope it is BFPs all round for Christmas :) I wish I'd had 2 IUIs, seems that you would have a lot more chance. However, donor sperm is so expensive I'm not sure I could afford that anyway!
Blue - hope you continue to relax. I've found the first week quite stress free - although now we're into the second week I'm starting to get a bit more tense. I can't help but over analyse every little symptom. I've got to wait until 23/12 before I test which still seems ages away. But the way I see it if AF has not come by then I've got a good chance of being pregnant.

Can't wait to finish work on Friday for Christmas. It's been a tough few weeks and I can't wait for a proper break. Just hope there's good news xfingers
:2ww babydust

38, single

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 9:52pm

Hi Blue and Sarah,

Yes, my RE does 2 IUI's each month within 24 hours of each other. I have read that most do just one. The downer is that he also has me come back a week later for another jab of the Hcg that releases the eggs and another scan, so my 2WW really does not start until this coming Saturday. He said he does that because the stimms mess up your natural cycle and your body may not make just enough of Hcg on it own. The second shot will, as he puts it "fill in the cracks" and may possibly help the embryo implant. So in total I am waiting about 3 weeks. I am so regular with my cycles that if AF does not show by the time I get to test then chances are pretty positive. I will not get to test this time until New Years Eve. But, what a way to ring in the new year! But lucky for you both that you will know by Christmas. That would be a wonderful present for you both!

So are you ladies still haning in there? I know the feeling of over analyzing your symptoms. I did that alot. It is pretty hard not to when you want this as bad as we all do.

Marcie
TTC since Sep 2009
3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011 xfingers xfingers

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 10:19am

Hey girlies. I've had 5 iui with only 3 making it to insem. I'm currently on 2ww again and totally freaking. I had insem on 6/12. I had one decent follie at 1.8. The other was only 1.6 so they didn't think that was mature enough to count. I've never made it 10 day post iui without af showing up so if I make it past Friday I'll start getting positive. I can test anytime from 19/12 as that's when af due but clinic want me to wait til 22/12. I don't know how far I'll get. This cycle has been different. Insem was on cd14 rather than cd19-21. My cat has been attached to my belly anytime I lie down. I've had cramp since Tuesday but no sore boobs this time. I just can't call it.

Wannabe how u getting on? I have initial consult for ivf on 06/01.

Good luck to my fellow 2ww girlies. Xxx

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 6:09pm

Marcie...Wow...you guys really are doing it different there?! Lets just hope that whatever they're doing...IT WORKS!!

Hey Lynn, Nice of you to join us, Your insem was the day after mine, so you've done this well without too many teary faces on the screen!! So this time, is insem number 3?
Lets hope that this is your lucky number? We could do with a few of us pulling some BFP's out of the bag and showing off that this does work!!

Sarah...I'm presuming a half day for you tomorrow?? Kids out of the door and staff not too far behind them??
Unless the head has scheduled in a snazzy end of term meeting that is! I bet your counting down the hours now hey?! If anything, being there should be keeping your mind busy, Have you got much planned for over the weekend early next week to keep focused on something?

A.F.M.....JUST about hanging on in there. Just! Today I talked myself out of buying a sneaky test that I could do before Monday. Don't worry, I walked out of Chemist with what I went in for( something for the dog!) and that is all.
Funnily enough, I'm managing not to over analyse every symptom, In fact, I can make an excuse for everything pretty much. I'm just impatient. I've had a 5 day headache,my throat is feeling a bit sore, but I don't want to take anything just in case...But I'm soooo tired. So so tired.
In fact I've stopped counting down days, and am just counting down gel inserts instead.
On that note....Seriously, Ladies....I swear that the gel rather than pesseries is SOOOOOOOO Much nicer!!
At last consult app, I explained that with pessaries I had terrible cramps, and aches, and I was so sore down there I cried nightly near the end of the two weeks. I can't use the alternative entrance due to I.B.S so I was given the gel to try, apparently quite new, and the clinic were just starting to try it out, so I got to try.
This time, Well, tis easy peasy. No cramps, no soreness, no trying to get into funny angles to ensure pesky pessary was all the way up and MUCH much much less mess :snigger: I shall be reporting back to the clinic on Monday with my opinion on the gel, but you guys heard it here first!!

I've no doubt I'll be on here most of the weekend, trying my best to hold onto my sanity as Monday approaches. ARGGGHHHHHHHHHH xfingers

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 7:16pm

Marcie - I have to take HCG shots as luteal support too. I did one injection 3DPO and one on Tuesday evening at 8DPO. I have to wait until 23/12 to test which is 18 DPO because of this. It is annoying as I'd love to be able to test before but I know I might get a false positive so I have to wait. Like you, I'm feeling that if there's no AF by then it must be a good sign - but then with all these synthetic hormones around my body who knows!

Gizzi - I had my insem on 5/12 and it's getting to the point now where I'm terrified AF is going to start anytime. It's my first IUI so I've got nothing to compare it with. Am trying to relax but am finding it very hard!

Blue - Yes it's half day tomorrow :) Although I will stay til about 5pm to get a few bits done. Have a stackload of work to do over weekend but I want to do it then for one, to keep my mind of things and two, if I get a BFN next week I'm not going to want to think about school work on top of that! Not long for you now! You're doing well to hold out. I'm sure If I hadn't had to take the HCG injections I would be thinking about testing at the weekend. It's getting to the point now I'm finding it hard to think about anything else. Think I will be on here a lot now til test date too.

Good luck to everyone babydust babydust babydust

38, single

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 11:23pm

Yep blue this is my third actually insem. Never made it 11 days post trigger so if tomorrow comes and goes with no af then I think this time I may be in with a chance. I used to post on here all the time but some times u just need a break.

Scarlett. I'm pleased they have given u hcg shot for support but ur right about it being a bummer. No testing early. I don't know I'd I would believe the result to otd. I tested today and got bfn. Which is good coz it means trigger shot out of system. Now all I have to do is wait til Monday. The more u try to relax the more u stress out. I think concentrating on ur work is a good idea. Fx for us all.

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

United Kingdom

Friday, December 16th 2011, 9:10am

Ooohhh...I love how busy it is on here at the moment! So many ladies testing soon which is so very exciting.

Marcie-congratus on be PUPO. I hope the 2ww goes quickly for you.

Lynn-lovely to hear from you honey and so glad you're giving it another go. I really hope it works for you this time round. Best of luck for Monday!

Sarah-It's a bummer that you have to wait a bit longer to test but hopefully having 2 HCG shots will do the trick and you'll get your BFP before Christmas.

Blue- Thanks fo popping into my diary and for the hugs. Had a good old cry last night and DH gave me lots of cuddles so I'm feeling much better today.
The gel sounds interesting as I really suffer witht he pesaries too. Is much more expensive??? I
I know it's difficult but try not to test early hun. I'm keeping everything crossed that it works for you this time.

AFM-had a wobble the last couple of days as my friend announced she's pregnant after just a month or two of ttc. I'm feeling lots better today though and looking forward to a busy weekend.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 9:37am

hey ladies how are we all? hope use are all in the xmas spirit although i know its hard when doing treatment i put my xmas tree up yesterday and its snowin aswell

am fine losing the weight cant wait til january to start again

wannabemum i know how your feeling huni and its horrible although your really happy for her you feel awful for yourself that it isnt you 2weeks after getting my bfn i found out my wee sister was pregnant (she wasnt trying was on the pill and didnt want any kids) this was really hard for me due to what id just been through but i was really happy for her she kept apologising to me she felt awful aswell for me but found out on tuesday that she lost the baby at 8weeks am gutted for her shes so upset so support your friend and explain if you feel you can to her how your feeling am here if you need me huni xxxxxx

xxxx

Saturday, December 17th 2011, 9:38am

forgot to say good luck to all you ladies on the 2ww xfingers for a well deserved xmas pressie for use all xxxxx

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 5:09pm

Wannabe...I'm not entirely sure about exact price, as I never got an itemised bill...just the total, both times, and they've changed supplier too I think, but total was definitely cheaper, and that was the only thing that was changed. I really should get more money wise on it, but you know how it feels with so much information to sink in ?!

Sarah..How are you holding up??

Lynn...hows your 2ww going?

Fairydust, I'm so pleased that those pesky pounds are dropping off and you'll be starting again in the new year thumbup

A.F.M....We had family party last night. It was ok. I do a good job of hiding my feelings somedays thank goodness. MIL was ok. I also managed to hold it together when Grandad felt the need to point out his baby great grandson and how amazingly lovely he was. Such a beautiful baby, blah blah blah. Go me !?!
Today, I have done nothing but cry. I'm convinced it hasn't worked.
>>>>>T.M.I. Alert >>>>> !! Slight pink spotting, I'm ok with...Strange black / dark brown scab like stuff I'm not. The last time I had anything like that was after having treatment on cervix to remove pre cancerous cells, and I ended up with an awful infection. I'm going on the basis that there is nothing I can do today. I'll just test tomorrow as planned and when calling the hosp with result, I can discuss then.
Weirdly, as much as I'm upset that this probably hasn't worked, I'm more upset at the prospect of IVF, and having to go though all of this again.
DH isn't talking to me. Apparently I'm much to much hard work today, and I shouldn't be so pessimistic. Cheers babe!
Emotions. Never quite what you expect them to be. Sigh.
I'll let you know tomorrow girls xfingers
xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Baby Blue Eyes" (Dec 18th 2011, 5:12pm)

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 5:11pm

Not forgetting you too Marcie. You ok?? !! [zx065]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Baby Blue Eyes" (Dec 18th 2011, 5:15pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests