You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 2:48pm

Hi everyone,

Mim, thanks so much for the advice.. i did end up going to A&E last night just because it was starting to worry me a bit.. They were totally useless at A&E!!! Just did a few checks, heard baby's heartbeat then mine.. then after 3hrs just sent us home saying to keep an eye on it. This morning went in town to do some shopping and got a phone call from the hospital emergency gynecology clinic asking if i could get over there for 12pm so they could do a detailed scan and check everything was ok, they were absolutely fantastic over there, although i explained that it seems to have gone back to just the odd drips today the woman was still adamant the scan needing doing and kept reasurring me i wasnt wasting her time (which i couldnt help but keep apoligising for!!!) Anyway baby is doing absolutely fine.. phew!!! Has plenty of water around it, i think she said the deepest part was 56mm, which they say is average amount so thats great and the placenta was exactly where it should be... And our LO's heart was nicely beating away (put such a huge grin on my face to know everything is well!!) And all dates are spot on :D
Afterwards i had to see the doctor, who was also really lovely.. she used one of them speculum things just to have a quick look up there and said she couldnt see any fluid just some discharge.. so hopefully thats all it was :) And off i come home feeling soooooo relieved!!! I no i was probably worrying over nothing, and i always promised myself i wouldnt worry about every little thing.. But like the sonographer said it is really a matter of life and death if i was losing water then our baby might not have made it... So it pays to get checked out even if its something you dont think could be that major :)

Devchick- Huge congratulations on your little princess
Kazzy- xfingers they can confirm the sex for you on monday :)

hi to everyone else, hope your all doing well xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 3:38pm

I am very happy it is all better :cuddle Cheenab, I agree a and e were so useless for me too when I went the first time ,labour ward was better they also did the speculum for me too ,what I thought is odd that they dont do the simple swab test to see if it is amniotic fluid ,its simple as that but they have different ways here.
As for me I am on a constant watch because of this discharge it can totally panic me at times when it becomes like water and is so much
I have a bit of good news ,which I am planning to surprise my DH with tonight , I called the hospital and our Cystic fibrosis genetic tests have come back,neither I or DH are carriers of mutated CF gene so our baby is clear too ,yay yay yay, the only thing left is aneuploidy which is all the trisomys etc ,but have decided not to have amnio ,they said the echogenic bowel our baby has is one marker and its rare to have the aneuploidy so we wont know till he is born but I have faith he will be ok xfingers
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

Reg: Mar 30th 2011

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 7:38pm

Hey girls, just a quick pop in from me from 3rd tri for a wee bit of reassurance!!! Since the end of my 2ww I've had sometimes watery, sometimes white discharge and it feels like I've wet myself!! Somedays it's really bad others not so bad!! I still find myself running to the toilet to check it's not blood or anything it shouldn't b and I'm 35 weeks!! I always like cheena went to get it checked out at 21 weeks as I was SO worried. So really I just wanted to say that it is a totally normal (& healthy apparantly) part of pregnancy. But do get help if it soaks a pantyliner or u have pains or anything with it!! Anyways sorry for lllooonnnggggg post, just thought it mite help :) [zx127]

2 x baby5 2003 & 2010...never forgotten x
:BFP: 9/5/11 - Henry 20/1/2012...amazing lil man! X

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 8:02pm

Hi Ladies!

We had our scan today. We still hadn't decided whether we were going to find out the sex when we went into the scan!!!! We are the most indecisive couple ever!!! Anyway, it was quite obvious he is a boy!!! Ha ha ha ha! He looks great but my placenta is lying very low. Ive had alot of pain and discomfort and sonographer couldnt see any other reason for this. Got to have another scan at 32 weeks to see if it has moved. If not, i will have to have a c section. Abit disappointed as i wanted a natural birth but just so relieved baby is ok, thats the most important thing. Sonographer also noticed that cord only as one artery which could affect his growth but measurements seem fine at the moment. Fingers crossed!

Love to everyone. xxx

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 8:15pm

Hi Poppy Congrats on having a boy! Just a quick note really try and not worry to much I and my sister had the same thing with our plancenta's we were rescanned at 32 weeks and it had moved whihc was good news as hopefully can have natural birth now. Apprently it very common at the 20 week scan and for 9 out of 10 woman by the time you get to 32 weeks as your bump gets bigger it pushes it up. Good luck xx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 8:34pm

Hi sorry to gatecrash i am currently in first tri but was looking for some advice.

I had a few preg symptoms, feeling sick, very sore boobs and indegestion.

Had an early scan last week and sore boobs had gone, everything fine at scan but now i don't seem to have any symptoms is this normal or something i should worry about?

Thanks

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 8:37pm

Devchick congrats on your :girl: and poppy on your :boy:

Sasha I think it is normal for symptoms to vanish. I've had very few and am now 16 weeks with little to show for it. It is so easy to worry after all we go through to get pregnant but I'm sure your LO will be fine.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

mim

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 8:47pm

Poppy congrats too,i will say dont worry hoping i will listen to my own advice but have faith he is ok;)
Sasha i had my symptoms very little they also totally disappeared, i also gushed with blood three times to top it up and our little boy is still here,i have more symptoms now in second tri than i ever did in first tri i drove myself mad with symptom watch,dont worry, old wifes tale maybe you are carrying a boy too. Hugs
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 8:57pm

Thanks so much girls, my hubby is so positive which is good but drives me nuts when i'm worrying.

So glad i have realy lovely girls who don't even know me for support.

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 9:12pm

Hello, could I join you as well? Had my scan today and measured 13w+2 today, both babies the same size more or less, nuchal thickness was fine according to midwife. They took bloods, so will have to wait for the results. It is less accurate with twins, but will see what comes.

Got a shooting paining the ear and same side of the head, so got hot water bottle to try and help a bit.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

[line][/line]

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 12:39pm

wow away for one sleep and so many new ladies ,welcome to all of you [zx127]
Bic thank you for popping by I do feel better ,its like this when you are first tri you worry than you are second tri you no longer
see the things from the first tri so serious and you worry again , I think worries never end and I always thought once pregnant that is it but far from the truth :snigger:
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?

Thursday, December 8th 2011, 3:46pm

Hope everyones getting on ok, went to meet our consultant today and got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time, it was magical :happy: Consultant decided he's happy for us to be looked after by the midwifes so no longer consultant lead. Still have brown spotting but no one seems concerned so been told to monitor it and to phone docs if it turns red or gets painful. Xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Friday, December 9th 2011, 12:04pm

mim, ur so right!! I thought I'd stop worrying after 12weeks, nah doesn't happen u'll find sumthing else to worry bout during the whole pregnancy believe me!! lol but as u say hindsight is a wonderful thing!! :happy:

WIshing u all the best of luck in the rest of ur pregnancies!! [zx127]

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, December 12th 2011, 7:12pm

Hi ladies, I hope you are all doing well and that you had lovely weekends. I had my midwife appointment today and hear the baby's heartbeat. It was lovely and reassuring to hear him/her. The midwife also told me about the rhesus negative jab I'm going to need at 28 weeks. I knew I was rhesus negative and that it would mean an injection but I didn't realise it would be in my bum :faint: have any of you got to have it too?

Are you all finding that you are really hairy? I swear I'm turning into a warewolf :snigger: I don't think I've ever had to shave my legs as often as I do at the moment.

I'm also finding that I'm eating loads of satsumas and clementines, I swear baby will come out orange :happy:

Love to you all and your bumps grouphug

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Monday, December 12th 2011, 9:19pm

Curlytails, am resus neg and got the anti-d injection @ 30 weeks but I got mine in my arm!! tbh I wudn't fancy it in my bum, it wud b rather sore to sit!! My arm was really sore for a good half a day after!! Other than that it's really nothing!! x

KazzyM

Reg: Apr 5th 2011

Children: Very lucky to have a 4 year old boy and 5 month old boy both fertility treatment.

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 6:25am

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick note went for our sexing scan last night and im gonna be surrounded by boys! baby was very good and all looks good still. !

very happy

Love to you all and bumps

xx
2nd IUI Sept 2007 : tv :BFP:

1st IVF July 2011 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 8:58am

Congratulations on your news KazzyM! It will be lovely to have boy!

I am quite upset that I am not going to see anyone now until next year. I know, it is not that far away, but I was expecting something more. Some more check-ups, a proper appointment with midwife or something. I will not be seeing anyone until I am 17w+3 now, so it feels very long since my booking appointment (when I was 11w). I had a scan last week, and all was well, but I didn't have chance to ask any questions or anything. Never mind - I think I ma just too tired and everything looks blown out of proportions at the moment. I was trying to hold my tears back yesterday morning because I had to go to work

Flu jab today. I think I have a sore arm to look forward to!
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !

[line][/line]

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 1:00pm

Congrats Kazzy! Great news. x

Amber sorry your feeling abit down- its such a rollercoaster isnt it! Glad everything was good at your scan. Just look at it this way- if there was something wrong they would want to see more of you. If you are going to worry and have lots of questions, could you chat to your GP or MW so that you dont spend the next few weeks feeling like this? Take care. x

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 1:21pm

Congratulations on your little prince kazzy :)

We had our 20wk scan yesterday, and it's a boy :D
Little man wouldn't keep still at first for her to do all the checks, but she got there in the end, atleast we got to stare at him for longer :) everything is looking perfect though no problems at all that she could see :D
Finally this is all starting to feel so real now, can't wait to get buying stuff and decorating the nursery after xmas :D

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cheenab" (Dec 13th 2011, 1:22pm)

United Kingdom

Tuesday, December 13th 2011, 3:22pm

Another baby boy to come!!!!! congratulations cheenab - so glad that the scan went well.

I am back from the flu jab, the headache is still here, and is not getting any better!!!! So fed up, it is nearly a week now I am getting them, and nothing seems to help. Flu jab was fine, the arm is fine, will see what the next few days bring. 7 working days till Christmas for me (and done no work at all today - so now feeling guilty).
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

[line][/line]

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 24th 2010

Children: One miracle baby boy born 1/5/12 xxxxxxxx

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 12:07pm

Hi ladies,

I'm 16 weeks today and wondered if I could join?

Also I had some bleeding yesterday, went to EPC and they scanned me and couldn't find a reason for the bleed, said it could be an old implantation bleed or because my placenta is slightly loo lying, bubs was fine tho, and very lively :happy: . It was old blood tho, which they say is better than fresh and i'm still getting a bit of the yucky brown stuff (sorry TMI) but the midwife did warn me this may happen for a few days, its all still soooooooo worrying tho ;( . I have a listened to bubs with my doppler today and all seems well, heart beat lovely and strong :happy: . Have midwife tomorrow as well.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry for the not so nice first post.

Hope your all well.

Stacey xxxx

1st IVF :BFN: x
2nd IVF :BFP: x

Scans 17/10/11, 23/11/11,17/12/11 & 13/1/12 all fab xxx
3D scan 3/3/12 xx
Henry Stephen Williams born 1/5/12 xxx
bab22

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 5:36pm

Welcome Stacey. Cheenab has been going through a similar sort of thing with the bleeding and all is fine there. It must've been nice to have an extra peek at baby even if it wasn't under the best circumstances.

It looks like the boys are taking over the second tri at the moment! Congratulations ladies :boy:

Not long til the weekend now x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

mim

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 5:48pm

Hi Stace from me too and welcome ,i had 3 huge gushes of blood and lost part of my endometrium ,read up in my diary and you will understand how bad I bled and our little boy is stil doing well 22 weeks todsy.
Kazzy ,cheenab huge congrats from me [zx127] team blue yay
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 5:56pm

Hi Stacey, i've had bleeding and lots of brown stuff for nearly 2 weeks now and everything is still going well, there was no reason for my bleeding either. Was told its very common. Hope it stops for you soon.
Congrats ladies on the baby boys :)
Hope everyone else is getting on ok, I think my spotting has finally stopped :smile: also got myself a doppler, used it for first time yesterday and its great xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 24th 2010

Children: One miracle baby boy born 1/5/12 xxxxxxxx

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 6:05pm

Thanks ladies.
I also have a doppler and its a god send.

Stacey xxx

1st IVF :BFN: x
2nd IVF :BFP: x

Scans 17/10/11, 23/11/11,17/12/11 & 13/1/12 all fab xxx
3D scan 3/3/12 xx
Henry Stephen Williams born 1/5/12 xxx
bab22

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 7:21pm

:wave: Hi all! Welcome new people and old people! I hope everyone is well, bleeding or not

Wow there are a lot of boys in here! I love my doppler too, even though the babies are wriggling away in there I still like listening to their little hearts beating away, still makes me smile like nothing else!

Well it seems at 28weeks it's time I head to third tri, which feels like a shock to say out loud! I hope to see some of you in there soon enough!

:bye:
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 7:33pm

My Doppler is an absolute godsend, everytime I feel a bit worried pop it on my tum and hear that amazing sound!!!
Although our little man is such a wriggler at the moment I have to search a bit harder for it, but still the most amazing sound you could ever hear :)
Enjoy the third tri fuzzy bee, not long now till you get to meet your little ones :)
Welcome Stacey, hope the bleeding has eased off [zx127]

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 12:44pm

hi ladies, can I join you? We are 13 weeks today, and had excellent results at our nuchal scan on Monday (same risk for chromosomal abnormalities as a 15 year old :)), so I am starting to feel slightly more confident about this pregnancy (but only slightly!).

It looks like we are expecting a little girl - the doctor was pretty confident about it, but we will get it confirmed in February. Right now we are only looking at girls names though :)

A few of you have mentioned using dopplers - what age can you use them from reliably? I'm in two minds about getting one tbh, in case I get myself in a panic when I can't find a heartbeat!

xmas63 xmas63 xmas63
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 1:45pm

Hi Caraz
and welcome to second tri,i use my doppler since week 10. I reckon at your weeks should be a lot easier to start using it,i love mine,as i am anti ro positive antibodies because of my lupus which can block my baby's heart i listen everyday and it just makes me so happy,otherwise i if i was you i would wait for the sexing scan at 20 weeks,i was told at about 16-17 weeks that j am definitely having girl but at 20 weeks was clear its a boy :snigger: ,the Doctor that is monitoring my lo did say that sexing so early can be tricky.
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

Caraz

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 2:28pm

,i was told at about 16-17 weeks that j am definitely having girl but at 20 weeks was clear its a boy :snigger: ,the Doctor that is monitoring my lo did say that sexing so early can be tricky.

lol mim - we really don't mind if it is a boy or a girl, and will find out soon enough anyway, but happy to go with the girl thing for now :) We aren't going to be buying anything for ages yet anyway - despite DHs suggestion this morning that we do some baby shopping in the January Sales!
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 2:31pm

Hi Ladies,

Can I join you all please too? I had my 12 week scan on Monday and all looked good, made it seem more real too :-) Just waiting on results of blood tests now so xfingers. We didn't find out what we were having last time (although DS was shy at 20 weeks so would have been tough), but have decided we will this time.

Even though this pregnancy is natural, when we went in to see our IVF consultant to show him our little boy - they have new 3/4D scan equipment and asked whether we would like a free go - to help them practice :) No promises how good images will be but we will be doing that around 23 weeks.

Need to book in for my flu jab but I have a bad cold and not sure whether I should try and get rid of that first - what do you think?

Caraz - we used a doppler last time, hard not to use too much!! The midwives start about 16 weeks listening to heartbeat but I would really recommend it. My DH got really good at detecting heartbeat too. Can I ask a question to you ladies - does it matter whether the placenta is in the front to if you can hear a heartbeat? Last time the placenta was at the back so just wondered?

Will try and catch up with everyone but for now :hi:

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 2:55pm

Hi ladies,caraz i know what you mean ot is really not important to us what we arw having just got so excited bought him some pink stuff, which i will keep for the future to laugh about it.
Nikki you may pick it up but you will pick up the placenta sounds mixed with it,so dont worry it may take some time till baby gets bit bigger :)
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 3:34pm

Welcome Caraz and Nikki! So good to see you here!

We haven't heard about our Nuchal test results yet (ok, we saw the thickness on my notes, but the bloods etc didn't come back yet - it has been over a week). They say no news is good news, so we are hopeful.

I bought the doppler as well. I couldn't find the heartbeat first time I tried it, so decided to wait for OH (the parcel arrived during the day and I was working from home). We tested it in the evening, and found the heartbeat. I am not sure if we can find both babies, or we are just picking the same one, but nonetheless, it is a nice sound. I bought a more expensive from Amazon, and I am not sorry. I am sure I will be able to sell it on ebay once we don't need it anymore. (I got Sonoline B - I pretty sure that the numbers it shows are not right, but the sounds is great!)

We did go to a baby shop after our 12 week scan, didn't buy anything, but we did have a long play with the pushchairs... If I am feeling ok, I might start buying bits in January sales. I am not ken on pink/blue bits, I prefer neutral ones, so it doesn't matter if we are having boys, girls, or both.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

[line][/line]

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 4:22pm

I gor the sonoline,i fond it accurate, the counts of the heartbeat,as this is what i am told by our Doctor to monitor,but in earlier weeks if it overlaps with other sound may produce bit different reading :-)
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mim" (Dec 15th 2011, 4:23pm)

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 4:36pm

Well, when it picks up my heartbeat, it shows 100+, most times around 120, which is surely wrong!!!! Baby's heartbeat comes up around 140-150, so I think that is ok.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

[line][/line]

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 4:45pm

Amber babies hb can be between 120-180 some up,so it sounds normal to me,the sonoline is a bit fussy you have to get clear sound and loud enough so the heart symbol flashes otherwise it can give you wrong reading,it had for me in the past and sent me to panic,so i now dont panic just try again to get him :-)
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 4:49pm

No panic here, as long as we can hear it nice and strong, I am not too fussed about the numbers. I am only 14 weeks, so it is still hard to find it sometimes, and some pressure is required at all times to get it, but I still love being able to just take it out of the box and hear the heartbeat.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

[line][/line]

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 8:46pm

Fuzzy, enjoy the third tri. Not long till you meet your two little bundles of joy starsmile

Hi Caraz and Nikki, good to see you both in here. I got the Angel sounds doppler and it says you can use it from week 14, mine doesnt tell me how many beats per minute but what i've found sounds like what the midwife picked up and sounds too fast for my heart beat so i'm saying its baby :snigger:

Is everyone still taking folic acid suppliments? I've been taking pregnacare which says you can take all the way through pregnancy but wondered if it's worth carrying on with them?

Well my spotting/bleeding finally stopped on Tuesday after a weeks and a half :)

Hope everyone else is ok xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

mim

What's Up?

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 8:59pm

I just saw my fetal care obstetrician yesterday and funny enough my dh asked him this question about pregnacare and the extra folic acid i am on,he said pregnacare is def.good to stay on
Afm i got sore throat now, my dh had it two days ago, so i got it from him and being with supressed immune system i am worried,took paracetamol and lemon,viporub,what else can i take?
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

Caraz

United Kingdom

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 9:46pm

mim - there's not much you can do for a sore throat or cold unfortunately - I'm almost over one that appeared nearly three weeks ago that knocked me out totally for several days. Hot water with honey and lemon tastes good and can help ease symptoms, especially if you get congested (the honey made me feel sick so I just used hot water and lemon). You can get a honey and lemon cough syrup from the pharmacy that has no active ingredients, but I didn't find it helped that much. Boiled sweets to keep your throat lubricated helped me more. All the usual remedies are off limits :( I really missed my lemsip!!

kat - glad to hear your bleeding has stopped, that must be so scary!

Folic acid - I have a weeks supply of 5mg folic acid left, so I may as well finish them off, but won't be renewing the prescription, the doctor said just to take them for the first trimester. I will keep taking the general pre-natal multi-vitamin though.

I'm undecided on whether to get a doppler or not - part of me would love to listen in, but I don't want to get too obsessed with it! Also, DH is not keen, I think he is worried we would get stressed out about nothing! Certainly not getting one this side of Christmas anyway - too many other things to buy, I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping!
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 10:23pm

Thanks mim, will carry on with the pregnacare. Sorry cant help with your question but hope you feel better soon [zx127]
Caraz, not long till christmas, hope you finish your shopping soon. I've just finished mine, just got to wrap everything now, thats the bit I dont like xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Friday, December 16th 2011, 9:22am

kat, good news that the bleeding stopped.

For sore throat, I would say honey and lemon. If it was my grandma, she would tell you to eat garlic as well, at least a clove a day (but then, in old wives tales, it could cure the cancer as well). She used to give it to us as children finely chopped on dark bread spread with butter and sprinkled with salt. Or sliced onion :) Since these are the things I grew up, I quite like them, and actually had some bread with garlic couple of weeks ago and an 'onion sandwich' the other week... I think I am going to make some of my dark bread so I can have another slice - I don't like it on the white bread.

5 working days to go for me until holiday, and it feels like they are dragging out. We got more or less everything sorted for our trip back home, I just need to get a couple more toys/gifts for friends' children and some bras for my mum and sister (they are opposite to me - the band is big, but the cup small and they can't find the bras back home, apparently, where is I have small band and huge cup).

I saw the free antenatal classes at Babycentre, maybe it is useful to someone:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/about/online-antenatal-classes/
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

[line][/line]

Reg: Sep 9th 2010

Friday, December 16th 2011, 11:04am

We had our 20 weeks scan yesterday. And it is a girl and a boy
. We are over the moon. The scan went really well. Both babies are
healthy and active. Baby boy is a bit more chubbier and the only concern
was that his belly was slightly on the larger side of the scale, which
could mean risk of diabetes (for me I guess) but otherwise all was
great. I actually had tears in my eyes when she told us the second baby
was a boy. I am so so pleased that they look healthy. One of the little
monkeys have kept me up since 4.30am this morning - so I am definatelly
feeling them now :) .

Next scan scheduled for the 6th Jan.

Have a lovely weekend.

MY DIARY

April'10-IVF 4 eggs-none fertilised
Sep'10-ICSI 2 eggs,1 fertilised 7/10/10 BFN
Jan'11-ICSI 13 eggs,9 fertilsed, 2x8 cells put back - 4/2/11 BFN
May'11-ICSI 14 eggs,9 fertilised - none made it to day 5
Aug'11-DE,Czech Rep 13/8 2 blasts trans,1 frostie - :BFP:
Scan 8/9/11,3/10/11,20/10/11,15/12/11,6/1/12,2/2/12, 2/3/12, 5/4/12 bab10 bab11
Twins arrived 8/4/12 both healthy

United Kingdom

Friday, December 16th 2011, 12:11pm

Congratulations, SunnyBee!!!! Fantastic news!

I can't wait to find out what we are having (although I wouldn't mind if it was a surprise either!)
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
AMH - 1.49

[line][/line]

mim

What's Up?

Friday, December 16th 2011, 5:54pm

bab21 bab22 Sunnybee so happy :party: starsmile :congrats:
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, December 16th 2011, 6:57pm

Sunnybee, thats great news :thumbsup:

I spoke too soon, my spotting came back today :thumbdown:
Hope everyones got nice plans for the weekend? Xxx
Lily born 30/04/12

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Friday, December 16th 2011, 8:57pm

Hi everyone

Mim sorry to hear you have been sick. I had a bad cold that forced me to have a rare day off sick. It's wierd feeling the full effects of a cold rather than using Meds to help alleviate it. Hope you feel better soon.

Kay - I too had lots of bleeding then one day it just stopped. I was speaking to a lady at yoga and she had bleeding through to week 15. Hopefully it stops for you soon.

Wonderful news sunny bee you must be really excited.

I am feeling little one quite a lot more now. Am struggling with a big lump where I do Clexane injections that really hurts. Called the midwife team and was assured there is no way the needle can touch the baby so am going to start using left side too where I know the baby is. Just feels wrong doing an injection so close to little one. Bu I can't do any more on right side I'm in agony and I obviously have to keep taking it.

Feels so much more real now. Am loving my bump, feeling her move etc.
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

mim

What's Up?

Friday, December 16th 2011, 9:07pm

Hey Devchick so nice to see you here again,when i did the clexane did it in my upper arms never got lump there and much less sore then in tummy or legs and always put the jab in different places each time,did you find out what you are having.
otherwise i feel so so,do you ladies feel weird pressure in the lower tummy very light pms pressure and bad back aches or is it just me?
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
Lupus,antiRO&arth

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mim" (Dec 16th 2011, 9:09pm)

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Friday, December 16th 2011, 9:33pm

Hi Mim

We are expecting a little girl :happy:

I didn't realise I can inject in my arms. Hmm will check that out - thanks!

I had really bad lower tummy pains last week which felt like period pains. Had me quite worried just because it felt like iPod pain. Of course the next morning I awoke to a bigger tummy! S yes it doesn't feel nice but it is just your uterus stretching to accommodate your growing baby :happy:
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, December 16th 2011, 10:03pm

Great news :girl: devchick xxx