You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nix71" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Children: Hoping for a miracle.....please

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 3:51pm

Surrogacy in Uk and in India ( SI )

Hi,

After 7 heartbreaking failed IVF's ( the last 2 with Donor eggs ) I are now considering adoption or surrogacy but surrogacy seems almost impossible in the UK, especially as i would also need donor eggs!!

Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of Surrogacy India, it seems it would cost about $30K - eekkkk - including the donor eggs but it's quite a leap to think of a lady in India carrying a baby for me - funny how you will adjust to things when your choices are limited!

I am also concerned about the moral implications as it may be done from need for money rather than choice as in the uk??

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Calypso

Superstar

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 8:15pm

Hi Nix
I don't know much about this topic, but I have read an interesting article about it in the London Evening Standard - I think this is the link to it ...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/a…egal-battles.do

and here are a couple of others

None of these links are endorsed by FZ

Hope they help. Wishing you lots of luck with your journey!

xxx

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain

Jan 08 Fibroid removed. May 08 IUI - BFN :sadface:
Nov 08 IVF 7 eggs (just one fertilised :sadface: - BFN
May 09 ICSI 1 - 7 eggs (two fertilised) BFN :sadface:
Aug 09 Another fibroid removed
Nov 09 ICSI 2 - 1 mature egg (it fertilised) BFN :sadface:

My journey is now over

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 10:48pm

HI,

I didn't think that surrogacy was so unlikely in the UK, quite a few licensed clinics in the country are now happy about working with surrogates. Many surrogates prefer what is called "direct" surrogacy where they are both the surrogate and the egg donor, and the treatment required is therefore insemination with the male partner's sperm, rather than IVF/ET.

Have you should look through a copy of the HFEA guide to clinics - this should list those involved with surrogacy. And have you spoken to the surrogacy agencies, the one I knew best was COTS, as I used to do some work for them some years ago, but there are others?

I have had some experience with oversees adoption, but not surrogacy.

Good luck,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

• "nix71" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Children: Hoping for a miracle.....please

Monday, November 29th 2010, 9:13am

Thanks for your advice - i will read the articles and do some further research.....xx

I know it's a radical potential solution and am wondering about adoption too - I have the adoption pack from my LA, maybe its time to read it again and stop my own ivf journey? I need 6 months clear before they will let us apply....

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE