You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 9:14am

I think for the whooping cough you have to ask for it I could be wrong but my cousin said she had to ask for hers too so who knows. X
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 2:22pm

just had growth scan an my little man is estimated to be weighing in at 3lbs now a week an few days ahead of average! hes actually turned and is now head down after he was transverse a few days ago lol. placenta is still low so need to go bk at 32 and 34 weeks for more scans... 32wks is more to check growth 34week is where they will make decision if i have c section or not x
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 7:45pm

Lovely news WMG. How do they track the weight or is it linked to the baby's size? It'll be lovely having more scans over the last couple of months, just nice to see LO again before he arrives x

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 8:12pm

Something to do with measurements of baby it's an estimate. Yeah be nice just fed up of going up hosp all the time as its a while from where we live but will just be happy when he's here lol hope u ok hi everyone else x

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 10:15am

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Feeling good, just on permanent knicker watch though :thumbdown:

WMG, great that baby is a good healthy size.

Hey Moogle, glad you and Heather are still popping in to see us every now and again. Not too long for you guys now, very jealous!!

Buzzbee, have a fantastic holiday hun. Our walks were quite far but we're in Scotland and it was much more hilly than where i'm used to walking at home. The doctors dont think the bleed was related to walking anyway. It wasn't particularly heavy, they always ask you how much blood there was and its so hard to tell. They couldn't find any obvious reason for it and the sonographer said about 90% of bleeds in pregnancy have no obvious cause.

Hi EE, well done on making your first big purchase. We decided to go quite cheap and simple on the cot (IKEA) as we'll probably buy a new one as soon as our LO moves up to a bed. Still feel a little uneasy thinking that far ahead but trying to be really positive about the future. We did manage to buy a Jellycat Bunny while we were away, its the one and only thing we've bought so far!! Very cute!!

Morning to Cher, RW and everyone else.

As i said, i'm feeling good, bit more chilled. Had a m/w appointment today. Even although i was just at the hospital on Monday we decided just to keep the community m/w app as it wont do any harm just to hear baby's hb again. All is well and i'm getting nice regular kicks now. Off to get my hair cut this morning, have coffee planned for tomorrow morning then on Friday we're off to West Yorkshire for the weekend to visit Phil's family and get our new car!! [zx071] Pretty exciting!!! We're buying an Audi A4 estate off Phil's mate. I've loved having my Golf but we need to go bigger!!

Lots of love

blowkiss xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rallygirl" (May 1st 2013, 10:18am)

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 11:34am

Hello all

Things are settling a bit for us now after MIL's funeral. DH is sad and exhausted and I am sure will take some time to recover. At least the sunshine is out and little boy full of beans to keep us moving fowards. Baby is getting very wiggly now too, which is lovely. DH felt the kicks at the weekend - that first connection between Daddy and baby is always really special, isn't it? And we had our scan (weirdly, the day before the funeral - it was an odd but somehow lovely meeting of new life and death) which thankfully was all fine. We didn't find out the gender as we enjoy the mystery of not knowing! But given how active this one seems I am inclined to believe it's another wiggly little boy!!

Rallygirl, your holiday sounds lovely and just what you need to feel chilled. I am sorry you had a bleeding scare but glad the docs have been reassuring. It must be very frightening after your loss when anything raises an alert like that. So relaxing hols, haircut, coffee, new car sounds just right! You keep on treating yourself. And as long as you haev a few nappies and a blanket there's very little you absolutely MUST have before baby arrives. So you can relax on that front too. Those Jellycat bunnies are adorable, aren't they? Every little one I know who has one has become very attached to theirs. They are so soft and cuddly - I even have a snuggle with ours myself sometimes!

Good news on your scan WMG. Good that babba is head down too - and good they've spotted your placenta now and can keep an eye on it. Do you have strong feelings either way for natural or caesarean?

Buzzbee, have a wonderful holiday! You lucky thing :)

EE, how exciting to have your new pram all lined up for you!

Hellos to everyone else too. Keep well, all

Bee xxxx
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:20pm

hi bee not really having strong feelings either way but as daft as it sounds kind of hoping placenta doesnt move so i do have c section only because teared so badly with my d aughter an took so long to recover from having her naturally an took so long in labour just dreading a natural birth a bit lol prob makes me a bit of a weakling but there ya go lol. so sad about ur mil but like u say at least u have the baby to look forward to now.

well knew something was wrong with my arm after whooping cough jab had a big red hard lump thats got bigger an bigger since havin it.really sore an hot just been docs today they say its infected oh joy always me lol x

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 1:18pm

Oh no WMG, what a nightmare for you. Have they given you some antibiotics? Hope the swelling goes down soon. Not what you need right now eh?

Bees, thanks for your lovely words. So sorry for you DH. It is very hard after a loss, as much as we dont want it to, life carries on around us and eventually we have to join back in. It's all very bitter sweet for your husband at the moment i guess, he'll be excited about the new baby but devastated his mum wont be there to see your little one.

blowkiss xxx

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 3:27pm

Yeah had to have some but allergic to the ones they wanted to give me as they have penicillin in them boo lol oh well onwards and upwards lol x

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 7:44pm

Funny we bought a new jellycat bunny for our LO. Twins still sleep with theirs every night and they love them : D

Glad the mw appt reassured you further RG.

WMG my arm was sore for a good week after my wc jab so hope the antibiotics kick in soon. There is nothing wussy about wanting a section if you had a rough time with your DD. I'm scared about a section but that's cos I had a bad experience so it all depends on what you know and previous experiences.

Hope everyone else is coming along nicely. There'll be a few over to 3rd tri soon : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 7:57pm

Hi girls,

RG good idea keeping the MW appointments, always good to hear your LO even if you are feeling movements all the time now. We're going to get the wardrobe and chest of drawers from Ikea too, and create a makeshift changing table on the top.

Bee, I'm glad things are settling down for you and DH, it will still be a difficult time for him especially, but your LO on the way will help ease the pain. We're like you deciding to wait and see if it's a girl or boy :biggrin: I honestly have no incling of what we're having either way, do you?

WMG that's awful, how could that happen from a simple injection! I hope the meds kick in soon x

Hi Heather, I like that you're still lurking about, can't wait to join you smile2

AFM started buying baby grows, well the all in one kind...sleep suits? Bought one from Mothercare, and another from The White company, so much for me saying I'd just buy a pack of 5 then see what we're given! I've got another question though...so far after most of your advice to get newborn or 1 month old, the ones on Mothercare are in weight, to <5lbs, 7lbs or 10lbs....very confusing. I bought 1for 10lbs based on me being 10lbs at birth and DP about 8lbs...that and most of my family is well over 6 foot including my aunts!, and DP is build like a rugby player so not expecting a tiny baby!? :chortle:

xxx

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 8:33pm

Gosh EE u are gonna have a right little porker then by the sounds of it lol. Maybe get a couple of the 7lb ones an couple of the 10lb ones? Wouldn't bother with the <5 lb ones.

Heather glad u think so (about me not being a wuss lol) but will see where placenta wants to stay/move to then see what's happening then I think.

Ahhhhhhh third tri on here for me from tomoz!!! It's getting closer to the end now eek!

Xx blowkiss

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 8:41pm

Good idea WMG I'll do that...just need to slow down on shopping, I've still got 13 weeks to go! 3rd trimester tomorrow, great news how exciting!

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 8:48pm

Hey all
Sorry not had time to pop in and catch up. Full of busy as always. Weekend will b my catch up time :)

Just quickly I finally found tape measure...while in mothercare and am measuring 39 inches!!! Yikes!!!

Love to all xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 7:19pm

Cherlou 39 inches sounds perfect especially since you've got 2 growing in there :biggrin: and you're looking lovely with it too x

Monday, May 6th 2013, 4:57pm

Hi girls, not so many of us in this thread now ther are so many moved to the 3rd...Rally, Bee, Buzzbee and Lisa, is it just us 5? What has everyone been up to this long weekend? I'ts been a relaxing one for me, met a friend for lunch on Saturday which was great for a girlie catch up...gardening then the gym today...bought some sample paints yesterday, thinking about painting the little nursery very light minty blue. I know we could have a girl, but I love blue it's so calming, and we can decorate with pictures and bedding in lemon that should look ok for a boy or girl...?

xxx

Monday, May 6th 2013, 7:32pm

hey ee thought i would pop back (very quiet in third tri too) and say when i was pregnant with my daughter we never knew what we were having (couldnt tell) and we decorated her room in yellows,minty greeny/bluey sort of colours and was very unisex i loved that room but obviously all pink now nearly 6 years down the line lol x

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Monday, May 6th 2013, 8:17pm

hi ya girls..how are u all? your right easter eggs not many of us left here now! does anyone else think this trimester has gone quick?
sounds like youve had a nice weekend EE, weve been busy too. saturday we done a big baby shop, which was so much fun..brought all the nursery decor and accessories from mamas & papas, mattresses for moses basket and cot, tummy time mat, sheets and blankets, soft toys and rattles, swaddles..and I think thats it. . my list now doesnt seem as daunting. sunday we took my little boy to get his feet measured at clarks and brought him some new shoes followed by a nice pub lunch with my dad, sister and two nephews which was yumm and today we went to the zoo. our little man loved it and we're all exhausted now as we did soooo much walking. was a lovely weekend in all and wasnt the weather gorgeous!

so do we have any scans or big appointments this week? x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Monday, May 6th 2013, 9:07pm

Lisa what a great weekend you've had! I have been thinking about all of the bedding but haven't bought anything yet...maybe that'll be my next purchase! Need a new mattress for the Moses basket we've been donated too.

Good to see you dipping back in here WMG x

Yes I think it's gone really quick, I can't believe we'll be in the 3rd next week, I just never thought that we'd get here!

I have a scan this Thursday, DP can't make it do taking my MIL, I thought it would be nice for her to see the pictures of LO jiggling away. Do you have one too?

xxx

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 9:45am

Hey Ladies

I'm still around but had a busy weekend away visiting family and picking up our new car. I'll update properly tomorrow, got my mum and dad coming round today so not enough time.

Lots of love.

blowkiss xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 12:57pm

Hi lovelies...not long till we can all continue the party in the third tri!! Eek we r doing well :)

Hope ur ll enjoying some sun...wonder how long it will last. Anyone else missing their pretty summer clothes? I managed to find two maxi dresses and two stretchy summer skirts in my summer box so will b living in those now!!

Lots of love
Xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 7:04pm

Oh Cherlou, today has been the first sunny day we've had up here...sadly I've been stuck in a severely air conditioned office all day :riv2: hey ho fingers crossed we'll have a great July and beyond :winking:

On the clothes front, I ordered a skirt and Capri pants yesterday as having 3 days off this weekend told me I didn't have enough clothes if I wasn't wearing work style dresses one day! Like you I tried on some summer gear, and managed to wear a skirt that sits on my hips, but it wasn't too comfortable...maxi dresses sound like a good idea, and can be worn after too, may have to invest!

How's your new car Rallygirl?

xxx

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 4:44am

Hey all

I really have went AWOL havent I. U fortunately I have had no broad band in new house until now,not even an Internet signal on my phone.

Missed you guys so much and have just tried to catch up.

Hope your all doing well.

That's us 31 weeks just now and our little lad and little lady are very active, especially our little fella who likes rolling around and tickling my ribs lol.

We too are getting there with our shopping, I was panicking as had nothing now I think all I need are our baby monitors and a baby bath. We have loads now I think. My nana has went mad with hand kitted stuff and we have a range of sleepsuits/grows from 5lbs. Washed all smaller stuff the other day was so cute seeing it all hung out. We have ordered our pram ( bugaboo donkey) love it so much. Moses baskets are in just waiting on cots now. Painted babies room over weekend now can't wait to get furniture in and all the accessories. Loving new house but severely freaking out at the thought of having kitchen ripped out and new one being fitted so close to babies arriving, hope it all goes swiftly.

I have a lovely bump and I am still neat everywhere else. Some people tell me I am huge then realise its twins and say very neat. I know I will miss my bump so much so enjoying every minute just x

Don't know when to jump to third tri x x x

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 8:13am

Great to hear from you Nic, bald you and the LOs area doing well. Sounds like you've got everything planned and are pretty ready for their arrival, are you being induced early? You're already in the 3rd trimester so drop in there too :winking: xxx

PS 4.44am!!! What are you doing up so early lady?

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 8:21am

hi ya

EE, what is your scsn for on thursday? wish I had another im dying to see my lil msn again!

rally girl, what car have u brought? very exciting!

cherlou im with u on the maxi dresses, thety are so comfy. ..nothing digging in anywhere, snd they look. great on the bump..and u can pick em up pretty cheap too.midi dresses are lovely aswell for those really hot days

nic happy 31 werks, as EE ssid your well into 3rd tri....not long to go now!!!

not sure what weather is meant to be like today...hoping its nice so me and lil jay can get out to play. have a lovely dsy all x

Lisa Lou
babydust

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 8:40am

Great to hear you are all doing so well and loving the purchases : D

Nic you are well into 3rd tri hun. Come join us over there xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 10:53am

Lovely to hear an update Nic, we were wondering where you got to. Sounds like you're pretty much ready for your LO's arrival.

Lisa, hope you've got some more good weather to get out in. I've just been for a walk and its cloudy today and the wind is stronger and cooler than yesterday but it's Scotland, we're used to it. We got an Audi A4 estate!! So we've joined the "family" car people now.

Hi EE, the new car is great thanks. I dont envy you sitting in an office all day yesterday, i'm praying like mad that we get a decent August this year se we can get out with our LO. I'm really into the Scandinavian way of putting baby outside in their pram to sleep during the day, will definitely give it a go. On the clothes front, i've bought a couple of over-size tshirts which seem to be in at the mo and am in leggings most days, still officially the comfiest clothes in the world!!! Maxi dresses are perfect and you dont need to buy specifically maternity ones as they are often over-priced i think.

Hi to Cher, Buzzbee, Bees and everyone else still lingering in 2nd tri.

AFM - I've had an unusually busy week or so but am now back to normal. We had a lovely weekend in West Yorkshire (Phil's homeland) and got round to see all his family. Only a handful of them will likely visit once LO is here, we dont blame them, it is a long drive up to Scotland so was good to catch up and if i'm honest i quite enjoyed having a wee bit of attention for a change, usually Phil gets it all. Picked up and our new car and were well impressed with the drive home. Will probably have it till it gives up the ghost. Everything else all good. No further bleeding thank god but Phil is still very twitchy and doesn't want me doing anything in the least bit strenuous bless him. Still haven't got the guts to dig out the tape measure and measure my bump, just know it'll be huge!!

Take care lovely ladies

blowkiss xxx

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 8:44pm

Lisa, I think it's my age I'm 41 :scared: I have another one I think in week 32 or 34. I hope you managed to get outdoors it's been miserable here x

Rallygirl, someone else mentioned leaving baby outside for day time sleeps too, it certainly makes sense. We'll have to pray for a great summer and buy lots of blankets! Glad to know you've been getting lots of attention from the relatives x

I'm looking at bedding now, I really just wanted a white bumper for the cot but can't find any, not that it's a necessity right now...I should be focussing on a Moses basket mattress, it's just not as much fun! What are you all doing?

xxx

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 7:56am

morning all, its looking lovely out today...how are u and those gorg bumps?

RG wow what a lovely car u got,, uour bubba will love being driven round in style. we git a toyota rav 4 last month, needed more boot space snd I love it, ive always wanted a 4x4
be brave and measure that bump, dying to know how big u are

EE we didnt manage to get out yest was raining here all day! we are v busy today tho, we have jaydens jo jingles class first thing then midwife and whooping cough jab, and also got to go to town and pop round mums, so lots to do.
have u looked on lollipop lane for a white bumper?

well I best go have a good day all x x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Thursday, May 9th 2013, 3:47pm

Hey EE I don't know if its what your looking for but we are decorating the babies room in pale grey and white and went for the Winnie the Pooh starry night range from babies r us. The bumper is mainly white but with grey Winnie and ties etc. not seen a plain white one yet what about the white company x

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 8:37am

Morning girls,

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a mooch for those brands. I think I might wait to buy until we've painted the room and the cot is up to see if things need brightening or not. The sleeping bag things are so pretty I don't want to over load the room with too many patterns and colours!

I had a 28 week growth scan this week, LO is doing just fine measuring well, placenta anterior and not low which I'm told is good too, heart and umbilical chord blood flow good, so happy with everything. Back again at week 34 for what I guess will be the alst growth scan. I was told its all due to my age...hey ho it means I get to see LO so I'm ok with that. Like the last few times baby didn't want to show his/her face too much so lots of poking a prodding to get a quick profile shot!

Sadly I have to go to work for a few hours today, so I better make a move.

What's everyone else up to, and how are you all?

xxx

What's Up?

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 8:55am

Great news on the scan front EE : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 11:00am

hi ee great news on your scan, its lovely your getting so many scans and being looked after
not up to much today, dh got yo work for a few hours so may go to soft play so he can play with jayden before he goes.
have a lovely weekend all x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 10:07am

Great that the scan is showing all is well EE. I was just saying to Phil yesterday how good it is that the Assisted Conception Unit at Ninewells has been succesful for at least us 2 oldies!!! :snigger: Pretty good stats i think. I've got my next scan a week tomorrow.

Lisa, hope you're doing ok after the whooping cough jab, any side-effects?

Hi everyone else. I'm having a very lazy Sunday today while Phil is out doing a 20mile run!!! He's running the Edinburgh marathon in 2 weeks in memory of our baby girl and raising money for SANDS. Think i better do something, maybe a bit of housework.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

blowkiss xxx

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 10:38am

Hi girls,

Nic used the ACU also, although she's not an 'oldie' but good results all of a sudden. I've been keeping in touch with my embryologist Ellen sending her pics along the way, I'll have to let her know when LO riives so she can nip along to the ward.

With working then being home and in last night, I'm feeling like I'm getting cabin fever...need to get active today, not sure what though, just slept 11 hours and feeling a little woozy with all the sleep! Not get to do that soon!

xxx

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 1:39pm

Hi everyone

Just catching up on all your posts. I got back from holiday on Friday after a week in the sun. It was lovely apart from the villa we stayed in was not toddler friendly at all so I didn't relax when there so we ventured out every day. We didn't choose the villa as went with other family members who booked it. Next time I shall ensure I go somewhere more child friendly LOL! Anyway, it was nice to have some sun although I think this is the first holiday I have come home without even a hint of pink as no time for sunbathing with a toddler LOL!

EE - glad your latest scan has gone well. Are you feeling really tired? I am and don't recall feeling this exhausted with my DS. I feel worse though if I have too much sleep, do you? Found any white cot bedding yet?

RG - wow to your DH running 20 miles and lovely and that he is raising money in memory of your beautiful daughter. I have the Great Manchester run in 2 weeks (walking it) and am raising money for our local children's hospital. I walked a lot on holiday, at least 2 miles every day, and felt fine so should be OK for the run. Nice car! We have an Audi A3 and that is pretty spacious although DH is hoping to change jobs within the next year and will choose a bigger company car when he does, probably an A4 or the VW Touran. Whereabouts in Yorkshire is your husband from? My DH works in Yorkshire although we live in Derbyshire. Good luck for your scan next week.

Hi to everyone else. Can't scroll back anymore to see the other posts sorry. I recall reading one though about maxi dresses. Check out Ebay! I got one off there for £10. It's really nice with a blue floral print but they have other colours too, brand new. It's not maternity either, just a medium size and fits over my bump fine. Just hope we get some sunny weather here so I can wear it again. RG, like you I live in leggings and long tops.

Not much else to report. Got a midwife apt on 22nd. Back in work tomorrow after 12 days off :-(

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. Not many of us left in this thread now is there? I haven't seen any new joiners since me. How many weeks do we move over to third tri? Is it 28 weeks?

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

BeeS

Ace

Monday, May 13th 2013, 11:43am

Hello all!

Hope everyone is well, in spite of tiredness. That's been hitting me a lot the last few days too, even when I've managed to rest in the afternoons while my LO naps.

EE, congrats on your scan. And Rallygirl, congrats on your DH running all that way in memory of your beautiful girl - you must be proud of him!

Rallygirl, I'm with you on the outdoor napping! My LO has had his naps outside since he was tiny and does still at the age of 2. He was a March baby and we were very lucky with a lot of dry weather in the months after he was born. At first, when he was very teeny, he napped best ON someone, which was lovely and cuddly, or in the sling, which was useful around the house if I had things to do. Then as he got a bit bigger he napped best in his pram. Putting him down to nap anywhere else resulted in extremely short naps (20 mins maximum!), whereas taking him for a quick spin in the pram to send him off then parking him up at the back door, in the fresh air, always worked well. We live in busy London but are lucky to have a peaceful garden surrounded by lots of huge trees and I love the fact his sleeps are accompanied by the sounds of birdsong and rustling leaves... (and the occasional blaring siren as we're just up the road from Europe's largest police station!). Even in wet or chilly weather he's fine under a rain hood or lots of blankets. I only bring him in if the air is particularly biting in the winter - or of course if we're out and about and he needs to be indoors. Cafe buzz and the peaceful hum of galleries both seem to promote good prams naps - good news for Mummies!

I've been looking out for maternity maxi dresses too! I'm wearing a 'normal' one today and it's super-comfy for now but I know it won't see me through to the final weeks... I don't really look forward to a sticky August with a bump! So I'm going to check out Buzzbee's ebay recommendation...

Buzzbee, sorry about the toddler-unfriendly villa but glad you got a break and some lovely warm weather!

Love to all, including bumps

Bee x
Bee

BeeS

Ace

Monday, May 13th 2013, 11:50am

PS, re white bedding: EE, I'm with Nic on the recommdation for The White Company. We have three white blankets from there which my Grandma bought for my DS. They have been in constant use for two years, washed and tumble dried over and over, dropped into mud out of the pram and covered in all sorts but they still look and feel like new. And they're still white! I have also noticed that Silver Cross do a white bedding range.
Bee

Lisa Lou

What's Up?

Monday, May 13th 2013, 7:21pm

hello girls, sounds like everyone is doing well despite the tiredeness which is great. welcome home buzzbee im plwased you had a nice holiday, im very jealous! well I guess now im almost 30 weeks I should step over into 3rd tri chat, so ta ta for now, will be back to check up on you all and look forward to u all coming over too very shortly. x x x

Lisa Lou
babydust

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Monday, May 13th 2013, 8:07pm

There is going to be no one left to chat in this thread LOL! Is it just you and me Bee who will be left? Think you're a week ahead of me aren't you?

For those who have been pregnant before have you felt more pressure down below? It literally feels like she is sat in my you know what sometimes. I wonder if it's because I had an episotomy with my DS that is not as strong down there, IYUWIM. Also feeling crampy in the back of my legs at night. Not jumping out of bed cramp in pain, it just feels tight.

Never considered letting DS nap outside. He does sleep better though when there is more noise. If it's too quiet I find he wakes up easier. The noise on the plane seemed to settle him as he fell asleep almost instantly when the engines revved for take off. Suppose it's like white noise. I remember well with the witching hours when we would hold him in front of the extractor fan to try and get him to sleep during the day. Nightmare LOL!

Bee - Asos has some nice maternity stuff too and reasonably priced. I got a couple of work dresses off there.

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Monday, May 13th 2013, 9:09pm

Hi girls,

Buzzbee, I'm glad you had a lovely holiday. Just being on holiday surrounded by warm air and sunshine is lovely, you don't need a tan :winking: x

Bee, I used to love in London for about 6 years, I used to love the heat down there, it's feels like a different country to Scotland! I love the idea of walking about all th fabulous galleries and museums down there with LO in a pram, I'm sure I'd end up stopping for coffee and cake every day though! :chortle:

Thanks for the white bedding tips girls, The White company and Silver Cross are both lovely. I also found something in John Lewis. I think I'll buy all the basics like blankets and sheets, and paint the room. The cot is due for delivery mid June time, so we can it it up, and see what it all looks like then as I now can't decide on which white bumper to get!

I can't help with the pressure down below question Buzzbee sorry, but I do get cramps, mostly in my feet and always at bedtime. I find keeping my feet really warm seems to help.

I'm 29 weeks today so for FZ formally in the 3rd trimester too, I can't believe we're here I still feel like it's too good to be true. I think I'll join the next thread and stay with you all too :biggrin: if that's ok!? Rallygirl is still here too...it's funny that there's a gap before anyone joins from the 1st trimester.

I had a lovely swim after work tonight, it's got me quite tired for an early night.

xxx

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 11:47am

Yeah ladies, i'm around for a few more weeks yet, only 26 weeks +3 at the mo.

Glad you had a good holiday Buzzbee, i'd love to be somewhere warm just now. BTW, i'm definitely getting more pressure down below. Gravity is not my friend!! As soon as i stand up from sitting i tend to need the loo and get a heavy feeling, it is a bit unnerving but i'm sure its all normal.

Bee, i've discovered a very obvious flaw in my outdoor napping plan, i live on an RAF base with the loudest fast jets in the world!!!! May have to keep the napping for the weekend as they dont fly at the weekend. I have heard lots of stories from friends with little ones about them needing white noise to get to sleep but a typhoon taking off is going a bit far i think. I too used to live in London (at London Bridge) and it was incredibly noisy there. Lovely that you have a peaceful garden. Its funny cos when the jets aren't flying it is very peaceful as most RAF bases are pretty far from civilisation in mostly rural places so can be lovely and quiet at times. You just have no idea when the next plane is going to take off and it would just be sod's law it would happen minutes after getting LO to sleep!!

Bye bye to those moving over to 3rd tri, will be joining you soon.

Off to cinema tonight to see Star Trek so will probably need an afternoon nap so i can stay awake for the film. Not sleeping through the night anymore as i'm getting too uncomfortable, hey ho, all good practise.

blowkiss xxx

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 1:17pm

Ha ha rally girl, that is just a tiny bit of a flaw, how dare they fly jets over leuchars lol. I too am very keen on the whole leaving bubbas out on decking in pram for sleeps, fresh air is the best for babies, wonder if it will work, fingers crossed. That's the one main reason we wanted to move, to have a back garden, loving it already.

I have not long popped into next tri thread but been hardly on as just too busy but on mat leave now so hopefully lots of time to catch up in house and get ready for babies coming and sneaking on here to catch up with you all.

Good luck everyone, we are all getting that step closer to taking our babies home, a dream I thought would never come true x x x

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 8:46pm

Hi Ladies I hope you are all doing well? I had to smile when I read your post RG as I was a forces baby. My mum used to leave the pram in the garden which was pretty much at the end of the runway. We would sleep through the loudest jets (hercules and tornados) quite happily although I don't know how as I am a really light sleeper these days!

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 11:18am

Yeah, we'll just have to try it and see. Newborns will pretty much sleep through anything. I was at a 30th birthday party recently with a very loud disco and there were at least 3 tiny babies there and they weren't phased at all by the loud music, it was the toddlers who really didn't like the noise.

xxx

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 12:20pm

Very quiet on here just now but i know there's only a few of us left.

Hope you're all having a nice relaxing weekend.

Lots of love

blowkiss xxx

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 1:06pm

Hi RG, we've been through in Edinburgh for the night visiting friends, it was lovely. Back home waiting for the mist to lift hoping for some sunshine. What are you up to?

xxx

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 3:15pm

Hi EE. :hi: Waiting for the mist to lift too. Dont think its going to. Just been for a walk and i am pooped now. Another growth scan tomorrow so looking forward to seeing our baby again. I was in Edinburgh last week meeting my mum. I get the train straight there from Leuchars and meet my mum in the town but i always forget how hilly Edinburgh old town is, i was huffing and puffing all over the place. :snigger:

xxx

BeeS

Ace

Monday, May 20th 2013, 2:16pm

Oooh, Rallygirl, that made me chuckle about the typhoon jets! But you never know, like you said about the disco, baby might just sleep through them... or go back off with a bit of rocking. Definitely worth a try.

I am totally with you on the undercarriage issues, Buzzbee and Rallygirl. Like Buzzbee, I had an epesiotomy last time, after forceps delivery. Incredibly and thankfully DS had not a mark on him from the forceps but I don't think I fared so well! The pressure I feel is odd - not exactly uncomfortable, except when I'm going to the loo, when I actually feel a bit nervous about everything just collapsing! Sorry, that's just FAR too much information...

EE, you are right, the temptation for stopping for coffee and cake is far too great in London! Mind you, that's what got me through the hardest weeks of breastfeeding in the very early days last time - getting a break from home by decamping to a cafe...

Rallygirl, good luck for your scan today, and another lovely little hello to your wee one.

Buzzbee I don't think I'm as much as a week ahead of you, am I? What's your EDD? My official EDD is 6 Sept, based on the most likely date of ovulation calculated by my clinic, although when measured at the 12 week scan they gave me a date of 2 Sept. My own calculation based on when I thought I ovulated was the 4 Sept, so I think I'm probably right!

Hello to anyone else popping back in from 3rd Tri - or anyone newly arriving from 1st!

Bee x
Bee

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:43pm

Hey ladies :hi:

Scan was good this morning. Baby measuring just a wee bit above average so we are happy with that. We also got our c-section booked!! EEEEKKK!!! All very real now. I'm going to keep quiet about the actual date just now but i will tell you all nearer the time. We just simply cant think about it right now but the consultant wanted us to have something to focus on and look forward to so she went ahead and booked us in!! I dont think its going to make us get organised, we really are going to leave it all untill our LO is safe in our arms then DH will be frantically rushing round Tesco's for some nappies and babygrows!! We dont have a moses basket but as soon as all is well my mum will literally be popping into Mothercare on her way up to hospital to see us.

We really weren't expecting things to be arranged this early but our lovely consultant just wanted to give us a positive thing to reassure us that this pregnancy WILL have a positive outcome. So we are taking each day as it comes and i'm sure the weeks will go quickly enough.

That made me laugh Bee about everything "collapsing" when you go to the loo :snigger: I had a c-section last time but definitely have that strange sensation too when i'm on the loo. It's obviously a pregnancy thing.

Hiya to everyone. Sorry this has been a bit of a me me me post today but am excited/shocked/terrified that we have our date and wanted to tell someone!!

Lots of love

blowkiss xxx

9 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

9 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE