You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 6:19pm

Went to pick up our test results earlier only to find they hadn't done hep b or c tests and only HIV ones!!! I feel like crying! Results take about two weeks to come back and af is due in 6 days! Do u have to have these results before we start iui or can we start the injections and wait for the results? I can't bear to wait another month again!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Reg: Apr 15th 2009

Children: i'm the local cat lady!!!!

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 9:32pm

Woohoo princesslittlehead. How exciting!!!!

Wannabe af should've arrived today but no sign yet. Been having bad cramp since last night so it should be here shortly. Hope it comes b4 w-end my clinic closed too and since I had cyst last time they want me to have a scan ASAP.

Hi rene Rebekah and everyone else. Xxxxxx

Me 28- DH 28 [zx151] (no issues)
Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear
Clomid 100mg - No OV = :BFN:
treatment stopped due to weight
June 2010 Clomid 100mg+ Provera +metformin 850mg :BFN:

:angel2: babydust :sticky:

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 8:38am

Hi, Rebekah
I cannot vouch for your clinic but i know mine would not go ahead till they had all the results. Then again, results come back within a few days here. I would advise that you give your clinic a call and ask whether you can start in the interim as your results should be back before you actually get to insem...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 8:45am

I literally just got off the phone to them.

She said i can have them done when i go to start the injections and they take a few days to come back. She said as long as theyre back before insem then its ok and not to worry and that it should be fine. She really put me at ease and I nearly cried all over again on the phone! :O

Hep B/C are the most important one due to them not being able to wash it out of the sperm, where as HIV they can! I didnt know that!

Thank goodness! I cant believe they didnt test us for them when the NHS said they did!! How frustrating. At least the HIV ones are all ok and ready to go!

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 9:05am

Oh Princessrebekah...you poor thing. At lease it seems like hopefully they'll have the results before your insem ;). Having all these tests done is so frustrating (especially when you know you haven't got any of the things they are testing for) and then the tests are only valid for a certain amount of time before you have to have them done again (they're valid for a year at my clinic). We had to have ours done again in Feb and I haven't even started my first IUI yet! Plus, if I hadn't managed to get my GP to do them on the NHS the tests would have cost us over £400!!!

Lynn-sounds like you'll be starting tx very soon hun. I hope your cyst is gone when they do your first scan xfingers

xx

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 9:13am

You're right it is frustrating and very VERY emotional. I actually feel really let down by the NHS too, another reason why we're going privately. But thats another rant for another time! :snigger:

We all seem to be at similar stages on here though which is good because at least we have people to rant to, or help, or listen to or feel positive for. [zx127]

xx

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:13am

Oh and a quick question.

I assume we have a trigger shot injection is that right? When does this happen? Is it the day you would normally ovulate or do they keep scanning you until the follies are big enough and then you use a trigger shot? Or am i getting confused!

?(

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:21am

Hi girls,

Rebekah - Im sorry ur having a hard time at the mo, it is so emotionally draining, frustrating and nothing ever goes fast enough. You have to have the patience of a saint when going through fertility treatment. One thing i just wanted to mention was that I have never been asked to do a blood test for HIV HEP B/C?? im not sure why they havent asked me to do them if, as it seems to be an important part of the tests in othe clinics. But like they have said, at least u can still start n as long as there back before the actual iui thats brill :happy:

Gizzi - I hope af arrives soon, then you can crack on with the iui... xfingers

Wannabemum - hope your ok hun.

Well we did the dreaded injection last night at 7pm! It was no way as bad as i thought it was going to be. So far ive just been getting pains n twinges in both ovaries so seems like its doing its job. Only concern i had but i may be worrying over nothing, i did the trigger 7pm last night and the iui wont be done until 11am friday. Is that too late? It seems very late to me.
My god ill be on the 2ww tommorrow........................... :wacko:
x
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:23am

Rebekah - regarding the trigger shot, with me, they have scanned until they have seen a big enough folicle. I only had to have one scan on cd10 and i had 4. However, normally i dont ovulate until alot later as my cycles are 34 days. So my folicles must grow very big. So having the trigger last night will make me ovulate anytime now and therefore my cycle should be shorter. My otd is 2 weeks tommorrow.
Hope that makes sense! x

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:33am

Yeah it does make sense. So the trigger acts as your ovulation for that month then? Because in my head (haha) i think my body knows each month when it's going to ovulate so wondered if taking a trigger shot BEFORE that time it will mess things up? Does that make sense? I really do over think these things sometimes.

x

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:37am

yeah i know what u mean, the trigger shot though, is a hormone which makes your folicles release an egg...so even if youd normally ovulate late, you wouldnt have any folicles left anyway as the trigger would have released them, if you know what i mean! Ive also read the trigger itself, is hgc - the pregnancy hormone, so you are likely to have pregnancy symptoms from it - nice just what u need!!! Plus it stays inyour urine for around a week so if you test early, u may get a false positive.
Im almost tempted to test as ive never seen a positive in my life haha-id better not though, silly idea! x

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 10:43am

No I know, I feel the same!! I'm going to get majorly told off for saying this but id even be tempted to test everyday after the trigger until i can see the trigger is out of my system and then go from there.

Alot of women find testing and having BFN a really traumatic experience when testing too early- its obvious from alot of the posts people write after testing early and theres obviously a huge section dedicated to testing early on 2WW saying it's best not to. But I dont find it works like that for me- Id rather be prepared than build up all my hopes until I reach test day. Although each to thier own! I dont think im normal in that respect but it's something ive always felt regardless of what treatment i've ever had! Especially with my CF.

I do think though that if you can wait until test day that you're better off becuase at least then you know definitively whether its worked or not....

xfingers

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 11:08am

Hi, Ladies
I must admit that I was a compulsive tester. I would start 6 days after trigger to confirm that it was out of my system and then test every day as I was convinced that any positive I then got would be for real.
I can tell you that it does not always work that way. On one particular cycle I got a negative about 9 days after trigger (7 days after insem) and 4 days later got a positive. I was in celebration mode! I was beaming from ear to ear, although I shared this information with no-one. I was devastated 3 days later when the home test came back negative, the blood test came back negative and AF arrived right on time - 14 days and 3 hours after insem. I must have cried for hours - I was on duty so had to be sent home as I was so upset.

The next cycle I did the same and when I got a positive on day 11 again I started crying because I was convinced it would turn out the same as the previous cycle. Fortunately I had a sticky one but I spent every day of the next 16 weeks convinced that it was some kind of cruel joke and I was not really pregnant.

If I had to do it all over again (pray God that I will have the opportunity) I am going to steer clear of those evil sticks until OTD as I cannot bear the thought of living that rollercoaster of not being sure that the result I saw was for real...

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 12:33pm

I know it's easy to say but I've always thought that I'd try my hardest to wait until OTD before testing but, like Princesslittlehead, I've never seen a positive result in my life either! I'm itching to get going with my treatment but have not had any signs yet that AF is on the way :-(

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 21st 2011, 1:26pm

Sounds like you had a nightmare Rene!!

How do you resist testing though? I honestly cant do it! I think it's because it's constantly on my mind, and i go over it and over it until my head wants to explode! :drunk: :rant: :hairout :snigger:

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 10:03am

Hi Ladies,

Well im now officially on the 2ww.... ;( Had the iui yesterday and went ok, it wasn't as bad as i thought. I did get some af type cramps and was a bit sensitive afterwards but nothing that needs any painkillers really. DF's sperm was apparantly excellent...several million were put in...so i have everything crossed!!! Been feeling very emotional though, one minute im happy, then i start getting doubts its not gona work. It feels quite surreal that its been done and i now just have to wait 2 weeks to test...very very nervous!!!!

How is everyone else? x

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 1:40pm

Yay princesslittlehead !!! That's great news. Let the 2ww begin!! It always feels as though we r waiting for something. Waiting for referral. Waiting for tx to begin. Waiting for af. Waiting to take drugs. Waiting to see if iui will go ahead. Then the longest wait of all. The 2ww. Hopefully the last wait for u.

Keep us updated on ur signs and symptoms. Good luck. Xxxx

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 2:15pm

Thanks Lynne. I will do Ill keep u updated with any symptoms. None so far but i guess its only 1dpiui!! x

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 2:50pm

Whats the best cure for stupid AF cramps (when you dont even have AF!!!!)??? ARGH! ow ow ow!

So hows everyones weekend been? 2 days to go before hopefully AF is here!! never thought id say that! :snigger: Then injection time! Hope everyones ok xx

United Kingdom

Monday, July 25th 2011, 9:03am

Hi ladies

Hope you've all had a lovely weeekend.

Fantastic news Princesslittlehead :smile: So excited for you and keeping everything crossed that it works first time.

Well, AF arrived yesterday! I've got my baseline scan this morning at 11.30 to check that all follies have collapsed and there are no cysts. Hopefully there'll be no nasty surprises this time and we can start injections tonight :happy: I'm really excited about starting tx but very nervous about the whole injection thing. I had my injection training back in February and i'm worried I'll have forgotten how to do it!

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, July 25th 2011, 9:36am

Wannabemum- You'll be fine! It's suprising how much you remember when it comes around to it! You cant go wrong!

Hopefully I'll be starting AF tomorrow and be joining you! xfingers

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 12:01am

Wannabe. No matter how much u wish u could u will never forget. It's like riding a bike.

Rebekah. Have u tried paracetamol and hot water bottle? A hot bath usually helps too. Failing all else a big tub of Ben and jerrys!!!

Princesslittlehead how u getting on?

I'm on cd 5. Had my first injection of gonal f 150 today. Will finish clomid tomorrow. Injection on wed then on fri. And first scan to see if any follies have bloomed on Monday. Not holding out much hope I wasn't basted til cd22 last time. I took that long to respond they nearly cancelled tx. All they have done differently this time Is up my first 2 injection dose to 150 but Fridays dose is still 75. Nurse says they have totake things easy. I don't want to take it easy I just want it to work. Childish strop and stomped foot away for a while. I promise. Lol.

Hope u r all doing well.

Diagnosed with PCOS 1996
TTC since 2006
HSG 2007 - tubes clear

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 8:46am

Hi girls, how is everyone?
Rebekah-any sign of af yet?

Wannabemum-Good luck u will be fine with the injections I'm sure hun.
Lynne-Wishing you lots of luck too huN got everything crossed!

AFM Ive got a cold at mo which isnt good. Also yesterday iI started getting some aching near my ovaries and a bit of backache not sure what it is as im only 4dpiui today X

United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 9:08am

Monring ladies!

Well, my scan was fine yesterday and DH did my first injections last night (Gonal F 75 and Buserelin) :smile: and I'm please to say that they were on where near as bad a I thought they would be. I've got to carry on injecting until Friday when I have my next scan to see how my follies are responding. The nurse said they don't expect too much to have happen by then but they don't want to leave me until the following Monday in case I over stimulate (seeing as this is my first time).

Any sign of AF yet PrincessRebekah?

Lynn-is sounds like you're just a couple of days ahead of me so we might be having insem at around the same time.

Princesslittlehead-take it easy and make sure you get lots of rest, I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 9:27am

My little AF dance hasnt worked just yet! :dancing:

Wannabemum - Glad injections were ok. I think the thought is always worse especially if you build yourself up and get anxious!

PLH - i agree!! take it easy, feet up and relax. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and try not to worry!

Gizzi- Your a week ahead of me by the sounds of it! I have my xfingers for you.

xx

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 8:19pm

I do hope she arrives soon rebekah! Wannabemum Im glad they went ok. AFM I have no symptoms at all the pains have gone and ive not even had any symptoms from the hcg jab is that normal? X

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 8:26pm

Af is here. With a vengeance! As we speak I'm lying on my bed and I'm in such bad pain! I feel sick, the lot. It's horrible!

Anyway. Slight heart attacks earlier. I rang the clinic to say I'd started af and the lady who answered said 'ok we'll book you in next week for the treatment plan and make a note that today is day 1'.

NEXT WEEK?!!!!

I explained that I had been told I could start on day 1 and I've rung the clinic several times in the meantime and not been told anything about needing a treatment plan first, and also I need blood tests for hep b and c which take a while to come back! She said shed find out and call back.

When I called back an hr later, they said to come in tomorrow and they'll start my injections, run through a quick plan and do my bloods and that basically they shouldn't be doing it that way but I wasn't told I needed to go back for a treatment plan after my initial consultation!!

Not sure what to think but I'm just glad it's going ahead!!

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 9:53pm

Woooooooo rebekah ur starting!!!! How exciting!!!! keep us posted!! OO n iI hope ur af pains go very soon for u XXX

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 7:55am

Thanks hun. Not so bad today thankfully but im stocked up on painkillers!!

How are you feeling? x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 9:03am

Excellent news about AF arriving PincessRebekah and so glad that your clinic is letting you go ahead today!!!

It looks like there will be several of us on the 2ww at the same time if we all successfully get to insem...how exciting :happy:

CD4 for me today and injection last night was fine. I think DH is getting the hang of playing nurse now [zx005]

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 9:16am

I'm glad theres a few of us! we can all support each other.

So how much do u actually inject? I watched this american program about IVF etc the other day and they were injectiong huge amounts, like a whole syringe full of stuff!!

And does you partner do it for you? :snigger:

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 7:02pm

Ok girls. Got my drugs. Starting on 0.3 mls of suprecur and 37.5 iu (is that the measurement?! It's a very tiny amount in the syringe anyway) of menopur and a scan Tuesday to see what's going on. She said she didn't expect to see much but wants to check. 

Does that sound like a normal dose? It's meant to be a low dose. She scanned me and saw 8 follicles in my right ovary so said I need gentle stimulation and go from there.

Also, she's aiming to get 2 or 3 big enough before I do the hcg shot! So I guess that's normal? I feel happy with it anyway! Sorry if I've explained anything badly.. Oops! X

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:15am

I didnt name the other drug!! Menopur!! oops! haha x

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:31am

One other little concern. She actually counted 8 follies in one ovary and there were some in my other ovary at my first scan on CD2.

I couldnt stop thinking last night that even with gentle stimulation thats going to be a huge concern for OHSS?!

I can help worrying about all of this!

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:15am

Hi PrincessRebekah.

It sounds like we both have the same worries as it's our first time [zx127]

I'm injecting 0.25ml Suprecur and 75 iu of Gonal F (which I think is a similar FSH drug to the Menopur that you are injecting) However, I've only been advised to do the Gonal F every other day at the moment. Are you doing Menopur every day?

As it's our first time I think both our clinics are being cautious just to see how our ovaries respond. I already had a 9mm follie on my righ ovary on CD2 and a few smaller ones on the left ovary at my first scan. I feel the same as you, I don't want to grow too many (the clinic only allows you to have a maximum of 3 for insem) but equally I'd like more than one big follie to give us a better chance.

I also have a question for everyone....are/have any of you taken your DH/DF/DP in with you for the insem? I'm not sure whether I want DH there or not.

xx

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:20am

Im so glad im not alone!

I will be taking DF in with me, just because although i feel its awkward and not something im happy doing normally (the whole messing around down there thing etc) it's important to me that hes there for that part. If that makes sense?

Im doing the menopur everyday from today. Can I ask a stupid question. Out of my 8 follies then, is it normally that just one of those will grow big enough everymonth and get released? The other wait in a queue to do the same every month? (lol :snigger: ) And with the injections, they will grow but a few would grow faster and get bigger than some of the others? Is that how it works? So not all 8 will grow at the same rate etc?

?( x

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:32am

I feel exactly the same about taking DH in with me. I don't really want him to see what goes on down there but I think he should be part of it as, if it works, it will be a special moment that we can both share. Also, when we have a baby one day he's going to see far worse!

I think your ovaries have several follies on them each month and then only one or two develop enough to release an egg without assisted stimulation. I'm not sure how your body controls how many mature engouh to release an egg when you are taking stimulating drugs. I suppose everyone is differnet, so you might get several nice big follies with very little extra stimulation from the drugs. I'm due for my 2nd scan (CD6) tomorrow to see what is happening but the nurse said not to expect too much.

TTC since 2008

My Diary

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 10:51am

The way I see it, although it would be ALOT more romantic the normal way, DP would be there at the insem part anyway!! haha!

You've really put my mind at rest hun, let us know how it goes tomorrow! My next one is on tuesday and was told the exact same thing- not to expect to see much. x

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 11:00am

Rebekah - I had DF in for the iui and some previous scans and i promise its nothing to worry about. In fact DF stood at the other end of the bed where my head was so coulcnt actually see the procedure been done, but i felt so much better him been there. At the end of the day, when you do have your baby/babies...he will see everything and u wont give a dam haha!!
Ive just posted in the 2ww and feel like its not worked, just feel a bit down as i have no symptoms at all. I know i should try n think positive but its so hard. This is the hardest 2ww ive had in a while.

Wishing you all good luck with you jabs and scans. Not be too long now and ull be waiting with me :happy: xx

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 11:10am

I just commented on your other post hun!

DF was there when i had a smear before!! Put me right off! haha! :scared:

xx

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Children: Please!!!!!!

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 8:51pm

Hi ladies,

Wow lots is going on!! Let's hope August is our lucky month!

Sorry I've been away for ages. Been trying to have some time away from all this ttc lark, been on holiday and now I am having my 5th round of iui tomorrow! Let's hope it's 5th time lucky!!!

PrincessRebekah, so please you've started treatment! DH has been with me for the inseam pretty much every time and it's no big deal. WE are having to use DS as DH has azoospermia so we decided he'd be as involved as poss the whole way through.

Littleprincesshead, I will be joining you on the 2ww tomorrow! Hope you're managing to forget about it as much as you can. It is so exhausting being on KW in the second week for me, I'm dreading it again!!

So pleased that we had another BFP on the forum! Stop by and chat sometime babymaybe!

AFM I have one follie grown naturally (they still won't stim me :-() I know you only need one but I'd much rather have a safety net!!! And it was 17mm today on cd 16 (I normally get surge on cd 18 so that's quite good for me) so I had my hcg shot and I 'll be having iui tomorrow lunchtime! My lining was good at 8.9mm too, so trying to think positive and that this time will be THE time. I'm just so bored with it now! People don't understand that it doesn't help that they say to be patient... They forget we have all been trying for YEARS, and this is just adding to that ttc wait.

Anyway, good luck for your scan tomorrow wannabe. I hope you have just a few nicely developing follies!

Stacey x
Stacey
TTC for 5 years
6 x IUI all :BFN:

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.
M/c imminent :sniff:

United Kingdom

Friday, July 29th 2011, 10:46am

Morning ladies!

Well, I went for my 2nd scan this morning (CD6) and my 9mm follie that was there on CD2 us already 14mm!! Also, I have 1 at 10mm and 2 more at 9mm. So, after the clinic saying they didn't expect much to have happened it appears that I now have servral follies fighting to be the biggest :smile:. I'm waiting for a call form the clinic to confirm whether they want me to drop my Gonal F dose down to 37.5 iu and then scan again Monday. I'm really please that I've responded well to the drugs but now I'm worried that I'm going to have to many big follies and they won't let me continue with IUI ;(

PincessRebekah-hope your injections are going ok.

Princesslittlehead-I haven't been through my first 2ww yet but I can imagine it must be really diffcult. How many dpi are you now???

Hi Stace..glad you're okay. I hope having a break away from all this has helped and that I've got my fingers crossed that it works for you this time xfingers

TTC since 2008

My Diary

worried1

Reg: Jul 25th 2011

Children: trying

Saturday, July 30th 2011, 9:28pm

new one

hi everyone

im just new to this site, i was reading other stories about iui. i have just started my first course of clomid. I had to attend hospital for my first injection today, must have nearly passed out from holding my breath as the nurse injected me (im a wimp at needles). Got to go back to hospital to be shown how to do my own injections - being a 1st class wimp im unsure if i will be able to do this, all support welcome.

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 9:56am

Hi, Worried, and welcome
WRT self injecting we have had a number of women in the past who have been truly phobic about needles. In the end they either got their partners to inject them or ended up doing them themselves as they found that the need/desire to have children overrode the fear of needles. The injections are really not that bad in the end -the needles are tiny.
Good luck, Hun and let us know how you get on...

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 5:20pm

Welcome worried1, I too hate needles, but i promise you, once you have the first one, its no where near as bad as you think its going to be. The needles are so small you can hardly feel it.

How is everyone else doing?

Rebekah - doesnt sound like too long before you have the iui...how exciting!!!

Wannabemum - wow!! sounds like the meds are really working for you :thumbsup:

AFM - currently 9dpiui...NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I test on Friday but im am absolutely dreading it. Id stopped testing altogether and waited for af the past 4/5 months cos i cannot bear to see the bfn :thumbdown: Just wish id have something which may have given me some hope but theres been nothing. I never even got any side efects from the hcg!!! Im wondering if it even worked, is that possible? x

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 5:57pm

Princess, Hun, I never had any side effects from the drugs I took for my IUI and was so free of symptoms that I did not believe I could be pregnant. Symptoms on the 2WW mean absolutely nothing. I know of a number of women who had every symptom you could think of and got a BFN while others with the same symptoms who got BFP's, some with no symptoms (myself included) who got BFP's. Don't given up hope, Hun...

Sunday, July 31st 2011, 7:39pm

Rene thanks for that, its good to hear that u too didn't have any symptoms. I'm really gona try n stay positive. Very nervous for Friday XX

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, August 1st 2011, 8:36am

It's so true. Symptoms really do mean nothing hun!! You just have to read some of the BFP stories to see that, but i understand you just want that little hint too keep your PMA up! I'll have everything crossed for you for friday hun! [zx127]

Well, 2nd scan tomorrow to see if any follies have grown! I hope so! The injections aint getting much better but im begining to get annoyed with myself for being so stupid about it! It should be a walk in the park compared to all the other treatments i have to have! :cross:

Worried1, just think over and over, (if it helps), 'No injections, no babies!!'. Thats what im doing and it actually helps me!! :)

Can I ask a question. Say i usually ovulate at CD16/17, will they keep me going until then before giving me the trigger shot? Say for example by CD13 i have large follies the right size and ready to go, will they do it early? Just a bit curious!

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Monday, August 1st 2011, 10:05am

Hiya, Beks
It makes no difference when you "normally" ovulate. If the follies are big enough when they scan you you do the trigger. This is so that they can control the timing of the insemination as closely to your "forced ovulation" as possible. If your follies are ready on day 10 you would trigger then and come back 24-36 hours after the injection (depending on your clinic's protocol) for the insem.

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, August 1st 2011, 10:12am

Oooo good!! :) I did wonder!

So fingers crossed that we'll have some well growing follies, although i dont expect to see much tbh! It'll only be 6 days after injections started when we have the scan tomorrow!

One other question. If you have say 3 follies, one 18mm, and two at 15mm for example, when you do the trigger do all 3 get released or just the biggest one?