You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "berecka" started this thread

Reg: Jun 12th 2010

Children: one daughter born 28th Sept 12

Friday, October 1st 2010, 7:51pm

Help transfering pct funding

Hey ladies,
I understand some of you have been successful in transferring your funding from nhs to private clinics. We have just recieved the initial letter from pct saying they are thinking about our funding and sending us a crappy survey to do. We do not want to go to St Helliers it looks bad bad bad. We have some reasons to support our case but would really appreciate some advice/tips from those who have been successful and doing this.
Thanks, any info appreciated
x

Spain United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 11th 2009

Children: 2 teenage sons 13 & 14 and my miracle twins Noha Martina & Oscar Noha born 7 wks early 11/10/11 RIP princess Noha <3

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 6:25pm

Hi hun, i cant help u on this as i am private, doing egg share as a donor, to be honest im glad im doing it this way as the NHS is a nightmare.
I see you posted this 24 days ago and no one has replied, i hope someone comes along soon with some advise for you. In the meantime if there are any other questions that you need answering then i will be more then happy to help if i can :)

Love kel xxx

IVFx3
TWINS [zx076] [zx076] 7wks prem
Oscar Noha 4lb2 - Tracheal Esophageal Fistula & Esophageal Atresia
Noha Martina 3lb8 - HLHS RIP Princess
My TWIN diary

Reg: Jun 29th 2008

Children: NONE YET!!!!!BUT HOPING !

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 7:31pm

TRANSFERRING FUNDING

Hi Berecka
I have just seen your post and thought I may give you what I know :)
I am currently on a donor journey and have been for the last 5 yr!anyway back in the beginning we decided not to go on a long waiting list for the NHS however we were entilited to a go on the NHS.We hada clinic all lined up privartely but the thing was the private treatment was obviuosly more than the PCT would allow.They wrote to the private clinic and my consultant had to say the amount would be the same as NHS were willing to pay ,they then trasferred the money to my private clinic bobs ya uncle fannys ya aunt so to speak! :snigger: basically we knew it would be more privately but as we wanted this clinic we made up the shortfall i think we had to pay extra 2000 as the nhs only gave us 3,500 so yeah we kinda tols a porkie but it was the only way we would get a cut of the nhs funding due to us unless we went somewhere where the treatment cost only 3,500 which to be honest for what we need no chance!!
Our consultnat told them what they needed to know as long as he got his funds he was happy
Hope this kinds helps a little squggin
good luck hun
louisexx :)

• "berecka" started this thread

Reg: Jun 12th 2010

Children: one daughter born 28th Sept 12

Friday, October 29th 2010, 6:27pm

Thank you guys. I am only just on waiting list (which is between 1 and 2 years) I have written to the PCT to point out I should have been put on it last year and asked them to
transfer the funding.They have written back to say assisted conception is a long journey and be patient.I have written back to say no...So we will have to wait and see what happens.
Thinking of leaving UK as all this ivf is stressing me out.Blown most of our savings on IVF etc though so might have to get saving asap.
Anyway fingers crossed for a positive response from the PCT.
Thanks again Kel and Louise
x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE