You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 97 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "linzi1" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Sunday, November 14th 2010, 4:08pm

first time clomid, excited and nervous

Hi all, not been here for a while.

Well after 6 months of waiting for doc's and hospital to get back to me about trying clomid before the ivf treatment, they have finally agreed. so i picked my prescription up today and i'm just waiting a few days so i can start to take them.
i#m on the usual 50mg, but doctor has told me i wont be monitored yet, i thought you would be monitored straight away, or is it just when your on a higher does?
I feel sooo excited but nervous at the same time. :thumbsup:
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Sunday, November 14th 2010, 6:52pm

Hi Linzi,

Good luck with your first cycle of clomid. Im on my 2nd cycle of clomid at the moment. Im currently on 50mg but if Im not sucessful this cycle, its going up to 100mg. I only had one 21 day blood test on my 1st cycle and that was it, im kinda just left to it now for 12 months! Some women on here get bloods every month and scans. It seems to depend which area you live. If Im not sucessful after the 3rd cycle, im going to request a scan I think. Just so i know everything is working.

Best wishes x
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Sunday, November 14th 2010, 8:30pm

Hiya

Just wanted to wish you luck on your up and coming clomid cycle, i was lucky enough to be scanned to see that it was working but im aware that different clinics work differently, good luck with it, i never had many side effects just a bit moody and hot flushes-all the best x x x

NYH X X X

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

• "linzi1" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Sunday, November 14th 2010, 8:41pm

Thanks to you both,, its good to speak with people who understand.xxxxxx
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 15th 2010, 9:50am

Linzi, Princesslittlehead,

You REALLY NEED to be monitored. I wasn't monitored and ended up with OHSS and in hospital having cysts removed and threatened with losing an ovary. I was off work for about 5 or 6 weeks. AND I still didn't ovulate.

Its not good enough to just leave you to it. How do they know whether it is working when they won't even test you.

For all they know you could be responding well to clomid and putting you on a higher dose may cause OHSS. Clomid is an ovulation drug, if you ovulate then it means it is working.

I'm appauled at the way you've been fobbed off. At the very least you should be having blood tests done.

Princess, if you had one blood test that showed you had ovulated then they should ensure that the next cycle is the same. Otherwise you may end up being overstimmulated.

It makes me so angry and upset that doctors use this dangerous drug and don't monitor you on it, especially after what happened to me.

Please please try to get bloods done and a scan. What is the point in putting these drugs into your body when you don't know if they're working or not.

And please don't up the dose if 50mg is making you ovulate.

It can take normally fertile couples up to 2 years to conceive natually. So if you're on clomid and you're ovulating the odds don't suddenly increase from that. It means that you are ovulating and have a chance.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests