You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Friday, January 28th 2011, 6:36pm

Hi Lalla

Welcome to IUI thread, its quite a quiet thread but please do keep the updates coming. And u live in Paris, how lovely.x
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

Reg: Jan 14th 2011

Friday, January 28th 2011, 7:53pm

New here!

:smile: Hello

I was supposed to be having ivf egg collection on Monday but after producing only 3 follicles have decieded to have IUI.

I've been on Menopur and Cetrotide, would love it if someone was on the same, I'm fretting about triplets!!!

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 11:34am

Hello girls,

how are you doing?

When is the insemination, Ailly? As it's my first round, I have no idea what the numbers mean. Are you happy with the results?
Just getting my head around all the things I have to remember for this first cycle, is freaking me out.

AF came today, so tomorrow I need to make an appointment with consultant, and get the gestone. Start injecting on day 8. (And send off the paperwork for funding...)

How's everybody else? Gumpy, I see you're on the dreaded 2WW...

blowkiss

Lalla and and her precious hubby's road to baby land!
38 and TTC naturally for 2 1/2 years.
SA - from poor to very good
Lap & dye 01.06.10 - some endo found and removed

Acupuncture
1st IUI - February!

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 12:02pm

Hi pompom and welcome. Good luck tomorrow I want all the details and hopefully it will be me next week too. I would be happy with 3 but 2 max at out clinic, gives u better chance though. x

Lalla - This is my 1st iui as far as i know my clinic aims to get 1 or 2 max follies at 17mm+ if there are more it gets cancelled. Once they are the right size u get a jag that makes you ovulate then insemination24+ hrs after that. The womb lining should also be greater than 6 . This is checked with regular scans and blood.

I had scan yesterday and my lining was 8 and i had x2 folliesat 13mm and 1 other at 11mm & small ones. Im back tomorrow for scan and blood so fingers crossed they grow and can get on with the IUI. Iv been jabing now for 14 days. [zx216]

Hello to everyone else. :hi:
Ailly

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 7:34pm

Hi, well IUI tomorrow at 3pm. Ive really lost confidence in my clinic though. I feel very rushed through.

I was told to have my HCG injection at 5pm Saturday, and what with my IUI 3pm Monday it seems like a very long break. On the IUI board it says the timing from injection to IUI is typically 36 hours or up to 48 hours, talk about on the cusp!!!

Well I guess ill be on the two week wait as of tomorrow, eeeeek.

Good luck everyone!

x

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Children: Please!!!!!!

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 8:05pm

Hi allybongo, I'm likely to be in for my last funded iui this week and have also lost confidence in my clinic. I am tracking my lh surge and then call on the morning and go in for a cycle once it's been detected. I think I've read too much tbh as I know they're the experts, but as the surge comes in the day it's likely I'm always tracking yesterday's surge and therefore the insemination is always too late.

I can't get a straight answer out of anyone though so will keep testing in the morning as they tell me to. Fingers crossed it's 3rd time lucky for me!

Good luck with your treatment!

Hey ailly, not long for you now, by the sounds of it your follicles sound promising. Exciting for you!!

Hey everyone else, good luck to all those having treatment this month! Hopefully there will be lots of October babies!! xfingers
Stacey
TTC for 5 years
6 x IUI all :BFN:

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.
M/c imminent :sniff:

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 9:52pm

Hi all

Namea - i'm sure that it must have been a shock but i hope that IVF treats you well and you get a BFP very soon. i know a few people who've done IVF at our clinic and they said its really not as bad as they expected. oh and it worked! was it an AMH test you had recently btw? will you keep us updated please?

I screwed up this cycle by hoping AF would arrive on the right day (Friday-Sunday) but she showed up on Thursday.....have got the prescription and dates for taking norsethisterone this time so we'll be starting again in about 3 weeks. DP always thinks we can do it naturally - which we can in theory but 28 months and counting so far.

Good luck for you ladies cycling now, all sounds promising xfingers i would love to hear of a BFP on this board very soon :smile:

My clinic do the insem approx 44 hours after HCG shot, i think they probably do know what they are doing but communication and explanation is badly lacking and i do feel like i'm a number at times. I guess the actual result is the main thing......
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Monday, January 31st 2011, 9:32am

Good morning, Ailly, Stacygirl and Allybongo, Pompadom, Lollygirl and Namea.

I am not alone in feeling like a number, I see!

I dreamt all night about not remembering when to do the injections - I'm terribly confused, although I'm sure it's quite simple, really.

Good luck for those of you heading for insemination. And best of luck to you, Namea. The results are far better with IVF, I think - here's hoping it will bring you your bundle of joy :rainbow:

Have a lovley week, everybody! :bye:

Acupuncture
1st IUI - February!

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Children: My 2 wonderful rescue dogs :)

Monday, January 31st 2011, 9:44am

2WW after IUI

Hi Lalla

Yup - Im in the 2WW after my first IUI procedure -and it is so hard not to think about it !

Im at the Priory in birmingham but NHS funded for 3 cycles - I started on 50mg Clomid and reponded ok to the tablets -

At the priory I was scanned on Day 1 - took Clomid from Day 5-9 - had another scan on Day 10 and then tested for LH surge every morning. I also had a scan every day too - so they track you very closely. Got LH surge on Day 11 so earlier than expected (gave myself trigger shot) then had insemination procedure on Day 12. Had another scan on Day 13 to doubcle check that I had ovulated -

I have found it much easier than expected - once I got used to the scans .... I think you just have to leave your dignity at the door and just get on with it !!!

The insemination itself was quite painful for me - as I have a small and scarred cervix so the getting the catheter through caused friction - but it only hurt for 5 minutes and stopped as soon as it was removed.

Im fingers and toes crossed for Test day on 9th Feb ....but heh if it dosnt work Im lucky to have another 2 goes - and they wuill up my medication to injections for next cycle.

Here hoping for [zx251]

Good Luck to all xxxxx
Me 33 - DH 38 - TTC 3 ish years - Unexplained

3 X IUI and 1 IVF BFN in 2011
Miracle Nat BFP - MC at 9 weeks
Second Funded IVF in 2012

Reg: Aug 26th 2010

Monday, January 31st 2011, 10:30am

Hi to everyone on here. I am doing my 1st iui in feb and hav been using berselin nasal spray for a week now (started CD21.Just waiting on af and then start gonal-f injections. I'm a little nervous about injections but cant wait to start them either. A quick question to anyone that started the nasal spray on day 21......does it make your period come later than normal?? if so by how much. Going by ovulation, my af should arrive on wed/thur if normal cycle.
Is there any1 else going through iui this month?
Good luck to every1 on this hard journey, i'm so glad we hav each other to speak 2 about all this as i hav nobody apart from dh but he just doesnt speak bout it at al unless i ask or tell him s'thing specific. i just wish he'd ask me the odd time how im coping and feeling.
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
2 X ICSI :BFN:
2 X FET :BFN:
Reprofit
3 X ICSI :BFP: Miscarried @ 5, 6 & 7 weeks baby5 baby5 baby5
NHS GO 2013 :pray: :pray:

Monday, January 31st 2011, 10:41am

Hi Ashley I think its hard for the DH to talk about things - as men are not so open about everything as women are ......

My other half dosnt ask me how I am feeling either - but one thing we have done all the way through this journey is have a "hug a day "

......I suggsted it to my DH and he said it was a good idea - as he wanted to help but didnt really know how to ...

So whenever I am feeling overwhelmed by everything and just need a bit of support I ask him for a hug ..and he feels like he is helping

Sounds really cheesy I know but it honestly does work ......

Monday, January 31st 2011, 11:14am

Oh, you don't sound cheesy at all. I go for five hugs a day! And it's good for both of us. Depends on whether hubby is of the huggy kind or not, I suppose.

And on that note :hugs: for everybody!

Sorry, I have no experience with nasal spray. Starting gonal f on day 8 of my cycle.

Acupuncture
1st IUI - February!

Monday, January 31st 2011, 5:39pm

Yes its getting busy on here :thumbsup:

Allybongo- How did it go hun u ok ?

Stace- how u getting on ?

Lolly - Typical AF , roll on the next 3 weeks for u.x

Lalla - Its the 1st Feb tomoz so not long for u.

Grumpy - HI, 9 days until u test xfingers , how do u feel inside any different ?(

Ashley- Yes I started spray on day 21 and my AF came as normal when expected. My DH is the same.

AFM - Im on day 15 of jags, my scan today showed 1x16 and 1x17mm so Oulation jag tomoz midnight and IUI on Thu at 3pm. I got told to bring my dressing gown and slippers YYIIKKEES

Hello to everyone else x
Ailly

Monday, January 31st 2011, 7:15pm

Hey Ailly, and everyone else!

yes it's nice to see it getting busy. Such a relief to have people to talk to that are foxing through the same thing.

Another unmedicated cycle this time, so hoping to get my surge in the next day or 2, although I did get a positive result the other day, but that was from one of the 7 day test boxes and I am also using my clearable fertility monitor which detected high fertility today. I'm putting it down to a flukey result from the other one as the clinic told me to wait.

Hopefully I'll be going in for my final funded cycle this week, and at least if it doesn't work, then I know they'll try a medicated next time, although I'm obviously staying positive and hoping this one will work for us!

Hug a day sounds lovely. We're using a donor due to dh having azoospermia and although he's been with me to both treatments, I know it must be so hard when it's a male factor issue to deal with. Men's pride is damaged so much easier than us women!

Sending lots of baby wishes to all those on the 2ww or whose treatment is imminent! X
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 7:37am

Well I got my surge this morning so will be going in for my iui this afternoon.

Fingers crossed it's third time lucky and see you on the 2ww ladies! X
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 8:00am

Hi Girls !!

Yup - well its 8 days until test day now -

I do feel different as have had some general low level cramping for a while now - which I dont normally get -

But I could be reading nothing into something !

Someone one FZ said to avoid Google on the "WW and I deffo agree as you really start to symptom spot and it cant be healthy ....

For the next few days at least i have other things to think about as my DH should be hearing the results of a job interview he went to last week - he currently works in Watford for half the week - which considering we live in the Midlands - isnt the best ....so he has been looking for something more local ........

Im glad of the diversion .....

Take care hunnies xx

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 9:03am

Thanx to every1 for their advise and Gumpy....its funny that u said that coz DH and i have been doing big hugs since b4 xmas (not that we didnt hug b4...lol) but i told him that i needed a really extra tight hug every so often and that it really does make me feel better and it puts a huge smile on my face espec when dh makes it al dramatic, it makes me laugh. Hugs really r the best.

Well im still sniffing away and waiting on af, felt a few af pains this am when i awoke which is always the way a day or 2 b4 she arrives so think it wil come on time. Hoping she does coz then i can start injections sooner.......never thought id b wishin af 2 come.
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Reg: Jan 14th 2011

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 6:53pm

Had my IUI done yesterday, it wasn't too bad I guess. I didn't have all the monitoring you ladies had but I guess that may be because I was supposed to be IVF until I found I was a poor responder.

Well, frustratingly I have to wait 18 days before I can test!!!! That just seems like an eternity away :(

jtvn

Reg: Feb 1st 2011

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 7:49pm

HI, Can i join this chat to?

Hi im very new to this

ttc since December 2007, we have a daugther concieved naturally born early 2007 by c section

overstimutaled on clomid/ menopurfor first iui in November

this cycle on clomid only produced 2 mature follicles, iui on 26/01/11

so on the 2ww xfingers

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 7:18am

Hi jtvn!

Welcome to the iui chat! I had my iui yesterday and all went well. Trying to stay really positive and put it to the back of my mind for the dreaded 2ww!

Lots of the other girls are having treatment this week too, so we've all got lots in common!

Take care x
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 9:05am

Hi Stace ....

Im 1 Week Down with 1 to go after my IUI last week ..... I throught the 2WW was going to be really hard but Ive tried to stay busy at work and booked in to see freinds for a cuppa after work etc and its not been to bad so far !

Fingers crossed for us both

jtvn

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 11:11am

dreaded 2ww

Thanks Stacey

im finding the 2ww really hard, 1st week no problem didnt even thuink about it

my mind is now playing tricks on me, very hard not to get my hopes up to high.

Last time i was pregnant i knew i was even before the test at 4 weeks + 3 even though i had had a light period, seems such a long time ago now alway wanted 2 children close together but will be nearly a 5 year gap now. my daughter is desparate for a brother or sisiter. i would have probably given up by now but for her constant ( can we buy this for my baby) as she also thiks shes going to have one 2. not sure what they learn at pre school as she also knows exactly were they come from but luckily not how they get there! xfingers

Heather

Reg: Jan 24th 2011

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 5:19pm

Hi all.

Welcome Jtvn, i'm fairly new to this too. Hold in there for the rest of your 2ww, will keep fingers crossed for you and all the other girls on 2ww.

I've had my scan today and due to have my 3rd and final attempt at iui on friday so will then be joining u on the wait. Trying to stay positive, the nurse said today they've had a quite a few pregnancies lately on iui so xfingers

Pompompadom - stay positive.
Me - PCOS
DH - no problems.

TTC since Nov 2007
3 IUI's :BFN
1st Ivf Oct 2011 :BFN:

FET ivf July 2012 xfingers

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 6:37pm

Good to see the chat flowing ..

Lots of u already had IUI this week, well it my turn tomorrow in at 3pm. Iv been waiting 18months for tomorrow to come !! I will update u tomorrow.

I like to know all the details so can anyone tell me, how many follies they had, what size, was it sore, what the sperm sample was before and after it was washed, did they scan u 1st? take blood ? did partner go in the room at insemmination ??

Told u Im a nosey parker. :listen [zx050]
Ailly

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 6:58pm

On the day...

Hi Ailly,

Well I can't help with scanning/number follies etc as mine is way more basic than that...

I literally turn up, undress from the waist down and put a gown on and then go through to a room where the embryologist has the sperm ready, they ask you to confirm name and dob (some ask for ID if using donor sperm to make sure you get the right one!!!) and then you just lie down and put your feet in stirrups and have the speculum put in like a smear test, and then a catheter inserts the swimmers into your cervix.

Then that's it really, I didn't feel any pain on any of the times I've been, it's over in 30 seconds.

When I went yesterday they mentioned some new research that says chances of pregnancy are improved (marginally) if you lie still for 15 mins afterwards, so they left me in the room and then I went back to the changing area and stayed and had a cup of tea before I left.

My husband has been there throughout the whole thing each time, and even gets a cup of tea too :>)

Not much else to report, some of the other girls may be able to tell you about the scanning etc, as I only ovulate naturally I just have one folly (I guess?!) so don't have any of that done.

Gooooooood luck!!!!!!!!!

Get some green tea and brazil nuts into you (I've heard they help implantation and fertilization and I'll t(ry anything!) x x
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:08pm

Thanks stace I will give u all my details when i get home. Still find it weird how they all do it different ways. I ovulate naturally every month as well thinkthink

me tomorrow eekk [zx008]
Ailly

jtvn

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:15pm

hi all

i had scan on day 5 when i was told 2 good follicles & lots of little ones, 2nd scan day 11 showed the 2 big ones had matured 1 18mm 1 22mm, pregnyl inj 11pm that night iui 40 hours later hubby went in and id his bit 2 hours before, his sperm count was better this time ( it was above average before) at 81miliion with 89% motility, after it is prepared they use the best 8 - 9 million. no scan before iui - its just like a smear test only u get to have a lie down for about 15 mins after- not at all painful.

only 6 days left to test day! xfingers

hope it goes well for you all :)

Reg: Mar 29th 2009

Children: DD - 11 from previous relationship

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 8:21pm

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. Havent really been on as during my 2ww I have been trying not to think about it too much. My 2 weeks is up tomorrow, however I havent to phone the hospital until the 9th and i'm determined I'm not going to test myself. I dont think this cycle has worked though - just have a feeling. Will probably find out over the next few days if AF arrives.

Fingers crossed for all of you on the 2ww just now.

Opal
x
:BFP: Age 37
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries
1st round IUI - January 11 :BFN:
2nd round IUI - Feb 11 - MC 4.5 weeks
3rd round IUI - Mar 11 - :BFN:
4th round IUI - Apr 11 - :BFP:

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 9:38am

Hi girls......glad to read that ther r quite a few on the 2ww, im looking forward to hearing some good news :-)

AFM well im still awaiting on AF, it was due yesterday or 2day and i had af pains last nite and thin morn so id say it will come tomoro. I hav read that the nasal spray causes AF to be late by as many as 5 days....i hope mine comes b4 that, really want to start gonal-f from monday onwards. Think iui will b on 17th or 18th if everything goes to plan, seems ages away.
Iv actually been feeling so down these past few days, i cant help but feel that this will never happen, and that this constant battle of TTC is gonna b r lives for possibly another few years (we'v been ttc for 2 years already). I cant bear that thought but i no i wont give up either which kinna scares me coz i want 2 start living life normally again.
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Thursday, February 3rd 2011, 6:46pm

IUI today

Thats me had insemination, I did not like the nurse (i will spare u the details) she mentioned i has PCO and its the 1st iv been told. I though I has wee follies no cysts. She changed the subject as I was angry.

DH had 110 million sperm , 65% motity and 5million inseminated, I said I know its MILLIONS but such a drop after wash , never got an explination dismissed again. I also never got to,lie dwn for 15mins I was tld Id get.

Anyway feeling a little crampy, test date Fri 18th. x
Ailly

Heather

Friday, February 4th 2011, 5:10pm

Hi all,

Ailly, sorry to hear the nurse made it upsetting for u. Try and stay positive, 5mill still good number and good motility, it only takes 1 of those few mill to make the journey!

I've had my insemination today, (when she finally managed to get the catheter in, lol). DH count had improved this time, 11.8 mill after washing, has improved each cycle. She didnt say what the motility was. Now got 2ww but usually know the week before AF due, as tend to get AF symptoms early.

xfingers for us all. x
Me - PCOS
DH - no problems.

TTC since Nov 2007

Friday, February 4th 2011, 6:12pm

Thats me had insemination, I did not like the nurse (i will spare u the details) she mentioned i has PCO and its the 1st iv been told. I though I has wee follies no cysts. She changed the subject as I was angry.

DH had 110 million sperm , 65% motity and 5million inseminated, I said I know its MILLIONS but such a drop after wash , never got an explination dismissed again. I also never got to,lie dwn for 15mins I was tld Id get.

Anyway feeling a little crampy, test date Fri 18th. x

Ailly, so sorry that you had a bad experience with your nurse. Sucks that they didn't mention pco before now, but at least there might be an explanation now. Take it up with your consultant but in the first instance just try to stay positive and not think about it (or google away) I thought and googled way to much the first time and did early tests which was naughty, but inevitable after so long ttc.
Like Heather says, you only need one of those 5m to make a little baby, so it's a numbers game now!

Just settling down for a nice tea and watching dh guzzle a very expensive and lovely looking glass of red :-( would kill for a drink, such a long week! Green tea for me :thumbdown:

How are you feeling today?

Heather how are you feeling?

Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "stace1002000" (Feb 4th 2011, 6:16pm)

Friday, February 4th 2011, 7:06pm

Heather - welcome to the 2ww. Do u test Sat 19th ? im the 18th.

When is everyone else to test, theres a few of us now. :?:

Stace- I could kill for a glass of white. ;( m trying to to stress about the pco. I will wait until my blood test and let rip then. As far as I can see I don't have the symptoms, I will see what they say.
Im having fitness withdrawl too . I asked about that and they said business as usual but take it down. I might go to a cheeky fitness class next week opinions welcome ?( , Is anyone else exercising ot treading carefully on teh 2ww ?

Apologies for my spelling in the last post I was mad and in a rush :innocent:
Ailly

Reg: Mar 29th 2009

Children: DD - 11 from previous relationship

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 10:01am

Morning Ladies,

Well its a :BFN: for me i'm afraid. AF arrived this morning. Not as upset as I expected i'd be, which is good - I kinda suspected a few days ago that it hadn't worked so kept telling myself it was on the way. Won a lovely bottle of red wine in a raffle last night so I'm going to treat myself tonight.

Ailly - sorry to hear about your experiences at the clinic. I think generally as a rule the nurses who work in fertility units are normally really nice (well from my experience anyway) - its usually a requirement of the work they do. As far as the PCOS goes - the consultant I attended before I had my dughter 12 years ago diagnosed me with Polysystic Ovaries as well and didnt tell me. My own doctor mentioned it to me when reading my notes about 4 years later, think he was checking something for birth control and just said something like oh and you have ...... to which I replied not as far as Im aware I dont?? He double checked the notes from the consultant and said yes - the blood tests they ran indicated it. I dont have the syndrome so I dont have any of the external symptoms but I do have the internal ones - no regular cycle and when I do the IUI I always have the risk of developing too many follicles. I think sometimes they just look at it as you are there to get pregnant and that is all they focus on - it doesnt occur to them that maybe you would like to know what they have found. Anyway - dont let it worry you too much.

For everyone else who is coming up to testing - good luck.

:goodluck:

Opal
x

:BFP: Age 37
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries
1st round IUI - January 11 :BFN:
2nd round IUI - Feb 11 - MC 4.5 weeks
3rd round IUI - Mar 11 - :BFN:
4th round IUI - Apr 11 - :BFP:

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 11:05am

Hi Opal. Sorry to hear of your BFN. I was prepared for it on my second go, and although it was still a disappointment, it does make it easier to deal with. Hope you enjoy that wine :-) Are you going to crack on with another treatment, or are you going to take a wee break?

Ailly, I am testing on the 15th. In terms of exercise, I totally stopped the last 2 times and that didn't work, so this time I thought, well it can't be doing any harm if it helps you destress, so I played badminton on Wednesday night (just a friendly doubles game, not a singles match) and will probably carry on a couple of times a week, as it keeps my mind off it. Everyone I have spoken to says carry on as you were, just watch your heart rate, so try and keep it around 150.

DH made me breakfast in bed this morning to try and make up for the wine drinking (torture) in front of me while I sipped my squash and green tea last night! [zx077] xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 11:17am

Iv actually been feeling so down these past few days, i cant help but feel that this will never happen, and that this constant battle of TTC is gonna b r lives for possibly another few years (we'v been ttc for 2 years already). I cant bear that thought but i no i wont give up either which kinna scares me coz i want 2 start living life normally again.

Hi Ashley, sorry to hear you're feeling down. The positive thing is that you are about to start your journey now, regardless of how long you and your dp have been ttc for.

I think everyone on this thread can relate to how you're feeling, but honestly there are so many options after iui, and it might even work for you first time. It's difficult though, with my first iui as the cons said we had good chances, I am young, no medication needed, my mum conceived easily with me, all my friends and work colleagues (it seemed) were preggers. I got a bit carried away and thought it would work for me on my first or second go, started thinking about potential due dates, not booking holidays etc. You have to be positive, but you also have to be a bit sensible and realistic otherwise all of the not knowing will drive you mad! This time round, I am living life normally, just cut out the drink for these couple of weeks and avoiding obvious foods... Like I've said before, it is a numbers game, so why should your chances be less than anyone elses.

All I can say is when you go for that treatment, think positively to yourself, that you have good chances, you are ovulating, and why the hell not!

Keep your chin up hunni xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 4:17pm

Aw thanks so much Stace for your advise. i am trying to stay positive but i do find it hard. cant imagine it ever happening but please god it will someday. xfingers good luck for ur 2ww hon, il look 4ward 2 hearing from u. when is test day??
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Saturday, February 5th 2011, 4:30pm

Hello everybody,

I hope you re all having a lovely weekend.

Good luck on the 2ww for those who are there, and :cuddle for those who got their BFN.

I ll be starting injections on Monday, first scan on Wednesday. Keep having nightmares about forgetting to inject myself, and having low fertlisation (as if I were doing an IVF). And this is only the beginning...

It s a very tough journey, but I m sure it ll make us stronger, better persons in the end, even though I wish nobody had to go through it.

Just as an afterthought, I asked my consultant if I needed to stay away from alcohol while injecting, and he just smiled and said a glass of champagne never killed anybody... Oh dear!

Have a lovely week, everybody!

PS planning to keep up the swimming/jogging - I ll ask my consultant, but as long as it s not running a marathon, it must be ok to keep moving, me thinks.

Acupuncture
1st IUI - February!

Heather

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 4:44pm

Hi all,

Hi Ailly, how u feeling today? My cycle is usually about 32days so will prob wait til the 20th before testing.

Feeling ok thanks Stace, relaxed all afternoon friday after iui then saturday morning me and DH got up and decided to go to wales for the night, just wanted to get away rather than just moping round the house thinking bout it all, like did do the first 2 attempts, which didn't work. now feeling nice and relaxed, so xfingers . Also, with u on the wine thing, really fancied a glass of rose over weekend.

Ashley, how u feeling now?

Opal, sorry to hear bout your BFN. hope u enjoyed your much deserved wine.

xx
Me - PCOS
DH - no problems.

TTC since Nov 2007

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 5:27pm

IUI test dates

JVTN- 8th Feb
Stace- 15th Feb
Ailly - 18th Feb
Heather - 20th Feb

Please let me know if and additions or changes.

Thanks
Ailly

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 5:34pm

JVNT- 2 days until you test, how do u feel ? Can u feel anything going on inside ? Good luck

Opal- Gutted for you, hw are u feeling ?. Have u thought about your next step or is it too early ? :cuddle

Lalla- Good luck with the jabbin. Are u on Menopur ? what dose ? Iv decided to go to my fitness class on Tue but take it right down. Iv been only walking since the IUI on Thu so need to go back or i will go insane espec with DH on back shift.

Ashley- I feel exactly the same. Every wedding anniv is another year of TTC - 3 years in March. :faint:

Stace - Glad u enjoyed your breakie in bed, lucky u. :thumbup:

Heather Hows the 2ww so far ? ?(

Waves to everyone else.

Ailly x
Ailly

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 6:03pm

Hi everyone

Opal - so sorry to hear that it didn't work this time ((hugs)) hope the wine was good :wine:

I like the test date list, its getting busy on here! good luck to you all xfingers

I started the noresthisterone today so AF should arrive in approx 13 days and then we'll be cycling again. Seems ages away. I am worried about overstimming on menopur, this will be the first time i've used it and i make 1-2 follicles on clomid......hmm.
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 7:08pm

Hi Girls

I test on wednesday 9th Feb ........that will be 2 full weeks after my IUI

Does it matter what time of day I test ....my DH will not be there in the morniong so want to wait until he gets back at night before doing the test ....will that be OK ....

How was everyone elses IUI's ......mine was painfull which I didnt expect but the nurse had to push the catheter past cervical scarring and it caused a lot of friction pain ......

Been OK after it though ........

No signs at all ...............so who knows what the result will be .....

Good luck to all those testing this week xxxxxxxxx

jtvn

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 7:33pm

Sorry to hear your news opal - you will get there

2 days to test day for me

have convinced myself its not worked as keep feeling asthough af may arrive early, but i do feel very bloated, so will have to wait and see

going for a swim in the morning to relax :rollseyes:

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 7:34pm

IUI test dates
JVTN- 8th Feb
Grumpy - 9 Feb
Stace- 15th Feb
Ailly - 18th Feb
Heather - 20th Feb

Please let me know if and additions or changes.

Grumpy - I think the first pee of the day is the best so Iv heard. I test 15 days after IUI . Im booked in for a blood test that morn then they phone later with results. I don't think I will do a HPT cos they scare me and always neg. So might leave work early and wait on the phone call. (That could all change who knows depending on how I feel

wow 5 of us testing in the next fortnight .
Ailly

Reg: Sep 11th 2010

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 8:52pm

Hi girls,

I thought I just come and say hello and see how u are getting on.
This is really busy on here now, which is really good.

Opal, honey i am so sorry to hear your bad news. Hope u are ok?
Sending u lots of love :hugs:

I have been to my ivf info session and decided to wait until next month before starting so that I can relax and build up my physical strength because I have chronic back pAin which hit me 2 weeks ago.

I have also started acupuncture to which I respond very well I am told.

Going away next week because DH has been very stressed out lately so need to spend quality time together before treatment starts!

Hoping u girls on 2 ww get the results u want and wishing u good luck.
blowkiss
Namea

TTC since August 2008
Me (33): low AMH
DH (35): low [zx151] motility
Started IUI in October 2010
1st IUI didn't take. 2nd IUI abandoned cycle.
April 2011 IVF/ICSI :BFP:
[zx076] [zx076] seen on 18/05/11 xfingers
28/06/11 twins are growing well
bab21 and bab22

Monday, February 7th 2011, 6:43pm

Just nipped on to say good luck to jtvn for tomorrow

Everything crossed! Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Monday, February 7th 2011, 8:10pm

Hey girlies, just wanted to also wish JTVN all the best for testing tomor, and i so hope 2 hear good news from stace, heather, ailly and grumpy over these next few weeks.

AFM well i just did my 1st gonal-f injection this evening and i literally didnt feel a thing. I did it in my belly and the needle just slipped in without any real pressure at al. it was nothing like i was imagining. DH was supposed to be doin it later on 2nite but i was reading the instructions and sussin out the pen and b4 i knew it i had it done :-) im so glad i can do it myself coz DH works alot and isnt always here although i mite make him do it sometime just 4 fun hehehe

My iui is scheduled for 18th Feb if everything goes to plan ...........................AILLY thats the same date as ur test day :-)
TTC 4 YRS
Origin
Reprofit

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 8:19am

Thanks for the advice Ailly

Im going to test on Thursday morning - tempted to test on wed morning even through DH isnt there but cant bring myself to do it without him......

Good luck all - Fingers Crossed

jtvn

Tuesday, February 8th 2011, 9:31am

tested this am as advised by the crm cov 2 weeks after iui

vvv feint blue line

am i really slow at getting rig of the hcg inj taken 16 days ago or am i ?

going to retest on thurs as this is when af due xfingers

i still feel very tummy grumbly have done since fri

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "jtvn" (Feb 8th 2011, 9:33am)