You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bumblebee73" started this thread

Reg: Jul 5th 2010

Monday, December 6th 2010, 6:41pm

Robertsonian Translocation (13;14) - success stories

Hi there

I was just wondering if anyone could help me please. My husband and I have been advised that he has the above. I was just wondering if anyone had any success stories of the male having this. Any information would gratefully be appreciated.

Thank you

V xx

Reg: Dec 25th 2009

Children: One Angel son 15.5.11 and a Rainbow baby son 13.10.12

Monday, December 6th 2010, 8:18pm

Hello Bumblebee :wave:

Though DH and I are having treatment for a recessive disease we both carry, I know there are others who've had successful PGD treatment for translocations. Feel free to pop onto the PGD chatter page where it's (usually) a lot busier, and maybe look through some of the older posts to see who's had what. A lot of women here seem to have done really well with PGD, and hopefully you will too, if you decide to go ahead.

Best of luck!
:xxx3:
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD
1 angel in heaven, 1 here

Monday, December 6th 2010, 10:20pm

Thank you so much for your reply. It's lovely to hear from others in the same boat. We are at the fertility clinic on Monday so hoping to get some more answers.

We will definately go ahead with whatever we are offered. I know we would get 3 ICSI tries but not sure what happens if it goes to pgd.

I bet you are really excited to get to the end of your treatment and get your bfp.

I will definately pop into the pgd thread too.

Thanks again for your help.

V xxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 9:56pm

Hi Bumblebee just popped in to say good luck :-) Our case is very similar to Hope's: reason for PGD is to stop a genetic disease being inherited in the family. All I heard about translocation mutations is that they make the embryo unviable so you either try until you are lucky (but sadly very likely to miscarry several times before that) or go for PGD... In all honesty I do not envy you it is a very-very difficult situation.

Huhh, Hopeful can write so much optimistically! I wish you all the luck and surely your consultant can tell you some success stories as well.

:bye:
Rianon

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 2:52pm

Hi Bumblebee my husband had a translocation of genes 3 and 9. This was a shock to us as we were having treatment as I have pcos and hence not falling pregnant. I was on clomid for what seemed like forever and to be honest I fell pregnant and then had a mc. We now have the most beautiful wee boy in the world who is so adorable. We had him with the assisstance of ICSI and PGD. I hope that you have all the luck in the world and that you are as lucky as us. I fell pregnant with the first attempt and we only had one embryo to transfer back and it still worked. I was also 39 yr old when I had treatment so if I can do it there is hope and tons of it for every body else. Good luck

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Monday, December 27th 2010, 5:03pm

Thank you so much for your replies. It really has given me some hope. We have been referred to guys and hopefully our funding will be transferred so we will be able to have our 3 tries still.

Where did you girls get your treatment?

V xxx

Reg: Dec 25th 2009

Children: One Angel son 15.5.11 and a Rainbow baby son 13.10.12

Monday, December 27th 2010, 8:22pm

I had treatment at CRGH, also in London. They're more of a private clinic although they do cycles for funded patients sometimes too. Guy's is the main place for funded cycles and they have a lot of experience and loads of information leaflets to download from their website which I found to be really helpful.

I hope you're enjoying the holiday period and as I said before, feel free to come over to the PGD chatter page if you'd like - it's relatively quiet, but very friendly and the same women here are over there too :)
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD
1 angel in heaven, 1 here

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, December 28th 2010, 1:40pm

Hi Bumblebee, I just wanted to say hello and good luck with your treatment, I know it is a shock finding out that you'll need PGD but it's better to know than not to know and thank goodness PGD exists these days! I have a translocation of chromosomes 1 and 20 and after PGD I now have twin girls. I was at Guy's so can reassure you that you are in very good hands indeed. Once your probes have been made up (that takes a few weeks) then you'll be ready for IVF/ICSI in the ACU. The staff there are absolutely lovely so don't worry at all x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Tuesday, December 28th 2010, 1:48pm

Hi there

Thank you so much for your replies, I think I'm starting to get my head around things now.

Hopeful, I think I will join the pgd chatter if you girls will have me, I was looking for the thread but couldn't find it, i think I know where it is now. We are having an ok Christmas, how about you?

Ros, you must be sooo happy having your little girls, that is soo lovely to hear of success stories. You hear so many BFN's and I think it does really knock us doesn't it?

Thank you so much again for replying to me.

V xxx

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 9:36am

Hi Bumblebee73

I havent been on this site for a long time but just read your comment. My husband has the same Chromosone abnormality. We were successful on our first attempt and have a gorgeous baby girl who is 11 months. I am only on this quickly today but if you have any questions ask away and I will be back on soon .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Natalie

1ST ICSI/PGD - JUNE 2009 = :BFP:

2nd ICSI/PGD - MAY 2011 = :BFP:

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 4:57pm

Thank you for your reply. Could I ask you if you were advised that you could have normal icsi with just 2% chance of embryo being unbalanced?

V xx

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: Blessed with a wee girl on 12.03.10 and a boy on 30.01.12.....perfection

Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 7:48pm

Sorry for late reply!! I dont recall the exact % they told us but do recall them saying we didnt have to have the PGD side if we wanted to just have ICSI. At Glasgow clinic we were told that we could have 3 treatment cycles if we had PGD as it was classed as a genetic problem but if just ICSI it was only 1 treatment cycle as classed as fertility!

N x
Natalie

1ST ICSI/PGD - JUNE 2009 = :BFP:

2nd ICSI/PGD - MAY 2011 = :BFP:

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests