You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 8:54am

Morning ladies

Woried-the other girrls are right...a scan when AF around isn't as bad as you might think. My clinic like to scan as close to day 1 as possible to check you have no cysts after the previous cycle before they let you start the meds. I was dreading it the first time as it was CD1 which is my heaviest day but it wasn't that bad honestly :)

Stace-Brilliant news about the meds hun! It makes it a bit more expensive but you never know it might just be what you need :). My clinic scan on CD1-3 to check for cysts and then you can start meds. They then scan every couple of days to check your progress as, if you respond well, you'll have quite a few follies growing and they only like you to have 2 big ones. Once you have at least one at about 18mm they'll ask you to do the trigger as I think any bigger than this and you might ovulate before they are ready to do your insem. I was ready for the trigger on CD9 and had insem/ovulated on CD11 but everyone reacts differently to the drugs so it's hard to say whether you'll be ready for insem before the bank holiday. Fingers crossed it'll be before or after so they won't cancel the cycle hun xfingers

Well, test day for me tomorrow and we've decided to do it in the morning. I'm so nervous and really have not been feeling very positive...not sure why as I've had no early bleeding or anything but I just don't feel any different :sadface:

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Children: Please!!!!!!

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 1:04pm

Hi wannabe... I have everything crossed for you for tomorrow. I really hope you get a bfp Hun, especially after all those cycles of clomid.

I am being scanned on cd 5, Friday as informally don't ov until around day 18. I know everyone's different, but just to give me an idea... When do you normally ov? Just so I can work out how much earlier you having trigger on cd 11 was. I keep tryin to crunch numbers around this blimmin bank hol, that would be just our luck, but we're away for a wedding around my ov time in September so I really don't want to put it off! I also don't want an unstimmed cycle this time, I'm really hoping the meds will just give a little more control and maybe an extra follie to increase the odds slightly!

Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years
6 x IUI all :BFN:

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.
M/c imminent :sniff:

worried1

Reg: Jul 25th 2011

Children: trying

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 4:02pm

Hi wannabe

thanks for that.. guess its justone of these things us women have to do :faint:
big day for you tomorrow hope it goes well. are you testing when you think your af is due? sounds stupid but what i mean is the nurse told me i was to expect my af between 19-24th august. So do what day do you test? Will the test be correct if you test early. Im so new to all this plus so much is happening in my life at once.

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 8:48pm

Just a real quicky to wish wannabe the best of luck for tomorrow. I will send a longer Message tomorrow when iI get back from the hospital XXX
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 8:57pm

good luck, Wannabe... xfingers

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 9:25pm

Thanks for all your good luck wishes ladies....I really hope I can bring some good news to you tomorrow xfingers xfingers xfingers

Stace-My cycle is normally 27 days and I ov on CD13-CD14 normally. I hope that helps with the number crunching.
I know what you mean about trying to fit tx in around other events in your life. If our 1st IUI hasn't worked I don't know whether to do another cycle straight away or not as I won't be able to do one between late Sept/early Oct as it's manically busy at work around then and I won't be able to get the time off for the scans.

Worried-I'm new to all this too but I was told when to test by my clinic who suggest 14 days after insem.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 7:40am

I hope youre ok Wanabe!! been thinking of u xxx xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 7:45am

Hi wannabe, I so hope you get good news... For you :)

I'll be thinking of you today xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 7:48am

Life is so cruel sometimes! When I wiped after collecting my sample for testing this morning I had brown discharge so already knew the result. I still did the test and I'm afraid it was a BFN :bawl:

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 7:50am

Aw hun so so so sorry!! [zx127] xxx

You know where we are if you need to chat! xx

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 8:04am

Sorry to hear that wannabe. Hope you are ok.
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 9:23am

For all of you who have had more than one go at iui, were you allowed to start straight away, month by month if that makes sense?

I was reading the IUI leaflet they gave me at the clinic and it said they usually recommend IUI is tried every other month instead of every month but I REALLY REALLY dont wana wait if it doesnt work this time around.

Whats your experiences of it?

worried1

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 10:09am

hey wannabe -sad news nothing worse than the dreaded af arriving i hate that feeling of going to the toilet and finding that af is there and you have the sinking sad feeling in your stomach.

rebekah. i have just had my first round of clomid and injections. When Af arrives i have to phne the clinic who will scan me then start my next dose, which will be increased. My clinic seem to do 6 months of treatment and if you want you can have one month off.

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 11:43am

Wannabe huni I'm so sorry. Big hugs for u and dh. Did u go to work or did u decide just to stay off?

Rebekah. My clinic do back to back unless there r any other issues such as cysts. That's the only reason I had a month break I ended up with a ;4 cm cyst on my right ovary.

Xxxx

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 12:40pm

So sorry wannabe. Hope work isn't too horrible. I kept welling up last fir after I went in and kept pretending someone was in my eye/I had a cold coming.

Life is cruel. Hopefully it will work for you next time, if you're going ahead. Let us know how you're getting on. We're all here. Big hug to you, I was so sure you'd get a +ve.

Rebekah, I have had them back to back in the past, but recently I was finding it was taking too much of a toll on me, emotionally, and also my acupuncturist's advised that I take a 3 month break to work on my cycle.

I get scanned Friday and start meds, meanwhile I am taking royal jelly, evening primrose oil and chaste berry tree extract, as well as folic acid and having acupuncture... If you throw enough at it, something has to stick right?!!!! I swear if I jump, I will rattle!

:O
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

worried1

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 12:54pm

wow stace- thats loads of drugs your taking :happy: here is hoping something works.

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 8:04pm

wannabe - im truley sorry to hear of ur news, i can understand how u must be feeling and u are right, life can be so cruel and its just not fair. I felt everything when i got my bfn nearly 2 weeks ago, angry, sad, a failure and that id let my df down, but i promise u will start to feel a bit better in a few days and ready to start a new cycle. I never thought that at the time but im now trying to be positive and think i now how another shot at it and this time i know what to expect. take care hun xxx

Rebekah - how are u? how is the 2ww going for u? I am doing month after month. Ive not heard of having to have it every other month. Im not sure what the difference would be?

Worried - how are u doing hun?

Stace - glad to hear ur on with a new cycle and that u really are putting every effort in with all the extra meds etc - good on u.

AFM - i went for my scan today which is cd10 for me and I have 2 juicy folicles at 17mm so I have just had my hcg shot at 6.30 and have the iui on Friday morning. Just had a dilemma as well with the hcg, i got pregnol this time (last time it was something beginning with c) but when i got home i realised i had 2 boxs of it and wasnt sure whether i should take both? Each said 5000 on them and i have injected them both. Have i done the right thing? There was no-one to ring as it was after 6pm...eeeek i thought it would be worse taking too little and not ovulating than taking too much. I hope i havent OD'd!! Help haha xx

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 9:09pm

Littleprincesshead, on my last cycle the nurse gave me 2x 5000 pregnol so yes, you were supposed to take them both

All the best for your insem on friday and great to hear about your follie sizes! Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 9:28pm

Evening ladies.

Thank you so so much for all your kind messages. You are all such wonderful people and what you've all said has put a huge smile on my face after a very long and difficult day blowkiss

PrincessRebekah-Hope you're doing okay hun. Less than a week for you to go now :)

PLH-So pleased to hear everything is going to plan. Hope everything goes well on Friday and hoping it'll be your turn for a BFP this time.

Stace-It really sounds like you're giving your all to this journey. I've been taking folic Acid and Omega 3 but that's about it.

Worried-Hopefully your AF won't arrive and you won't need another IUI xfingers

Lynn-how's your 2ww going? Are you going to test 14 days after OV or wait for AF to arrive?

AFM-I phoned the clinic this morning to break the bad news and the nurse was really lovely. She said that if I wanted to do another cycle I can start it as soon as AF arrives (I've only got spotting at the moment). DH and I have decided to give it another shot as it's certainly more affordable than IVF. I have to say that the last couple of days of the 2ww were a killer and I nearly made myself sick with nerves before I tested this morning and, even though I was very upset at my BFN, I couldn't believe how much better I felt once it sank in. My life has been on hold for the last 2 weeks but now I can look forward to our weekend away this weekend and our week off work next week smile2

TTC since 2008

My Diary

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Wannabemum82" (Aug 17th 2011, 9:30pm)

worried1

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 8:47am

morning everyone

wannabe- thats nice that your away for the weekend where are you going? Ive booked to go away a weekend next month but not sure if that will interfere with my cycle. Plus my other half bought me a photo shoot/makeover for my birthday in May so i am going for that next month. On top of that i have lots of appointments to look for my wedding dress, so that should keep me busy over the next wee while.

Princesslittlehead- thats good that you have 2 juicy folicles its all go for you this weekend.

Rebekah. Lynn and i are at the same clinic, where we get treatment each month.

Lynn- how are you doing

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 9:27am

Hope everyones ok!

Wanabe: I know youve been feeling down and disappointed but youre doing great hun! Youre so positive and I think it helps! I have EVERYTHING crossed for next cycle hun!! xx :thumbsup:

Worried- I was my best mates bridesmaid on the weekend- where you getting married?? I bet youre excited!

PLH, stace and lynn- i hope youre all ok girls!! xx

Questions- why do some people have double the amount of trigger as others? I had Pregnyl 5000iu which left my system by day 4 (which seems very early). How do they know it's enough and why did it only last in my system 4 days?! (i know cos i tested!! oopsy!) :O

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 12:59pm

I'm afraid I can't help with your question PrincessRebekah as I had a different trigger shot called Ovitrelle which was just the one shot and is measure in mg. I'm sure one of the other ladies might have some ideas though.

I have a question to for you ladies who have had previous cycles of IUI....when should I expect my AF. I've had a teeny bit of spotting but nothing much else yet. I'm CD26 today and my cycle is normally 27 days long. I suppose I'm just being impatient as I want to get on with my next cycle asap.

I have the same worry as you now Stace about the forthcoming Bank Holiday!

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 1:30pm

rebekah - i wasn't actually told how much trigger i should have. When i got home i had two boxes and wasnt sure so i took them both. Maybe u should ask about it? Im tempted to test this time purely to see when its out my system.

Wannabe - I too was spotting for a couple of days before af. I tested on a friday and didnt get full flow until monday so I think i had a 29 day cycle. Normally mine is 33-36!! So was quite pleased with that.

Stace - thats a relief to know that u took both as well. surely it cant do any harm anyway even if i have taken too much hardly anything was in the syringe for the first trigger anyway.

Im feeling a bit crappy today...had heartburn for a few hours and wont go and just feel lazy and havent got much energy - which i suspect is from the hcg. Well ive told my boss about the iui tomorrow and all is fine i can have the day off. In a strange kind of way im looking forward to it but on the other hand, cant quite believe im gonna be in the 2ww again :faint:

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 3:19pm

Wannabe - if you have been on progesterone then AF should arrive about 3 days or so after you stop taking it. If you weren't using progesterone then AF usually arrives 16-18 days after trigger. At least that has been my experience of it. If AF does not arrive within that time frame the clinic usually advises you to retest at which time you may get a different result or AF will arrive 5 minutes later :rolleyes:

Becky - Different medication often has a different effective threshold. I used one medication for trigger that was 5000iu, then another that was 10 000iu and a third that was 7500iu followed by yet another that was measured in mg (if you read the insert it will tell you how many iu it is equivalent to) but I can't remember offhand what the dosage was. Of course I also used the same medication at different dosage at one point as that was the only dosage they had in stock. The range quoted is that it will be out of your system in 7-10 days but mine was out in 6 days (4 days after insem) regardless of what dosage I used. Also remember that the sensitivity of the sticks used will also affect how quickly the trigger appears to be out of your system and this can vary not only brand to brand but also from stick to stick in the same brand.

WRT how soon till you do another cycle - it varies according to clinic and which protocol was used. My clinic let me do them back to back if I wanted but I know of ladies who were advised by their clinics to wait for 2 natural AF's (i.e. up to 3 months) between attemps.

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 3:22pm

I used sticks that recognise 25miu of HCG +

I Just rang my clinic who said it takes about 24 hours to leave your system, which goes against everything Ive read! :rolleyes:

I duno. I guess it can depend on a lot of things!

Reg: Aug 10th 2011

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 4:04pm

hi girls

wannabmum- im so sorry to hear your news, i can only imagine how hard it must be in the 2ww and then the dissapointment of a BFN, but you seem to be a very positive person which is brill and really good you just want to get onto the next cycle, i have everything xfingers for you and im sure it will be your turn next... xfingers

Me and other half had our nurses appointment on tues and she tried to explain exerything about all the differnt drugs iv gotta take and sniff and inject and insert OMG what a headache I think and please correct me if im wrong but the IUI cycle starts on cd 19 (we have opted to start next cycle due to a few social events comming up) and i have to start taking norethisterone and sniff buserlin to strip back my hormones before i can start injecting to stimulated my overies.. the whole process is abt 8 weeks?? did any of you girls have to do this and if so how bad are the side effects as i suffer quiet bad with PMT so im thinking these sides effects r gonna be awfull but im hoping u guys mite tell me there not as bad as im thinking they will b...
i must admit i feel very scared now its finally here iv got all sorts of emotions going round in my head... is that normal?? :O

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 7:52pm

Hi ladies, just popping on quickly!

Lisa, I think you'd be odd if you weren't a little worried about it! It's a very unnatural thing, and I remember having the thought of why do we have to go through this when others that seem less deserving can conceive so easily etc etc. It's funny how quickly you get used to the routine though!

Afraid I can't help you on the meds as I haven't started mine yet. All I know is I won't be sniffing, I am just having some low dose injectibles. I don't know your history, but assume everyone's medication cycle will start on different days etc due to cycle lengths, leutal phases, follie production etc.

Wannabe, I keep obsessing about what day of cycle I will potentially be on! I am gonna have a chat with the nurses tomorrow and see what they think will happen!

Plh, it's good that your boss is understanding. Good luck for the

Gizzi, how you getting on on the 2ww? You still getting the same symptoms?
Hi everyone else!
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 8:51pm

Hi girls. Having the same symptoms but had some brown discharge today. Sorry for tmi. I'm really worried I'm gonna wake up in am with af. Xxxxxx

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 8:53pm

A bit early for af isn't it? How long are your cycles usually?

You never know it might be more good signs. Stay positive Hun! Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 9:02pm

My medicated cycles were around 31 days long. I don't have cycles naturally so I'm unsure. I'm on cd29 at the minute. Xxxx

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

United Kingdom

Friday, August 19th 2011, 9:47am

Morning ladies.

Thanks for the advice on when to expect AF Rene and PLH. Still not much happening yet. I’m away at the weekend and if nothing has happened when we come home on Monday then I’ll do another test just in case a miracle has happened

Lisa- Thanks for your kind words hun. I’m afraid I haven’t had the same meds as you but every clinic does things differently. I did have a few mood swings whilst taking the stimulating injections and the trigger shot gave me very tender boobs.

Stace-Once AF arrives I have to go for a baseline scan so I’m going to ask the clinic if they think the insem might fall over the Bank Holiday based on how well I reacted to the drugs last time. I had my baseline scan on CD2 last time (Monday), started taking meds that evening, went for a scan on CD9 (the following Monday) and was ready to do the trigger shot that evening. So, if AF comes this weekend I’ll have my baseline scan on Monday which means I could be ready for the trigger on Bank Holiday Monday when the clinic won’t be open

Lynn-hope you’re okay hun. Keeping my fingers crossed that AF is not on the way.
xfingers

TTC since 2008

My Diary

Friday, August 19th 2011, 4:25pm

Hi girls just to let u know that af arrived in full flow overnight making one awful mess this morning. So she basically laughed at me and kicked me in the gut for being so stupid as to assume I may have ovulated and laughably thought there was a tiny chance of a bfp

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

Reg: Aug 10th 2011

Friday, August 19th 2011, 5:00pm

afternoon girls,

Gizzi-so sorry to here AF arrived I know there is nothing i can say to help when this happens to us we just need to pick ourselfs up and get ready for the next cycle and try and again and keep positive xxx

Im Really confused now as to why i have to have drugs to put me in a kinda early menapulse state b4 i can take stimulating drugs. oh well im sure they know what there doing at the bcrm Iv got another month to worry about it yet, gonna make the most of that month and do a bit of socialising and enjoying myself.. has anyone doen reflexology before and durin g iui?? jst thought it mite help i have one near me that speciallises in fertility..

wannabemun-hope u have a lovely w.end away relax and enjoy yourself with a few drinks.. xxx

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Friday, August 19th 2011, 7:15pm

:rose: Hello everyone,

Been a long time since been on here.. Wanted to stop in an say hello an not sure if any of my old buddies is on here anymore but if so HELLO.. We had our Little Girl almost 4 months ago an soon be tryn again for another baby.. I will try to be on here more as time gets closer to start once again. We're not 100% sure if going to do IUI or just take meds an TI just yet. Got to see what OB says next month on when can start trying again. Just finally had my AF normally now so will start OPK testing this month too get a idea of when I O again.

Hello once again an good day everyone.. FX for all of you get a BFP very soon.. xfingers

:heart: SLYFOXY
Back trying again with IUI

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Friday, August 19th 2011, 7:18pm

Hi, Lisa
Some clinics (like yours) prefer to put their patients on a long protocol wich includes that is commonly referred to as down-regulation. This will basically ensure that they can control exactly when you ovulate. When you don't take the down-reg meds there is always the possibility that you may ovulate spontaneously but with down-regulation you will not. I know of a number of ladies who have been on protocols like yours.
That said, my clinic was one that did not use the long protocol so I have never experienced the side effects of those medications. From what I have read the effects are generally like worsened PMS but the side-effects lessen when you start to take the stimulation drugs. The long-protocol closely matches the protocol often used for IVF the only difference being that they try to give lower doses of stimms so that you will only develop 1 or 2 follicles as opposed to the 5-10 preferred for IVF.

Gizzi, sorry to see that AF has arrived.

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Friday, August 19th 2011, 7:23pm

Hiya, Slyfoxy - good to see you again, and congratulations on the arrival of your little girl. It is always good for the newer ladies to see a success story.

You may be interested in having a look at this area:
http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…oard&boardID=66
where most of the ladies who are trying for a second baby (or even third or fourth) get together to chat and they cover all forms of TTC from natural to IVF...

Good luck on your journey...

Friday, August 19th 2011, 7:29pm

Rene hello hello,

I sure have missed a lot on these forums and all of the ladies..

Thanks for the hello an I will check out the other forums also. I got a buddy of mine to join this place. She's new an trying to get a hang of this place.. She later may come over in this part when she gets use too these forums.

:goodluck: too all you lovely ladies trying too get that BFP.. I will be praying for you all.

Again thanks for the hello.. Have a great day..

:rose: SLYFOXY

Saturday, August 20th 2011, 10:07pm

Hi ladies, well I've been started on the menopur, 75ui per day until thurs, when I will be scanned and fingers crossed I can be triggered for insem on the Friday before the dreaded bhol weekend.

Lynn, so sorry for your bfn, I know what you mean about the witch laughing, it does feel a bit like that sometimes. Big hugs to you. What's next for you?

Hi slyfoxy, lovely to have a positive story on here, did you have stimms on your iui cycles or were they unmedicated?

How's everyone else doing? Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 6:32am

Friday evening I had really bad af cramps which I was convinced was the start of af. I'd only be 9dpiui at that point. Although they're no where near as bad im still having weird twinges and I'm 11dpiui this morning. I don't know what happened Friday! I'm slightly worried I should have stated af but the pessaries are keeping it at bay...anyway. Af is due Wednesday and OTD is Friday. I hope you're all ok x

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 10:57am

Ah, Becky - these kinds of symptoms are very common. Remember always that the symptoms of early pregnancy are exactly the same as PMS. Stay strong - it's only a few more days.

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 11:21am

It really is so confusing and u just can't guess if it's af or good news! Although the cramps were exactly what I have on cd1 and even my calf muscles were cramping which always happens day 1 of af! Strange!

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 6:37pm

Hi slyfoxy, lovely to have a positive story on here, did you have stimms on your iui cycles or were they unmedicated?

Just stopped in to answer your questions... My DH had low sperm count an other things so he was put on Clomid to help improve his T-Levels which it did plus I put him on a vitmain cocktail that i call it. Then after got him straighten out I told our RE I wanted to have other test ran too make sure not missing anything so I had a lap, hsg an a hsgscopy done. They found stage 1 endo on my uterus only so they removed it then I was put on 2.5mg Femara July an I done OPK tsting done IUI an got pg in Aug. So I had my test done in June 2010 then got pg aug 2010..

If I hadn't got pg we was going to be moving on too IVF/ICSI but didn't have too that time. Thank goodness. Now we're fixing to try again very soon after I see my OB too make sure I'm healed up from my C-section. My Dh has a SA the very next day after my Ob appt so we're praying his counts are still good an solid.

Good Luck too you ladies may you get the much needed BFP very soon. Hang in there an don't give up.

:rose: SLYFOXY

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 6:47pm

Hi girls,

How is everyone?

Rebekah - i really hope that its a positive sign xfingers xfingers xfingers

Slyfox - welcome to the thread...its so nice to hear a success story. Can I ask, did u have any symptoms of endo? I have only had a dye and its came back clear but ive been wondering lately if i should have the lap as well just in case.

Lynne - Im really sorry to hear about af, hope u are ok hun [zx127]

Stace - good luck with the start of ur new cycle xfingers xfingers xfingers this is it for u.

Hello to everyone else :)

I had the iui on Friday morning and all went ok. Sperm was 150million and she even showed us some under the microscope, it was amazing to see...they were going crazy and so many of them!! Now one of the buggers needs to pull its finger out and do the job!! Im on 3dpiui so nothing to report here at the mo. Just praying its all been working inside but i guess ill just have to wait another 11 days noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo x

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 7:48pm

Slyfox - welcome to the thread...its so nice to hear a success story. Can I ask, did u have any symptoms of endo? I have only had a dye and its came back clear but ive been wondering lately if i should have the lap as well just in case.

I never had any signs I had stage 1 endo at all other than couldn't get pregnant again after having our first DD We tried an tried for years for me to get pg with #2 without any help an finally I told Dh he needed to be checked an found out he had low T-Levels an his count was low so got him straighted out but before done that we done 2 IUI with one RE an it failed an then switched RE an he done all the bw on me an said I was good to go an then done a SA on my DH an said his counts was low so he done one IUI with 5mg Femara an it failed so got my DH his help then after that told my RE do more test on me too make sure nothing is missing so he done as I said an found the endo on my uterus.. I never once knew I had it but after had 2 failed IUI with meds an then the 3rd failed I knew deep down something had to be wrong. That is why after got Dh straighten out I told our Re to do the test as I felt something was wrong an my gut feeling was correct.. So thankful had all that done or we would be doing IVF/ICSI. Sometimes listening to you guts feelings is best..

Hope this has been of some help. As I was told some women don't even know they have endo until have the lap done an found it.

Good Luck..

:rose: SLYFOXY.

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 9:07pm

Hey ladies. Just a quckie from me. I have been left with 8 cysts ranging in sizes biggest being 3.9 cm. So they can't cycle this month. :-( I'm not in any pain. Last time this happened I had one 4 cm cyst and I was in agony. Maybe it's still to come. I'm really sad and bummed but wot can u do. I asked for ivf referral. Theysaid no. Too soon. I'm away to bed.

Big hugs to everyone who needs them!!

Xxxxxxx

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

United Kingdom

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 9:55pm

Hi ladies

It's been pretty busy on here since I went a way for the weekend. I had a lovely time in Swanage with DH and now we have the rest of the week off to do some things around the house and to relax.

Lynn-I'm so sorry to hear AF arrived and that you have cysts. I really hope they clear up soon and you can move onto another cycle. I know you must be feeling very fed up but try to keep your chin up hun [zx127]

PLH-Glad you insem went okay. I have moderate endo but didn't know this until I ended up with an endo cyst on my left ovary which I had a lap to remove it and endo on my right ovary, uterus and diaphragm. Now that I've had it removed my periods are a lot less painful but I didn't realise that it was the endo causing the pain as it was something that only gradually got worse. Have you had any symptoms that you are concerned about?

Becky-Hope you're ok hun. Not long to go now. Try to stay positive xfingers

Stace-Hope the meds are going ok and glad to hear insem is going to be before the BH :)

Slyfox-lovely to hear an IUI success story. We just need a few more now!

AFM- The witch arrived at the weekend and I had my baseline scan this afternoon when we got back from our weekend away. All seems to be fine but I already have quite a few follies, 2 of which are 10mm and one which is 11mm. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing as I'm only allowed to have 2 mature follies for insem ;( Anyway, cycle 2 starts tonight with the lowest dose of Gonal F as I reacted to it very quickly last time.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

worried1

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 4:05pm

how cruel can mother nature be. I was told by the nurse that my af would arrive on the 19th, it didnt it came today. On top of that i had to go back to the hospital for a scan. While scanning me the nurse said that i had one follicule that was very large and that there is now way they can do treatment on me this month. I just made it back to my car before i burst into tears. I cant believe how emotional this whole thing is. So thats a failed cycle and now a cancelled cycle, i have to wait until my next af then get scanned again to make sure i am clear. Im so worried now because of my age and the fact that i have a low egg reserve just feel my chances are slipping away.
Any ladies experienced this problem, or had a month cancelled, can anyone give me advice on how to cope.

;(

Tuesday, August 23rd 2011, 7:25pm

thanks slyfox, i am really considering asking for one should this 2nd iui not work and most definately before ivf (should i need it). I dont particularly have anysymptoms, the only thing which got me thinking was the fact that 2 days before af...sometimes a bit longer I get brown spotting. Thats really the only think...my periods are very very light and i do get cramping but nothing significant. But i guess its better to get checked. Does endo actually prevent u from getting pregnant then? If so how? Sorry for all the q's!!

Worried1 - I really sorry to hear about ur cycle hun. It is so so difficult ttc its such an emotional rollercoaster. Im sorry but i cant advise on the low egg reserve as I dnt think ive ever had that checked. Maybe one of the other ladies on here could help?

Wannabe - sounds like u have been busy and i hope u have enjoyed ur well deserved weekend away. Really make the most of destressing and relaxing during ur week off :)
Re the endo, i dont really have any symptoms apart from the brown spotting before my period (which are very light and fairly painless). I do think it would be worth checking it out tho.

Just had my dog at the vets today...£112!!!!!!! my mouth dropped to the floor... :faint: she has a poorly leg as my other day (her dad) bit her leg and she is now hobberling around on 3 legs bless her...we are now stocked up on medicines for my little princess.
Well my OTD ive realised is the day before a wedding we are going to which DF is best man!!! So...im trying to look at from both sides, if i get a bfp... :thumbsup: if i get a bfn i will be drinking to oblivion!!!! (beer) (beer4) (beer3) :whoops: zzzz

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 11:08am

Worried. We r at same clinic? Monklands? I've just had an abandoned cycle and went for scan just to find out I have 8 cysts so no tx for me this month. Wot age r u? Have they checked ur amh levels? That's ur ovarian reserve. Big hugs.

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 11:26am

Hi girls.

Im starting injections again tonight. They let me have another go straight away. Im on different drugs now though and stronger ones. She couldnt give me any answers to why it failed so badly last go but im quite positive and hopeful about this cycle!

Theyve given me a pen this time (name of it begins with a P but cant remember what its called) which is almost identical to my insulin pen, and it doesnt hurt at all. Because the passaries made me so sore she talked about gels or injections but im not fussed on doing injections as ive heard progesterone injections can be quite painful. I'm going to give the pessaries another chance....Hopefully we'll be friends this time!

I only had one follie last time so were aiming for 2 this time. xfingers

Have only had access to FZ on my iphone which is ahrd work so i need to do a bit of catching up! I hope you're all ok x

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests